- Wade In (1)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Sebastian (7)
 - Dampening Field (1)
The Scorpius (6)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Nurse (5)

it's fantastic 
Amina fantastic defender of other model, and scorpius aura is amazing in this crew 

win against TaraBobm 
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Felt wistful and brought McCabe and dusted off the pair of hunters, pair of sanctioned spellcasters, emissary, etc. My opponent was also feeling the need for a change and dusted off thematic Pandora plus poltergeist and single sorrow, trying out summoning upgrade. Of course, my crew melted even with Promises. The sanctioned spellcaster, hilariously, turned a pair of sorrows into soul stones when it exploded. Dual Arcane Shield might have been impertinent into that crew had I managed not to have my crew melt early on and lose activation control. For once spellcasters were exactly the correct model to bring.

Substituted a warden for a hunter, and a reporter for extra cache, and faced thematic Colette (it was a night to dust off shelved crews) for the second time ever. McCabe net-gunned a performer and ice dancer flank in place while the saber warden chased down the mannequin accompanying the other ice dancer on the other flank. I had a good enough hand to swap Colette’s scheme markers for my own. Managed to deny her claim jump, but guessed wrong on undercover entourage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Felt wistful and brought McCabe and dusted off the pair of hunters, pair of sanctioned spellcasters, emissary, etc. My opponent was also feeling the need for a change and dusted off thematic Pandora plus poltergeist and single sorrow, trying out summoning upgrade. Of course, my crew melted even with Promises. The sanctioned spellcaster, hilariously, turned a pair of sorrows into soul stones when it exploded. Dual Arcane Shield might have been impertinent into that crew had I managed not to have my crew melt early on and lose activation control. For once spellcasters were exactly the correct model to bring.

Substituted a warden for a hunter, and a reporter for extra cache, and faced thematic Colette (it was a night to dust off shelved crews) for the second time ever. McCabe net-gunned a performer and ice dancer flank in place while the saber warden chased down the mannequin accompanying the other ice dancer on the other flank. I had a good enough hand to swap Colette’s scheme markers for my own. Managed to deny her claim jump, but guessed wrong on undercover entourage.

What is this dual arcane shield you speak of?

50SS Guild
Strategy: headhunter
Available Schemes: claim jump, dig their graves, leave your mark, undercover entourage, a quick murder

My list (keeping in mind I have a limited selection of models)

Sonnia + Cherufe's Imprint, Reincarnation
Witchling Handler
Witchling Stalker x 2
Witchling Thrall
Dashel + arrest him
Guild Rifleman x 2

A Quick Murder target was the Hooded Rider

• Like 1

Symbols of Authority:

Punish the Weak
Dig Their Graves
Undercover Entourage
Show of Force
Recover Evidence

Corner Deployment

I had:

Hoffman (4SS)
- Arcanist Assets
- Improved Harness
- Field Mechanic

Joss
- Debt

Ryle
- Debt
- Numb

Toolkit

Watcher

Guardian

Attendant

Soulstone Miner

Opponent had:

Lynch (6SS)
- Cheating Bastard
- Misdirection
- Woke up with a Hand

Hungering Darkness
- Smoke Grenades

Gwynneth Maddox

3x Illuminated

2x Ten Thunder Brothers

I scored 1 of Show of Force and 3 of Punish the Weak. With 4 from Symbols (removed 3, lost 1)

He scored 1 for Symbols, 3 for Dig and 2 for Punish the Weak. 2 turning points were Huggy RJ on Ryle (doing 11 but with the tome trigger it went to 8) and then Hoff RJ a Illuminated which allowed me to move and machine puppet a Soulstone Miner out of Lynchs way so he couldn`t score Punish The Weak ;)

8:6 victory for the Hoff.

• Like 3

On 31.12.2017 at 7:23 PM, Franchute said:

@trikk what is your opinion about the soulstone miner? It's been effective each time I've used it, but it is one less activation at the begining if you want it forward. What about trying to squeeze say two watchers instead?

Hard to say. I just painted them so I wanted to use them. They seem nice in symbols because they force the enemy to play defensive, especially tha Hoffman can quite easily Leap+walk+puppet them to take down a marker after a double-walk.

