been a while since I've asked, what was your last list you played

4thstringer

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Something still sounds off, you don't usually stone for damage prevent until  after the damage flip IIRC(though now I want to look it up).

I'm going to start a new.thread on guild funds, it's a topic that deserves it's own thread.

that's what happened but now that I looked it up I played it wrong and didn't need to burn the stone. For some reason I assumed I had to declare the stone before he flipped for damage just like using a stone for a + flip or a suit. Other than my misplay with the stone (using it when it wasn't needed) it was still pretty good game for my first outing with Nellie. Will definitely be trying her in some more games. 

2 hours ago, Adran said:

You are right, you don't flip for damage reduction until you know the damage total. I assumed he meant he added a negative damage flip, or he was going to spend the stone and didn't need to. 

Nah, I just messed the timing up and my opponent didn't catch it either. Live and learn- at least the mistake was something that penalized me (cost me a stone) and didn't change the outcome of anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thewrathchilde said:

that's what happened but now that I looked it up I played it wrong and didn't need to burn the stone. For some reason I assumed I had to declare the stone before he flipped for damage just like using a stone for a + flip or a suit. Other than my misplay with the stone (using it when it wasn't needed) it was still pretty good game for my first outing with Nellie. Will definitely be trying her in some more games. 

Nah, I just messed the timing up and my opponent didn't catch it either. Live and learn- at least the mistake was something that penalized me (cost me a stone) and didn't change the outcome of anything. 

I find using Nellie to be really fun for me, not as much for my opponents, so I stopped using her so much unless I am trying something janky.

9 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I find using Nellie to be really fun for me, not as much for my opponents, so I stopped using her so much unless I am trying something janky.

I could see that. However, if more events are going to start encouraging use of multiple masters then I need to get at least a decent amount of games in with her so have a good understanding of her and her crew against a variety of crews and pools. An event isn’t the time for discovery learning. 

1 hour ago, thewrathchilde said:

I could see that. However, if more events are going to start encouraging use of multiple masters then I need to get at least a decent amount of games in with her so have a good understanding of her and her crew against a variety of crews and pools. An event isn’t the time for discovery learning. 

Definitely.  Enjoy!

so.... I had hopes and intent to get two games in today since I was off work but only managed to get one in as the beer and BBQ overcame the rest of the afternoon. But in the one game I did get in a chance to try something I had mentioned in a different thread: Lucius w/Hannah! I had intended to play one game with this (if the pool worked for it) and one game with Nellie and after I saw the pool new that this was the game for Lucius. 

The pool was: Corner Ply for Information, Surround Them, Set Up, Inescapable Trap, Show of Force, and Take One for the Team. Yes, I know that Nellie w/the three Amigos/Amigas would have been good in this pool also with Show of Force in the pool and Inescapable Trap (though not one of my picks of choice) is easy with a bunch of Fast Henchmen. But when I see Ply and Set Up both of those just scream Lucius to me...... a lot of pools scream Lucius to me though. 😉 Granted Phiona makes Set Up almost a given anyway but having Lucius give her another attack with Commanding Presence or send something else in within the range of Guild Intelligence first to get another scheme marker just makes it as almost guaranteed 3 points. 

My list was: Lucius w/Deep Pockets & Secret Objectives, The Scribe, Phiona w/Lead Lined Coat & Transparency, Hannah, Witchling Thrall x 2, and Guild Guard x 2. I took Set Up (Shadow Emissary) and Surround Them for my schemes.  

My opponent was playing a Lynch list. From memory: Lynch w/Rising Sun, Woke Up With a Hand & Expert Cheater, Huggy w/Addict, Shadow Emmisarry w/Conflux of Hunger, 3 x Illuminated, and 2 x Beckoners. I know he had Inescapable Trap.....I don't know what other scheme he had.

