been a while since I've asked, what was your last list you played

4thstringer

3 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

How did it do? I'd be afraid of all that ranged stuff in headhunter.

It did okay.  I got cagey and went for schemes, sticking to my own zone and pursuing Eliminate the Leadership and Take Prisoner (on his Widow Weaver).  He pretty swiftly outclassed me on Headhunter but I was able to make up the difference by offing Collodi very early with a sustained rifle barrage.  Once he closed to melee he slaughtered my crew and maxed Headhunter but I still tied us off by waddling Dashel up to engage Widow Weaver in the final activation.

• Like 3

I played some headhunter, flank tonight.  Schemes were dig, eliminate, hold up, recover evidence, and vendetta.

I wanted to do some mercs Nellie, so I did Nellie, embedded misleading and delegation, with a strongarm suit (debt), a convict gunslinger (debt), printing press, 2 blood wretches and 2 investigators.

@Arlihad misaki, yasenori, emissary, sun Quan, effigy, a TT bro, and shang.  I think there were upgrades on everyone, I know misaki had risk reward, thunder and misdirection.

This is all from memory, so it's uncertain.

Turn one was all position jockeying, as was most of 2.  I shot the TT bro for 2 damage then charged him with the strongarm to do another 3.  He smartly kept stuff back so I couldn't really get to much, despite activation control. He also littered his side with scheme markers for dig.

He won init on turn three.  He charged the strongarm with misaki, hitting 3 out of 4 attacks, blasting with a severe cheated in on each including a rj, putting the strongarm at 1 wound and killing blood wretch and a convict gunslinger.  I healed the strongarm suit and was going to teleport it to safety, but bjed one of the delegations.  He did something with the emissary (I think bjing an attempt to finish off the strongarm suit).  I hit misaki once with debt, then purposefully missed to push out of engagement with run from the truth.   He triple walked yaz into engagement with the strongarm and the other blood wretch, which had walked up to pick up this bretherns head.  I walked an investigator over the head of the convict gunslinger.   The other investigator walked up and nailed a "you there" on yaz, despite a neg flip.   He declared a point for hold up, I got one for headhunter

I announce recover evidence. Turn 4 I won init.  I activated the strongarm , I think he should have been fast the turn before.  He charged misaki, hitting a severe and a min, leaving misaki on one(she had healed some the turn before).  Misaki activated back killing the strongarm (scoring dig) and blasting the bloodwretch and the investigator guarding the gunslingers head.  He then walked into the investigator, getting it to one wound before missing the last attack.  The investigator looks at misaki on 2 wounds with no stones, holds his pistol to her head and shoots her, killing her and getting my eliminate. It also let's me push the ttbro into hazardous terrain, so he can't get my investigator unless he gets his place.  He doesn't, but moves back into engagement.   The bloodwretch misses yasenori, denying me card draw, and is killed by yaz in turn.  Nellie steals that head, moves towards the middle and grabs a recover marker.  Sun Quan moves up where misaki was and takes one of the heads that was there.  I think yaz got investigatored again.

Turn 5 he wins  init, and kills the investigator, who in response to his own corpse pushes the TT bro into hazardous again to kill him to.  Nellie then gets a second evidence marker and a head, and pushes the emissary back and slows him and pushes into hazardous.  His effigy grabs a head marker(I think the strongarm suit).  He kills off the other investigator and the printing press, and gathers around Nellie. Sun Quan moves around to get the head of the other investigator. We flip an 11 and have another turn

Turn 6  Nellie grabs a last head and runs away.  My opponent throws everything into Nellie, but she has a bunch of stones, an evidence, and 4 severes in hand.  

In the end, misaki had killed so much it became very difficult for my opponent to do his schemes.  Because most of the action happened in my areas, I was able to get more heads too, so I got 9-4 as a final score.

Nellie's ability to push herself and to push enemies was really good, and the investigators were real MVPs for their points.  I doubt I kill misaki without them.

• Like 1

Haven’t played much Malifaux in our game group as interested has declined considerably, but a friend ask me to play  so I used my last list for Head hunter and tried it out in ours. Vs Viktorias.

Guarded Treasure / Set Up / Undercover Entourage / Recover Evidence /Public demonstration

Lucius (Deep pockets + Surprisingly Loyal)

The Scribe

Doppleganger

Beckoner

Witching thrall X2

Guardian

Thalarian Queller

He played the Vicks box with the effigy and Ashes and dust.

