been a while since I've asked, what was your last list you played

4thstringer

Let's see what people are playing in Guild land.  If you remember, give your opponent master and result

My last list was Nellie with thalerian stone, alternative facts and guild funds, press, 2 watchers, two investigators, gluttony, and executioner with ready to work. 

I was playing against a molly list.  We called it at the end of four, my opponent had capped out at 6 to my seven.

It’s mostly been Treacherous Ties around here, but had a regular game with a new player who didn’t want alternate format just yet. He favors high activation count crews so I grabbed Hoffman and Ryle, and since he was new took Pneumatic Upgrades to disallow my usual alpha strike and try out a few things, namely Sh7 loop and copying Reference the Field Guide. The reporter did nothing of note, but paying back her stones in suits saved wasn’t bad. Sh7 Ryle finally (after ten months!!!) got through a game without flipping the black joker, and obliterated an entire flank on the Debt turn (a daydream, an alp, Coppelius, and possibly another daydream). In turn he, having taken shooty Dreamer, made me respect it with a few min4 shots. We had to call it mid-game but had both accomplished A Quick Murder and one Extraction point.

Darnit, I was supposed to give him the Dreamer upgrades this week, now that I think about it. Melee Dreamer, earlier in the season, face-tanked a Howard Langston red joker and laughed. It took off one wound from his base card. One!

Mine was

50 SS Guild Crew
Lady Justice + 6 Pool
 - Implacable (1)
 - Swordfighter (1)
 - Badge Of Office (2)
Scales of Justice (3)
The Jury (8)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
Master Queeg (7)
 - Promises (1)
Monster Hunter (6)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Field Reporter (4)

Vs Shenlong in Corner Headhunter, taking Search the Ruins and Hunting Party.  I won 6-4.

Badge saved me from a Red Joker Izamu hit.  Justice got in the way and tanked a lot of mldels with Df7 auto-riposte and Implacable. 

My last game was actually Lucius going rogue with neverborn against Perdita. I had two waldgeists, two illuminated, pukesnake, a silurid, a beckoner and a changeling. He had Perdy, totem, Franc, Nino, Phiona, Granny and two reporters.

I had both the new upgrades on Lucius but forgot the abilities except for hand size for most of the game. I think I did the cycling thing once and I barely used soulstones for anything but cards and initative. He didn't have Perdita's new upgrades. It was headhunter and my waldgeists locking everything down while Lucius made me able to interact engaged as well as granting plus flips allowed me to barely win the center scrum against Francisco and Phiona. I denied him any heads because I picked my own up. Had he sent in Perdita on a charge I would have been boned but I believe we had kill the master so he tried to keep her safe and shoot into the engagement.

It ended 8-2 or 8-3 in my favour.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Let's see what people are playing in Guild land.  If you remember, give your opponent master and result

My last list was Nellie with thalerian stone, alternative facts and guild funds, press, 2 watchers, two investigators, gluttony, and executioner with ready to work. 

I was playing against a molly list.  We called it at the end of four, my opponent had capped out at 6 to my seven.

Why the horrendous upgrades for Nellie? 

13 minutes ago, Hidelfon said:

Why the horrendous upgrades for Nellie? 

Haha, you must be new here. :D Because 4thstringer is why. She always tries to make insanely complicated combos and make interesting interactions with stuff that is considered bad. There's actually a thread below this one explaining why that upgrade was chosen. The thread is called "thalerian stone".

17 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Haha, you must be new here. :D Because 4thstringer is why. She always tries to make insanely complicated combos and make interesting interactions with stuff that is considered bad. There's actually a thread below this one explaining why that upgrade was chosen. The thread is called "thalerian stone".

Ohhh I have noticed now that thread. 

I am more of a lurker. I have basically play only Nellie since her release (except a few Perdita games) and I wanted to know if I have missed some trick. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hidelfon said:

I am more of a lurker. I have basically play only Nellie since her release (except a few Perdita games) and I wanted to know if I have missed some trick. 

Just messing with you, you can't be expected to know that. :) I'm glad you've decided to be more active.

27 minutes ago, Hidelfon said:

Definitely join the conversation!  Check out the thalerian stone thread for that tech.  I really enjoyed it.  I probably got several free pushes out of it every turn.   It's quite unpleasant to deal with

• Like 1

Just finished a game against yan lo too.  I take wiped by turn 3 using mainly a 9 point soulburst.  I posted this list in the mcm thread,  but enjoyed it enough to do it again. 

Mcmourning, test subjects,  on the clock,  guild coroner

Chihuahua

Seb

Frank with debt and wade in

Kudra with debt

Nurse

Sanctioned spellcaster

Amina.

Honestly amina and kudra could have been other henchmen given the way the game went.  But I suspect in other games they would have been helpful. 

The last list I played was a weird one. I had:

McCabe
-Loot Bag
-Cloak
-Promises

Luna

Brutal Emissary
-Badge of Speed

Santiago
-Hair Trigger

Wastrel

Wastrel

Watcher

Guild Hound

Guild Hound

Guild Hound

Guild Hound

This was a while back, so I don't remember the game that well. I was playing an interference game against Sandeep. I ended up winning 8-2, giving my opponent 2 points for frame for murder.

The game was a weird one like I said. Santiago and Wastrels killed stuff and Brutal Emissary buried Arcane Emissary and Kudra, and threw them in the middle of nowhere, where I had put scheme markers for that specific purpose. I think we called the game at the end of turn 4, as my opponent practically had no chance of winning anymore.