First turn was positional play- Guild Guard starting in Surround Them position and dropping scheme markers and walking towards the neutral corners. Lucius activated early to "push" Hannah and Phiona with Commanding Presence and then Issue Command to one of the Guild Guard to move him further toward the least protected neutral corner. Hannah moved up, dropped a scheme marker, copied Command Stone, and dropped a Stone Pillar nest to some terrain screening a significant portion of my crew from threats either this turn or next until I was ready to activate her and remove the pillar. Phiona immediately did the same on the other flank of the terrain giving me a pretty large screen between a blocking & impossible obstacle and the 2 x Stone Pillars. The Scribe moved up behind cover to provide the DF bonus to most of the crew from a position of safety and the Thralls yanked the Chain, moved up, dropped markers 4" apart, and then I was prepared for next turn. 

[commentary} the Stone Pillars were kind of key to my plan for turn 2. I got Phiona and Hannah out early on turn 1 and got the Pillars up to block my opponents LOS for shooting and Luring to most of my crew. With Commanding Presence, Issue Command, What Lackeys Are For, and Look Out in my back pocket plus a huge hand of cards and knowledge of the schemes in the pool I knew I could afford to set back and play defensively while moving my expendables into position to score Surround Them. This would make him choose whether to try to deny Surround on one of the corners or try to come towards my main crew. In either case I was confident in my ability to reposition faster than him even with his Beckoners and in my ability to stall and then blitz in at the end of a turn to get Ply each turn and get Set Up on a key turn when available. 

Moving into turn two I kept 1 card out of my hand (10 of Masks- any 5+ mask is good for guaranteeing Lackeys) and pitched the rest of the cards to draw up into a pretty solid 8 card hand (gotta love that) including the Red Joker. I won the flip for initiative and was able to get the charge on Huggy (he had moved to where he could barely peak around the blockade) with a Thrall (MI 6 against DF 3 is pretty good) and two attacks later with the RJ cheated in for damage and another severe = a dead Hungering Darkness. Afterwards the Thrall (0) Yanked the Chain back to a position of safety leaving him down one Huggy and me still tucked in the defensive position. We maneuvered some and I sent the other Thrall up to do work  (Ply on a Illuminated) and then he poured a lot of attacks into the Thrall with the Emissary taking him down to 1 WD. At this point I activated Lucius and used Commanding Presence and then What Lackeys are For to "teleport" my 1 WD Thrall with Gathered Intel back to a position of safety. While setting Phiona into position to Smack the Emissary and lay down a couple of scheme markers which (in conjunction with one I already had in play) let me reveal Set Up at the end of the turn. The rest of the turn was him trying to get to a position where he could kill the Thrall or Lure something where he could Ply it in return....needless to say Lures don't work very well on Hannah and I pitched my last 13 to shut down a Despicable Promises that tried to plink off the last wound (his Beckoner was within 4" of Huggy so had to have the suit and while he could have beat/tied my 13 with a 12 or higher he didn't have the trigger). Turn 2 ended with me up 4-0 with the point for Ply and the 3 pts for Set Up. 

Turn 3 he finally reacted with one Illuminated on the intercept course to stop one of my Guild Guard that were headed towards a neutral corner to drop markers for Surround Them. In the middle it turned into a pretty big brawl as we traded Ply's and tried to point in damage to knock off Gathered Intel or kill models with it to give us the advantage. Phiona plied the Emissary and pounded on it. Then Hannah copied Look Out and smacked the Emissary, Plied for Information, and then smacked him again. At one point I had 3 models with Ply to his 2 and then his Beckoner managed a Severe to my Guild Guard with a Despicable Promises knocking off the condition and then killing it anyway with the second DP. This put us back to a tie but on my last two activations a Thrall Yanked the Chain, charged and put a Beckoner down to almost dead then a Issued Command finished it off ending the turn with me at 5-1 (I scored 1 more Ply, he scored an Inescapable Trap).

Turn 4 was where we called it. We played through part of turn 4 but at this point I had only lost 1 x Guild Guard, my 1 WD Thrall and healed back up to 5 WD (Trigger on his MI), and all my opponent had left was two Illuminated and Lynch with Lynch in a precarious position about to get the special treatment from the other Thrall and Phiona with the scheme markers from Transparency letting the Thrall get in an extra MI attack and setting the conditions for Lucius to come in for the coup de grâce if needed. Had we finished the turn I was in position to get another Ply and he would have likely scored one more pt for Inescapable Trap taking us up to 6-2 and at that point I had markers down in two corners he couldn't do anything about (mine and 1 x neutral corner) which would have given me 2 more points for Surround Them pushing it to an 8-2.