I decided to go for recover evidence(I always get 3pts with Lucius) and Public Demonstration(Guardian and Thralls) as I thought that the Viks would come on in and could score 3 pts before they died. He deployed everything in one flank except Ashes and dust that went on the opposite flank. There was a big building in the middle that covered a lot of space so there was no clear charge lanes, so I deploy opposite his main with everything except a thrall a guardian and the Queller(enough pts to contest a quarter to ashes and dust) he moved his Ronin to far forward and this was a mistake as I lured both of them and blasted them with the thrall and Lucius killing them turn 1. I think this really threw him of his plan as he just pulled everything back and played really defensively and just threaten to charge, it kind of worked as I did move much forwarde and just contested where i could. Game was just movement  after that, as we spend our AP contending ours. He scored 3 pts for ours as ashes and dust just moved to take the one where I wasn’t, he got another 3 pts for Guarded Treasure because his effigy was in the building in the middle dropping markers that I couldn’t contest as did ashes and dust as there was a lot of terrain there which was hard to engage him.   He has set up with Lucius which he almost scored on turn 4 when I picked the recover evidence markers but the Beckoner pulled him out of range deny it for the rest of the game. I scored 3 pts for recover and 2 for public as the Victoria’s never attacked and where moving and hiding the game giving him ours points and only got to engage with the thralls the last turn, guardian was just too slow to engage anything. So final score was 9 / 6 to me.

The Queller and the Guardian where dead weight this game, investigator might have been good(Don’t have him) as . I think I would have picked Undercover instead of public demonstration as Lucius was never attacked, the problem I think it would have given him the Pts for set up.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Baratta said:

Haven’t played much Malifaux in our game group as interested has declined considerably, but a friend ask me to play  so I used my last list for Head hunter and tried it out in ours. Vs Viktorias.

Guarded Treasure / Set Up / Undercover Entourage / Recover Evidence /Public demonstration

Lucius (Deep pockets + Surprisingly Loyal)

The Scribe

Doppleganger

Beckoner

Witching thrall X2

Guardian

Thalarian Queller

He played the Vicks box with the effigy and Ashes and dust.

I decided to go for recover evidence(I always get 3pts with Lucius) and Public Demonstration(Guardian and Thralls) as I thought that the Viks would come on in and could score 3 pts before they died. He deployed everything in one flank except Ashes and dust that went on the opposite flank. There was a big building in the middle that covered a lot of space so there was no clear charge lanes, so I deploy opposite his main with everything except a thrall a guardian and the Queller(enough pts to contest a quarter to ashes and dust) he moved his Ronin to far forward and this was a mistake as I lured both of them and blasted them with the thrall and Lucius killing them turn 1. I think this really threw him of his plan as he just pulled everything back and played really defensively and just threaten to charge, it kind of worked as I did move much forwarde and just contested where i could. Game was just movement  after that, as we spend our AP contending ours. He scored 3 pts for ours as ashes and dust just moved to take the one where I wasn’t, he got another 3 pts for Guarded Treasure because his effigy was in the building in the middle dropping markers that I couldn’t contest as did ashes and dust as there was a lot of terrain there which was hard to engage him.   He has set up with Lucius which he almost scored on turn 4 when I picked the recover evidence markers but the Beckoner pulled him out of range deny it for the rest of the game. I scored 3 pts for recover and 2 for public as the Victoria’s never attacked and where moving and hiding the game giving him ours points and only got to engage with the thralls the last turn, guardian was just too slow to engage anything. So final score was 9 / 6 to me.

The Queller and the Guardian where dead weight this game, investigator might have been good(Don’t have him) as . I think I would have picked Undercover instead of public demonstration as Lucius was never attacked, the problem I think it would have given him the Pts for set up.

One use for the queller against viks is setting up "no whirlwind" zones.  That makes viks sad if you can pull it off.

I've never seen someone play the viks and win without being super aggressive with them.  I'm so confused by a game where they never attack.

I played a rather strange game last night.

I tried a list I had been wanting to run for some time. It was:

- Lady Justice, Swordfighter
- Captain Dashel, Arrest him
- 2x Witchling handlers
- 3x Guild Riflemen
- 4x Guild Guards

The idea of the list was mostly to try something different, but there were some thoughts behind it. The riflemen provides fire support under Dashels leadership and makes your opponent want to come to you. The Guild guard act like meat shields, run schemes, and drag enemies down by weight and numbers. Witchling handlers help to push riflemen into position or out of close combat and can under ideal circumstances put up ther "Burn them all!" aura to make the damage output even higher. And when enemies make it into my lines Lady J, Dashel and the Witchling handlers can hopefully deal with them. It is also a list where Lady J's "Inspiring Swordplay" can actually become useful. 

