Deal with blasts

Aegnor

Hi.

I was wondering if we had any good options against blast. Like what would you do if you are against lazarus, the pigapult or more tricky the new misaki upgrade (where damage reduction is no longer an option) ?

I also play gremlins and we have merris lacroix for example. Outcast have the freikorpsmen. So do we have anything?

Neverborn options against blasts are spread out and hit first. 

You could also hire in Friekorps. 

I think the only other models in the game that grant protection from Blasts are Seishin. (I've probably missed one or two, but its not common to be able to stop blast damage)

• Like 1

Don't get hit and spread out? 

Don't use models like Teddy that are easy to blast off? 

Use terrain and Lilith/Cyclopse to block LoS ? 

Kill the blaster? After all, the best defence is a good offence! Hiring Hannah and a Grootslang could be useful here... 

Fill their deck with Black Jokers? 

Seriously, that's about all I got... 

• Like 1

Serena's upgrade to start something in their face and kill the offending blaster. Lilith can break LoS between her own models to prevent blasts from Sonnia/Misaki affecting too many models. Soulstone uses can always stone to give the attacker an additional negative on their damage, lots of people seem to forget that.

Against stuff that uses :ranged I've had some fun with shadow-deploying waldgeists to engage and generally make a mess. McTavish can carry the upgrade and use them to shoot better.

• Like 1

It's interesting as a question for neverborn since 4/8 of our masters like bubbles, balls or hordes.

If you've taken anything with df 4 stitched etc, keep them well out of range and Los - cover won't be enough, because pushes and focus, ignoring cover etc.

Always ensure there's enough cover and Los blocking terrain on the table,  a common mistake that people often fail to account for.

Use said terrain to draw models to positions where they can be handled with less risk.

Engage to shut down, sponge ap or engage to kill.

After that it comes down to what/who the blaster is, what you've hired into your crew and resources you can afford to apply to shut them down vs potential damage.

For locking them down we have the fast moving types gupps, silurids, insidious madness etc.

Disposable models to engage it with gupps, alps, hounds.

The large engagement ranges obviously waldgiest etc.

Lures to pull them into position or out of position from their perspective Knights, Lilutu, kade, beckoners etc

And masters that can teleport them, obey them into/out if position, a Master that can steal their a/p and a lot of damage dealing or paralyze options.

The four masters that probably need more focus here would be the Dreamer, Lucius, Collodi and Pandora ...In my opinion.

• Like 1