Even if we played out turn 5 there was no way I was going to get the scheme marker down in the enemy deployment zone within 6" of the corner to get the 3rd point for Surround Them but I would have likely got another point for Ply. I am not sure what his other scheme was but assuming it was Take One for the Team I was in a position where I didn't need to kill anything else in his crew and he wasn't in a position where he could score more than 1 pt from Surround Them though I am certain he didn't take that scheme since he didn't drop in his own corner.

All in all a good game. Hannah worked out pretty well in the Lucius crew; the 8 card hand is awesome and she just multiplies so many of the good things in the crew giving you the option for 2 x Stone Pillars, another Look Ot, or even just more Aetheric Blasts...... I did miss the extra activation (normally I have 9 x activations in my Lucius crew) and of course the Queller was missed as well. With the RJ I was able to take down Hungering Darkness quickly anyway but usually Enchant Weapon is my key for dealing with models like that. It worked today and worked well but it likely won't be a permanent change to my list though she might continue to make an appearance time-to-time when I think I can get by without the Queller. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 6:36 AM, thewrathchilde said:

today I went back and played another one of the pools from Baratta's tournament prep thread from last week. Played Headhunter w/Eliminate, Covert, Search, Public, and Hold Up. I used: Lucius w/Deep Pockets & Secret Objectives, The Scribe, Phiona Gage w/Lead Lined Coat & Transparency, Witchling Thrall x 2, Thalarian Queller, Lawyer, and Guild Guard x 2. ( I really wanted to drop an upgrade and the Lawyer to pick up an Investigator but was playing where we don't use proxies). 

I played against a Storm Misaki list. I took Public Demo (2 x Thralls & Queller) and Covert Breakthrough. Public Demo is such a freebie with Lucius that it was an automatic choice. I went back and forth over whether to take Eliminate or Search as opposed to Covert.... against a Misaki list if you have the tools Eliminate is usually a good option since you know she is coming. Alternately with Lucius and his ability to allow interacts with Guild Intelligence Search is always a good option as well. I ended up opting for Covert for a couple of reasons- (1) with Secret Objectives I will likely be clearing markers and  undermining my own Search, (2) in Close Deployment its virtually as easy to get Covert as it is to get Search without the prohibition of markers not being within two- with Phiona she can just about drop everything you need in one turn w/Transparency. 

Worked out pretty well. Won the flip for initiative and was able to run down the clock on activations that matter- I had 9 to his 8 and forcing him to go first put me in a  position where on his last activation (Misaki) I still had Phiona and a Thrall left. I had deployed back from the line with most of my crew and used blocking terrain to protect the stuff that was up close. I led with Guild Guard and Phona (in deployment not in activations) protected but he Scribe so presenting the expendable wall of Def 7 models (Patrolling Guild Guard w/ +1 from the Scribe) in soft cover and a Def 8 Phiona (Right at Home & +1 from the Scribe). This kind of deployment in coordination with activation control kind of discourages the usually Misaki alpha strike. Compounded by the early "Arrest" of Izamu by one of my Guild Guard he was at a pretty significant disadvantage early. Before his next to last activation I alpha'd an Enchanted Weapon Thrall in and took an Illuminated down to 1 WD, stripping his hand so Izamu couldn't do more than walk once. Then with Misaki afraid to come in and get the counter attack from the other Thrall and Phiona she didn't do anything significant and my other Thrall took out the Lone Swordsman (had got one good hit earlier with an Issue Command) dropping a head back in a safe position for turn 2 and then Phiona went in an took a Samurai down to 1 WD positioned where she would be Def 7 next turn and also separating his crew and isolating the expendables and Emissary from Izamu and Misaki. 