1 hour ago, Myyrä said:

The last list I played was a weird one. I had:

McCabe
-Loot Bag
-Cloak
-Promises

Luna

Brutal Emissary
-Badge of Speed

Santiago
-Hair Trigger

Wastrel

Wastrel

Watcher

Guild Hound

Guild Hound

Guild Hound

Guild Hound

This was a while back, so I don't remember the game that well. I was playing an interference game against Sandeep. I ended up winning 8-2, giving my opponent 2 points for frame for murder.

The game was a weird one like I said. Santiago and Wastrels killed stuff and Brutal Emissary buried Arcane Emissary and Kudra, and threw them in the middle of nowhere, where I had put scheme markers for that specific purpose. I think we called the game at the end of turn 4, as my opponent practically had no chance of winning anymore.

Since I've never used the loot bag,  I'm nit familiar with what he does for the wastrels.  What do they bring? 

After quite the break from (at least playing) malifaux, my last game was with LadyJ. First game with her in over a year and of course with the w5 upgrades too. 

My list was:

Lady justice w/ Swordfighter, Ashwood Coffin, Last Stand

Francisco w/ Wade in & Hermanos

Judge w/ Debt

Brutal effigy

Reporter

Watcher

Witchling stalker

Austringer

Scales 

Kind of wanted to try the new upgrades in action and FFM pool so I went for the coffin too. Played against Sandeep in HH, after a close game (felt like I threw the game a bit but my opponent surely capitalized on my mistakes, let's blame rusty, early morning and top notch opponent!) I lost 8-5 or something. 

My list wasn't really optimized since we had to play with painted figs and my recruiters and jury is on my painting table :D

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

@4thstringer

Loot bag allows him to swap upgrades after the game has begun so you can decide what you will need after seing the enemy crew. Pretty sure you don't need to pay any extra for the swap either so a 2ss upgrade can be taken qhen discarding the 1ss loot bag.

Exactly this. One should always be playing Loot Bag.

• Like 2

Nellie. (Guild Funds, Delegation, Misleading Headlines)

Press

Dashel (Arrest them)

Queeg (Promises)

Alison Dade

Pathfinder

Phiona (Transparency)

Brutal Effigy

Took this list against Sonnia and it did pretty well. Dashel's annoying summoning is so nice sometimes. Especially with "unexpected" Alison in the back) And Queeg is pretty scary with a free focus even from the backlines. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

I'm looking forward to Hoff, Peacekeeper and mostly cheap activations in the rest of the list to milk out-activation and try a proper alpha.

Haven't bern able to decide on a paint scheme for Hoffman or the arcanist though. :(

WAtchers,  mobile toolkit, metal gaiman, and spiders?  Or some 6ss riot breakers?  Or will you move away from constructs? 

Watchers if the terrain favours them like  "badly" placed houses to scheme from the roof uninterrupted. Otherwise I'll probably take a couple of spiders since having an attack of your own and a way to lower defense is great. Definitely a couple of reporters, both to cyborg reference the field guide so Hoffman can have all the suits he wants and because disguised and removing scheme markers is filthy on a 4ss model. That should land me around 40ss, the rest should depend on the scenario. Getting the toolkit and some other cheap stuff to stand a decent chance of matching activations would be nice but I really haven't worked out the exact soulstone costs. Basically be very careful with most of the list and deliver Hoff + two nimble flurries deep into the board turn one. Pray that armour +2 that can't be reduced is enough since they will likely habe at least one or two unactivated beaters left by the time Hoffman start poking my constructs forward. If they kill one of the big boys I'm actuqlly conaidering using a fast Hoffman to slam into things, if he can field guide to always ignore armour or get some buff from the toolkit he should hit hard.

50 SS Guild Crew
Lady Justice + 4 Pool
 - Swordfighter (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
Phiona Gage (8)
 - Transparency (1)
The Jury (8)
Master Queeg (7)
 - Promises (1)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Played vs void spam Tara. Won 10-4 in headhunter. 

• Like 2

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 4 Pool
- Delegation (1)
- Embedded (1)
- Misleading Headlines (1)
The Printing Press (3)
McTavish (10)
Phiona Gage (8)
- Transparency (1)
Sue (8)
Burt Jebsen (7)
Field Reporter (4)
Field Reporter (4)

It was Guard the stash againt Titania. I thought Sue and and Nellies "hot of the press" would deal with the markers. Mac Tarvish and Burt would shoot, Phiona would take out models and earn point with Dig the graves, and the reporters would run around and earning points from leave their mark.

Phina and the reporters where killed early, and Nellie failed dealing out 5 of 6 "fast". An easy win for Titania :( 

@Ludvig Yes. Yes, he does. I was playing Ramos into Treacherous Teddies (50ss. Any faction. One Teddy. No exceptions.) since someone else had dibs on Hoffman. Nerd rage happened. Lots of it. Even O.S.A. copied my large arachnid to steal my scrap for positive flips before disassembling Ramos and a swarm and leaping to a far steam arachnid to finish that off as well.

Do mind that the bubble still exists, though. My Teddy (with positive flips from Ramos) bear-hugged his guardian off to a far corner where it was useless for awhile.

• Like 1

McMourning

-On the Clock

-Test Subjects

Sebastian

Jury

-Numb to the World

-Debt to the Guild

Austinger

Nurse

Rogue Nerco

Scorpius

Rotten Chiuahua

Played against Sandeep with the Emissary, a librarian, some Ox. Mages, Student of viscera, and Kandara in extraction

paralyzed sandeep 3 out of 5 turns with the nurse won 10-5