The reason I like the miner over a second watcher (I don`t own 3) is that 1) Miner is more independant, its Ml6 with an ok damage track and prevents if needed which means it can kill opposing scheme runners. Watchers won`t disengage from anything if they get caught. 2) They force your opponent to play very defensive because you can quite easily take down a marker T2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

McCabe’s short jaunt continues, with a sanctioned replaced by the newly assembled queller and the construct of choice being the guardian, with a dash of invisibility cloak. I flubbed recover evidence by losing the cloak by half an inch (“has anyone seen my dog?”) but a handful of high crows meant the queller got in some quality annoyance against Nekima.

20 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I just realized this breaks my plan to play more sonnia in the new year.  So maybe I'll run a sonnia belle list or just a boring sonnia list with a Hunter. 

Ended up running sonnia,  Frank with llc, nurse hb with expert sleuth, papa with sleuth,  An investigator and a Hunter.   

First turn I took out a samauri and a goryo with sonnia.   My opponent moved up so much i didn't need hbs pushes, so I charged her into yaz, doing about 3 damage and hopefully setting up a neutred second turn.   

2nd turn,  despite my double expert sleuth my opponent stoned against my total of 11 and got a 13.  I stoned and got a low card.  Nurse hb didn't survive,  because although she got yazs  black and her red she also got the red damage flip.  Since nurse hb was my entourage that was sad.   Sonnia charged in on yaz, putting him on fire (me forgetting both my+damage from papa and my blasts which could have ended the soul porter and damaged yl) frank then went in and at min 5 finished yaz off.

From there the game was basically yl not doing much to Sam or sonnia, my crew stuggling to kill yl (finallygot him turn 4)  the emissary taking down sonnia but it's each scoring supply wagons (except I didnt score turn 2)

I snuck the investigator through and got my breakthrough.   My opponent only got one for that.   

I like the list but will probably try to do a second hunter instead of nurse hb since it is flank.   Not positive about that,  as hb is almost as good at pushing the wagon and can carry sleuth

• Like 1

ILast night I played some standard deploynsymbols, with take prisoner, take one for the team, punish, recover evidence and public demo.

I took lucius with surprisingly loyal and deep pockets,  scribe, 4x gg, 2x monster hunters,  doppelganger,  beckoner, and sam hopkins

My opponent took mcmourning with Sebastian,  an autopsy,  a little gasser, 2 shikome, a nurse, and a Chihuahua. 

I managed to win 5-4 despite being stupid and taking take one for the team against the poison killer.   Sam was the sucker but he actually survived all game (but did very little)

I would have lost but my opponent Moved a second mOdel into engagement with my beckoner for no reason,  giving away take prisoner.  The doppelganger copied the lure and got her out of there for the win. 

• Like 1

Flank Symbols, Punish the Weak (we both took it), Covert Breakthrough, Public Demonstration (both took it), Take Prisoner

Guild McMourning:

Guild Coroner, Test Subjects, On the Clock

-Sebastian

-Kudra + Debt to the Guild

-Myranda

Zombie Chiuahuahua

Razorspine Rattler

Scorpius

Brutal Effigy

Nurse

Against Molly:

Archie, Sybelle, 2 Doxies, 2 R. belles, lots of upgrades.

Won 8 (4 stategy, 3 punish and 1 for public demo, damn its so hard to do schemes against allknowing Molly) - 7 (2 strat, 3 public demo, 2 punish the weak).

Was a really tough start with plenty of action turn 1-2 (totem and Nurse died on turn 1, rattler got smoked turn 2)  and me doing almost nothing with a really crap hand and draws. No severes in hand before turn 3. But i kept doing strat and shemes and got through. Doctor did one good turn killing a belle and doxie in one activation, but the rest of the game he was mostly paralyzed by Molly or slowed by a Belle and missing his attacks/failing horror checks. Myranda is superb, as is Kudra. Rattler is pretty nice i guess - lots of mobility, but he was focused pretty early (though got 3 or 4 AP to kill - thats pretty nice for 6 ss!). Blessed of december appearing from Myranda was a real MVP securing the last strategy marker on the enemy side.

• Like 1

I got work out of a Guild lawyer. :huh:

‘Guild’ McMourning got a game and a half: Symbols of Authority against Von Schill, and Ply for Information against Lady Justice punctuated by a lot of theatrics and side-bars for the spectator who hadn’t seen much of Malifaux before.

(McMourning’s Guild symbols were graffito’d with ‘I Quit’ and the like. ;) )

I tried using McMourning very much as a flanker instead of the rancid transplant route. Queeg, Francisco, and a guardian went to the center first, while the lawyer and McMourning’s poisonous friends followed as a second wave.