Turn 2 saw a Thrall finish off the Samurai and Illuminated and the other Thrall pick up a head on an Issued Command and then with the Queller's buff knock Izamu down to where he could be finished by Phiona whose Transparency enabled the Thralls to get in the bonus hits to bring the pain. My crew took some wounds on Phiona, a Thrall, and I lost a Guild Guard as well. But by the end of turn 2 he was down to Misaki, the Emissary, and a Torakage and I had scored 1 from the strat, 3 from Public, and had 2 x scheme markers in place for Covert with heads in place where I could get them on turn 3. 

He ending up conceding at the end of Turn 2. With the Thralls healing back up on their trigger and me already being pretty far ahead on pts the didn't think he could bring it back. Evidently he had taken Covert as well and I had pinned him in well enough that he wasn't going to be able to get through unless the Torakage just double walked and I had models in place that could chase him down. On turn 3 I would have been able to stall the Emissary and focus everything on the Torakage and Misaki and he didn't see a way to turn the tables- since I was able to keep the position where I was pretty much only presenting Misaki high Def models as options I would be able to save my high cards to shut down Thunder or force him to cheat in his severes just to hit limiting his ability to cheat them in for blasts multiple times during her activation. With her only being able to blast once or twice then I could just shrug off the damage on things that didn't matter, stone with Phiona, or heal back with the Thralls. 

All in all it was a fun game- I really dig some Lucius in a game of Headhunter- though I felt a little bad for my opponent. We talked after the game about some different list choices and how he could have played it differently and perhaps made a different game of it. 

I want to try this Strat + Scheme pool again, but with a Dopple and a Beckoner,I think lures will make it better.

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Guild # 4 50ss 
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(4)
   Ashwood Coffin 2ss 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
Scales of Justice 3ss 
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Death Marshal 6ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Killjoy 12ss 
   Numb To The World 1ss 

So this is the story of why you keep paying attention to win conditions.   I lost because I brought out killjoy when I pretty much knew my opponent had set up on him.  

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Crew Name: Guild # 4 50ss 
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(4)
   Ashwood Coffin 2ss 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
Scales of Justice 3ss 
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Death Marshal 6ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Killjoy 12ss 
   Numb To The World 1ss 

So this is the story of why you keep paying attention to win conditions.   I lost because I brought out killjoy when I pretty much knew my opponent had set up on him.  

that is a pretty interesting Lady J list; I had to reread it when I got to the bottom to make sure it wasn't Lucius or McCabe and Dashel. So what's the story behind fielding this?

5 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Like how you snuck the death marshal in between the Guild Guards as though we wouldn't notice it. 😀

It was the effect of me switching in guild guard instead of an investigator.  I had the death Marshall in there so I could bury lj with the dmr and then bury kj.  That fell apart when I didn't get a tome to do it with (and also I built for public executions and it was ply)

We played;

Ply For Information

Surround Them
Hold Up Their Forces
Take One For the Team
Recover Evidence
Public Demo

I took
Lucius
 Surprisingly Loyal
 Deep Pockets
 Condescending
The Scribe
Lawyer
Death Marshal
2x Orderlies
Austringer
Graves
Tannen

My opponent played a wonky Kaeris list with three raptors, a couple Soulstone Miners. That sort of thing.

We both took Recover Evidence. My opponent took Surround while I took Public Demo. Ended up winning 6-4 as Graves and Tannen kept my table corner covered denying points on RE and Surround until Lucius killed them off on 5 to deny a point for Ply. When all was said and done Lucius was my last model standing, and I was back up to 7 stones in cache. Which is about a perfect result as far as he's concerned :)

• Like 2

The Ultimate Team Showdown is in two days, and excitement is high among the players!  Team videos have been released, diss videos have been released, and by Sunday one team will be #1.

That team will not be mine!  LOL  In fact, we are favored to be Wooden Spoon winners.  We'll see about that! 

It's very likely I'll be playing Standard Outs with the following pool:  Guarded Treasure, Search the Ruins, Show of Force, Inescapable Trap, Set Up.

Here's the list I'm thinking of using based on Duncan's list (who will be attending this event!)

Sonnia: Cheruffe's Imprint, Counterspell Aura, No More Masks

Malifaux Child

Francisco: lead lined coat, wade in

Papa Loco: numb to the world

Domedor de Cadavers: lead lined coat

Rotton Belle

Brutal Effigy

Guarded Treasure:  Somewhat doable, if I get Sonnia up to the center of the board turn 1, she can sit there and blow things up for the rest of the game.

Set Up:I could lure a target in late game and drop markers around it.  I wouldn't go for this until turn 4 at least, spend the rest of the time blowing things up.

Inescapable Trap: I never take this scheme.

Show of Force: I HATE always seeing Show of Force in this strategy.  I might risk sitting the domedor or papa near the center if terrain is favorable, but again I need to blow a lot up to justify losing 7 SS to hold a quarter.

Search the Ruins: Doesn't jive well with Ours, but if I clear the board and drop markers last turn, it could work out.

Thoughts? 

12 minutes ago, jchrisobrien said:

I'm usually more of a alpha strike sonnia player myself, trying to fling her forwards early.  That is a rough scheme set, but I feel like search the ruins and set up are the way to go, and you just gotta get those early kills to get that advantage, because you don't have the speed to win ours through trickery.

played a game tonight (at least 3 turns of a game) against my standard Ten Thunders opponent. The pool was: Standard Deployment- Public Executions, Eliminate the Leadership, Dig Their Graves, Search the Ruins, Take One for the Team and Recover Evidence. 

My opponent played: Lynch w/Rising Sun, Woke Up With a Hand, Expert Cheater; Hungering Darkness w/Addict; Shadow Emissary w/Conflux of Hunger.; The Illuminated x 3, Beckoner x 2. 

I played Nellie w/Delegation, Misleading Headlines, Guild Funds (I know); Printing Press, Phiona w/Transparency, Lead Lined Coat; Allison w/ Lead Lined Coat; Executioner w/Ready to Work; Guild Guard x 2; and Hannah. 

I took Guild Funds (although I usually argue against it) and the Executioner instead of Embedded and the Peacekeeper because of the pool. With Search in the pool I wanted to be able to play Nellie far enough forward to gain Evidence from his interacts and with Eliminate in the pool I wanted the trigger on Nellie for more Evidence as I figured he would be gunning for her given the chance.

The Executioner was a tech pick as well because with Search and Dig in the pool there was a good chance that there would be enemy scheme markers available so the Executioner could get a chance to live the dream coming in Fast with a 1 x AP charge from Ready to Work in a position where he could then Trail of Gore for extra AP as well. With an 8 card hand there would also be a decent chance of having an expendable low Crow to hit the trigger to do it again and potentially get an effective 5+ AP out of him in a turn. He didn't get a chance to fully live the dream but did wrack up a few kills in the game anyway- unfortunately one of them was my Printing Press but........

For my scheme choices I took Dig (always a mandatory choice for me with Phiona in my list) and Eliminate the Leader. In a Rising Sun Lynch list (actually in almost any Lynch list) I gun for him anyway to stop Huggy from continuing to come back and put an end to Brilliance shenanigans and Final Debt. He took Take One on the Team on a Beckoner and Eliminate. Ended up with him conceding the game at the bottom of turn 3. At that point I had scored 8 pts (effectively though I really wouldn't have got the 3rd point for Eliminate until the end of the game) including 2 pts for Public Executions, 3 pts for Dig, and 2 (3) for Eliminate. At that point he had scored 0 pts though it is very likely the following turn he would have gotten 2-3 pts for Take One (possibly 2- I try to finish off things with the GG when I can) and he may have been able to get Nellie below half for a point either on turn 4 or 5 but was not going to be able to stop me from scoring 2 more points from Public Execution as much of an advantage as I had at that point.  

Highlights- first turn a Fast Huggy (from the Emissary) also pushed forward with the Emissary's (0) Obey'd the Executioner and made him drop Ready to Work to charge the Printing Press (the only available target) wrecking the little machine (fortunately it had already activated and given Nellie Evidence). Huggy was a little over-extended though so after a push from Lead Nellie was in range to hit Huggy with Propaganda and push him into position for a Fast Phiona to finish him off and score the first point of Dig. 