McMourning plus poison pushes deployed second and lunged across the board to touch an isolated symbol on turn one. Then the nurse (only one, thanks to the re-costing) held back a high card and when Von Schill also traversed the board to try and grab a symbol, she paralyzed him. Hannah rained blasts. The chihuahua broke the Freikorps’ gas masks. I killed his pair of engineers to tick Make Them Suffer. He killed my non-poison henchmen to claim Show of Force. McMourning nicked another symbol. Von Schill cleared out the poisoners.

Enter the lawyer, and my dreadful hands on turns four and five, as he cited higher authorities on all sides to stroll across the board, disengaging, claiming the last symbol for two VP. 8-6 on strat points and only my second win against this opponent.

In the second game the nurse locked down Lady Justice once, but in return she one-shotted Sebastian. In the eagerness to show off the game I flat forgot to accomplish scheme one or even to select scheme two, although I had been scoring Ply for Information.

• Like 2

Ran round 2 of the upcoming murderland tourney: ply,  standard, take one for the team,  Dig their graves,  sof, tofttt, surround them,  vendetta.

I brought lucius with dp with 2 monster hunters,  scribe,  4 gg. Frank with wade and llc, jury with debt and transparency (meant to do dig,  then realized "hey this isn't phiona)

Faced a viks crew with 2 kitted out viks,  emissary, scion, void wretchx2 and a midnight stalker.  

I lost 4-3 but it was a close one.  I made some mistakes (using dual pistols instead of the ca from monster hubters to tryto put a vik down for example),  so did my opponent.   Fun game though. 

• Like 2

50 SS Guild Crew
Lady Justice + 5 Pool
 - Badge Of Office (2)
 - Swordfighter (1)
The Judge (8)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
Pale Rider (10)
The Lone Marshal (7)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Guard (3)
Guild Guard (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Did nasty things to an Asami crew two games in a row. 

I already talked about my final 3 lists in the tournament elsewhere.  Both games ended up being against nico. The first two rounds I ran

Lucius with deep pockets

Scribe

2x monster hunter

4x guild guard

And 1. 2 thralls and secret assets

2. Jury with llc abd debt and phi with transparency and debt

I tied the first ply for info game and then won the second 4-2.

• 2 weeks later...

I had two half-games...

Lucius and the Neverborn mimics and Promises Queeg into Von Schill and the Freikorps all-stars. With a poor hand remaining, Tannen took a leaf from his boss’ playbook and bored Graves to splash black blood [tears of boredom] and kill Anna.

I wasn’t Guild for the second game but played into reincarnation Sonnia. It went a bit odd. A stalker was turned into an abomination; another stalker killed the burning Leveticus but his death pulse took out the stalker, spawning a fresh stalker and an abomination; Sonnia killed the first abomination set on fire by the second stalker dying, making yet another stalker.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

last game was this Saturday:

50ss

Flank Symbols of Authority

Punish the Weak, Covert Breakthrough, Undercover Entourage, Take One for the Team, Vendetta

Nellie: Embedded, Delegation, Misleading Headlines

Printing Press

The Judge: Lead Lined Coat, Debt to the Guild

Francisco Ortega: Wade In, Numb to the World

Killjoy: Debt to the Guild

Ronin

Field Reporter

My opponent played Seamus (Sinister Reputation, Red Chapel Killer), Copycat Killer, Valedictorian, Asura Rotten, Anna Lovelace, Hayreddin, 2 Rotten Belles

I got to try the Killjoy bomb someone talked about in the "Nellie bomb" thread against my nemesis Paul.  I popped him out at the end of the round, engaging Anna and Asura.  I killed Asura next turn but Paul focused the rest of the crew on Killjoy and killed him in the same turn.  Now I was down 2 models versus Paul's  crew minus Asura but plus a Dead Doxie.   I scored full points for Cover Breakthrough, two points for Punish the Weak, and two points for Symbols.  He scored all ten points (Symbols, Covert Breakthrough, Undercover Entourage)  I remembered more of her special abilities this time around: Propoganda pushed my own models, dropped scheme markers and heals from her Assignments action, gained Evidence when he flipped Symbols.  Turns out Seamus is REALLY good at Symbols of Authority.

The Killjoy bomb was OK.  Paul couldn't stop me from getting where I wanted to go, but he also took out Killjoy quickly.