Huggy would return on turn 3 but was in a bad position where he was going to be an easy target for the Executioner and/or Hannah on turn 4 and in the middle of the scheme markers marking the carnage where Phiona had went in on Lynch on turn 2 to score me the initial point for Eliminate. The highlight on turn 3 was the Executioner blasting Lynch (no DF trigger Squeel for you) for the other two points for Eliminate and scoring the 3rd point for Dig as Phiona had triggered Transparency twice on turn 2 doing the initial damage to him and prepping the markers for the kill shot. 

The only other real point of interest was when I got greedy on turn 2 (and it paid off) and instead of charging the Emissary to finish him off (Executioner and Hannah had reduced him to Hard to Kill....they should have killed him but didn't have the cards to push it through) I instead cast "Look Out" so she could place in, push Hannah and the Executioner out of the way, get the kill shot and still have 2 AP left (she was Fast) to charge Lynch....it was a little bit of a gamble but she was getting (+) flips since it had already activated and I had the Black Joker in hand so it wasn't as much of a risk as it could have been. 

Allison was kind of fun in this game but didn't really offer that much to me or the game. She did give another option for Hannah to copy and was another possible source of quick/free drop scheme markers from Phiona's Transparency on the first 2 turns but there was only one real turn where her slowing enemy models made much of a difference. I have had some really good success with her in some lists and I like the idea of her with Nellie, Phiona, and Hannah but I really missed having either the murder machine known as the Peacekeeper in my list or having the Queller in my list to hand out EW to let me plow through Huggy and the Illuminated easier and be the finisher against the Emissary after the initial barrage of attacks from the Executioner.........I think she (Allison) makes for a cute choice that can do some tricks but I don't think she it the most effective choice for a lot of matches. She can get more mileage for you in the right pool where another source of pushes and slow might be more important than just killing in some cases (Ours, Guard, Guarded, etc) but in the pool we played tonight she was more of a novelty/I want to play this list choice rather than a "right model for the job".

9 hours ago, jchrisobrien said:

It's very likely I'll be playing Standard Outs with the following pool:  Guarded Treasure, Search the Ruins, Show of Force, Inescapable Trap, Set Up.

Here's the list I'm thinking of using based on Duncan's list (who will be attending this event!)

Sonnia: Cheruffe's Imprint, Counterspell Aura, No More Masks/ Malifaux Child/ Francisco: lead lined coat, wade in/ Papa Loco: numb to the world/ Domedor de Cadavers: lead lined coat/ Rotton Belle/ Brutal Effigy

Guarded Treasure:  Somewhat doable, if I get Sonnia up to the center of the board turn 1, she can sit there and blow things up for the rest of the game.

Set Up:I could lure a target in late game and drop markers around it.  I wouldn't go for this until turn 4 at least, spend the rest of the time blowing things up.

Inescapable Trap: I never take this scheme.

Show of Force: I HATE always seeing Show of Force in this strategy.  I might risk sitting the domedor or papa near the center if terrain is favorable, but again I need to blow a lot up to justify losing 7 SS to hold a quarter.

Search the Ruins: Doesn't jive well with Ours, but if I clear the board and drop markers last turn, it could work out.

Thoughts? 

just some general thoughts vs. detailed discussion of the list. I like Sonnia in Ours for burning them out of other quarters but that strategy is very dependent on the terrain and what the opponent is playing. It also depends on the scheme pool for me as well. There are some scheme pools that can work well for this approach there are others that are a little more difficult. 

I might consider Nellie for this type of pool instead. With Assignments, People she can hand out Fast to allow you to chase/kills models out of quarters and the activation control to know where there models are going to be committed before you make your last moves each turn. She also gives you AP economy and lets you drop scheme markers without AP cost as a side affect of handing out Fast to enable you to get markers for either Guarded Treasure, Search, or the other marker schemes without dedicating AP to dropping markers in the traditional ways. Using Propaganda instead of Assignments also gives you the option for just slow/pushing them into the center or other non-scoring positions as well giving you more options for scoring the strategy and schemes of your choice. With this many marker schemes in the pool  would definitely have an Executioner in my list and my standard Guild Guard as well....I might even be tempted to go with more of a Lucius style build with her and have a/some Thralls in the list instead of some of the other choices as well because of all the marker schemes to enable me to more easily get the additional AP out of them  as well though they do limit your ability to score Guarded if you go that route. 

I agree with you on some of the Scheme commentary (Inescapable and Show) but if you considered the Nellie option instead of Sonnia most of those can be scored pretty easily- Nellie almost scores (and sometimes does) score set up by herself.......she also scores Guarded Treasure pretty well to  and between her and Nellie you can even get your markers down for Search by using Assignments (Nellie) or attacking (Phiona) targets that are near the circle where your marker drops can be withins coring range without you having to go/stay inside.  

Standard, symbols of authority, 4/7/8/11

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 4 Pool
 - Deep Pockets (2)
 - Condescending (1)
The Scribe (2)
Captain Dashel (8)
 - Arrest Him (0)
Witchling Thrall (9)
Guild Pathfinder (6)
Guild Investigator (6)
Guild Rifleman (5)
Guild Rifleman (5)
Guild Guard (3)
Guild Guard (3)

Win 10-7 against Reva

Standard, symbols of authority 1/5/8/13

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 4 Pool
 - Deep Pockets (2)
 - Surprisingly Loyal (1)
The Scribe (2)
Captain Dashel (8)
 - Arrest Him (0)
Witchling Thrall (9)
Guild Pathfinder (6)
Terracotta Warrior (6)
Guild Rifleman (5)
Guild Rifleman (5)
Guild Guard (3)
Guild Guard (3)

Win 6-3 against Lynch TT, and kill everyone.

Lucius is awesome. Very strong master. 
  • Like 1

I played another vassal game tonight;
Symbols of Authority

Punish the Weak
Recover Evidence
Hold Up Their Forces
Covert Breakthrough
Take One For the Team

I took that same Lucius crew from above;
Lucius - 7ss
Surprisingly Loyal
Deep Pockets
Condescending
The Scribe
Lawyer
Death Marshal
2x Orderlies
Austringer
Graves
Tannen

My opponent took;
Lady J - 5ss
Swordfighter
Another one
Franc
Wade In
Hermanos
Jury
Numb
2x Recruiters
Investigator
Brutal Effigy
Scales of Justice

I took Take One For the Team on the Death Marshal on the theory that he was definitely taking Punish (spoilers, he was) and Recover Evidence because, Lucius. He took Punish and Undercover Breakthrough.

The game was fantastic. Turn one he rolled up and I jockeyed for position. Top of two I popped Recover Evidence and threw Lucius in to score the first point on it and tie up his crew for a minute. I had a solid hand to back up the play - eight cards and nothing lower than a 9. Plus a full cache. He activated Lady J and discarded an 11 and a 12 for Justice at the End of the Blade to gain positives to all flips against Lucius for the rest of the turn. The rest of his hand was three 13s and the Red Joker. Now, thanks to some lucky prevention flips it did take both J and Frank to kill Lucius and I was able to sneak in and grab a second evidence marker with the Marshal.

Other highlights included the Scales chasing around my lawyer turns 5-6 to try and stop it interacting. Both times I discarded a card to put it on negatives to disengage, and both times I black jokered my Df flip, and still managed to disengage. Graves showing both Frank and Lady J the door, repeatedly, in order to deny him Punish points. My Orderlies ganging up to beat a Recruiter into the ground.

The game ended on turn 6. We tied 7-7. I scored 2 for Take One For the Team, full points for Recover Evidence, and two on the strat. He scored three for the strat, three for Undercover Breakthrough, and just the one point on Punish.

• Like 2

My most recent lists have been

Lucius - Deep pockets/surprisingly loyal
Scribe
Thrall
Tannen
Graves
beckoner
doppel
queller
performer

Played against a Marcus crew in public executions - schemes wise I took set up and recover evidence. I drew in the Sabretooth turn one with the beckoner/doppel using their lures then using Lucius' don't mind me aura and the performer to drop the markers ready to score in t2. Tannen stayed around for his cooler aura. After scoring set up I killed the cat and a few other models to declare recover turn 4 (a little later than usual but I had activation control and my opponent had five models left). I picked 3 of the 5 markers up in that turn. I think it was a big win of 9-2 or 3 to me.

Also tried

Lucius - deep pockets/surprisingly loyal
Scribe
Jury
Dade
Doppel
Investigator
Austringer
Reporter

In ply for info and the schemes I took were surround them and dig graves - again facing Marcus, my opponent scored Vendetta t3 on Dade with Cassandra while I had steadily been scoring dig, ply we mostly tied on bar one turn each and I had used the reporter/austringer to bluff/show surround them with Lucius t5 Issuing command to push the reporter out of Cassandra's engagement and drop the last marker. My opponent took undercover entourage on Marcus but I managed to nudge him below half wounds to score a tight 7-6 win.

Enjoying Lucius a bit at the minute

• Like 3

Ran a couple games in the same Scheme set against the same opponent tonight.   Standard deploy, public executions, eliminate the leadership, recover evidence, search the ruins, undercover Entourage, and take one for the team.  My opponent was running Shen long, emissary, yu, charm warder, crime boss, a healing monk, a peasant, and a yokai. 

My first list was Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: sonnia normal build 50ss 
Leader: Sonnia - Cache:(3)
   Cherufes Parting Gift 1ss 
   Cherufe's Imprint 1ss 
   No More Masks 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Dr. Grimwell 9ss 
Papa Loco 7ss 
Guild Investigator 6ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Thalarian Queller 6ss 

We called it at the top of three, I had killed off the peasants, the charm warder, and sensei yu and put significant damage onto Shen and the emissary while pinning him into his deployment zone.  I was pretty much set to get all my scheme points (undercover ENT on grimwell and search the ruins)and as many strat points as he poked his head out to let me get.

The second game I ran

Crew Name: scathing review Nell 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Alternate Facts 2ss 
   Delegation 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Executioner 9ss 
   Ready To Work 0ss 
Peacekeeper 11ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 

We called it at the bottom of two as I had killed the charm warder, the emissary, and the crime boss.  He had the executioner at 1 wound, but I had managed to push him back to hopefully heal him next turn.  I had elim on Shen, which I'm not sure I would have gotten but with Frank and the emissary next to him it seemed like a good chance next turn.  I also took search the ruins again, which I think i would have been ok for.

57 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Crew Name: scathing review Nell 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Alternate Facts 2ss 
   Delegation 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Executioner 9ss 
   Ready To Work 0ss 
Peacekeeper 11ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 

that's a pretty small list. I guess the models you do have a putting out some pretty good damage though which makes up for it. By my count you are 2SS short; just added to the cache?

Why Alternative Facts? Just for the (0) card draw? I could see getting some extra Evidence from Search potentially but that's only one possible scheme choice and I don't know that someone is going to take Search when you have  PK, Executioner, and Nellie in your list.

15 minutes ago, thewrathchilde said:

that's a pretty small list. I guess the models you do have a putting out some pretty good damage though which makes up for it. By my count you are 2SS short; just added to the cache?

Why Alternative Facts? Just for the (0) card draw? I could see getting some extra Evidence from Search potentially but that's only one possible scheme choice and I don't know that someone is going to take Search when you have  PK, Executioner, and Nellie in your list.

It's only alternative facts because I was thinking about trying to use scathing review on everything.  While I didn't do that, the extra cards were pretty nice to have, even if it were only a few.  

I hated not having a marker push though. Not a fan of that.  Turn 2 with Nellie I couldn't get up there to heal the executioner.

13 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

It's only alternative facts because I was thinking about trying to use scathing review on everything.  While I didn't do that, the extra cards were pretty nice to have, even if it were only a few.  

I hated not having a marker push though. Not a fan of that.  Turn 2 with Nellie I couldn't get up there to heal the executioner.

I have debated it before- looking at Scathing Review w/Guild Funds but I just couldn't find the time where I could afford to cast SR instead of Delegation or Propaganda.....I have considered Editor in Chief though....I know you pay the tax for the other half of the Upgrade but if you have a crew or schemes that will let you get the jump early on VP then you get the heal every turn on every model when they activate with no range restriction. One of these days I am going to try with with as many HtK models as I can fit into a crew.