I met an Outcast list consisting of The Crossroads Seven, with Wrath and Gluttony swapped out for Jack Daw and Lady Ligeia (so we are really talking two tier 1 tournament lists here ;)).

The Scheme pool was:

Deployment: Standard
Str: Ours
Sch: Guarded treasure
Sch: Hold up their forces
Sch: Search the ruins
Sch: Take prisoner
Sch: Public demonstration

I took Search the ruins and Hold up their forces. The last one was a bit of a mistake. I figured I could send in Lady J or perhaps even a lone guardsman after he had activted all his models, but it turned out it wasn't that easy. My opponent took Hold up their forces and Take prisoner. 

The riflemen performed excellent, killing band member after band member. It was a while since I played a gunline list so I had forgotten how insane their damage output can be. Jack Daw and Lady Ligeia entered my lines quite quickly and neutralised most other elements of the list, but i pulled the riflemen out of combat with handlers so they could continue with their execution. Pretty soon Daw and Ligeia was all that was left for my opponent and after Lady J managed to get rid of JD's curses and cut down Ligeia with a lucky hit it was pretty much over. Jack Daw finally went down to a swarm of Guild guard swords. My opponent scored 2 points for "Hold up their forces" but I maxed out "Ours" and "Search the ruins". As mentioned, me taking "Hold up their forces" was a mistake as the band members died too quickly and it bacame impossible to isolate Jack Daw and Ligeia so that I could engage them with just one model. 

It was an interesting list. It might not be super competative, but I did work better then I first thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mortarion said:

I played a rather strange game last night.

I tried a list I had been wanting to run for some time. It was:

- Lady Justice, Swordfighter
- Captain Dashel, Arrest him
- 2x Witchling handlers
- 3x Guild Riflemen
- 4x Guild Guards

The idea of the list was mostly to try something different, but there were some thoughts behind it. The riflemen provides fire support under Dashels leadership and makes your opponent want to come to you. The Guild guard act like meat shields, run schemes, and drag enemies down by weight and numbers. Witchling handlers help to push riflemen into position or out of close combat and can under ideal circumstances put up ther "Burn them all!" aura to make the damage output even higher. And when enemies make it into my lines Lady J, Dashel and the Witchling handlers can hopefully deal with them. It is also a list where Lady J's "Inspiring Swordplay" can actually become useful. 

I met an Outcast list consisting of The Crossroads Seven, with Wrath and Gluttony swapped out for Jack Daw and Lady Ligeia (so we are really talking two tier 1 tournament lists here ;)).

The Scheme pool was:

Deployment: Standard
Str: Ours
Sch: Guarded treasure
Sch: Hold up their forces
Sch: Search the ruins
Sch: Take prisoner
Sch: Public demonstration

I took Search the ruins and Hold up their forces. The last one was a bit of a mistake. I figured I could send in Lady J or perhaps even a lone guardsman after he had activted all his models, but it turned out it wasn't that easy. My opponent took Hold up their forces and Take prisoner. 

The riflemen performed excellent, killing band member after band member. It was a while since I played a gunline list so I had forgotten how insane their damage output can be. Jack Daw and Lady Ligeia entered my lines quite quickly and neutralised most other elements of the list, but i pulled the riflemen out of combat with handlers so they could continue with their execution. Pretty soon Daw and Ligeia was all that was left for my opponent and after Lady J managed to get rid of JD's curses and cut down Ligeia with a lucky hit it was pretty much over. Jack Daw finally went down to a swarm of Guild guard swords. My opponent scored 2 points for "Hold up their forces" but I maxed out "Ours" and "Search the ruins". As mentioned, me taking "Hold up their forces" was a mistake as the band members died too quickly and it bacame impossible to isolate Jack Daw and Ligeia so that I could engage them with just one model. 

It was an interesting list. It might not be super competative, but I did work better then I first thought.

I think there are some scheme set in gg2018 where you can wait for your opponents to come to you.  This makes riflemen a lot better than they used to be, where almost every scheme set required you to get across the table or lose.  I don't know if they have crossed over into "good" (whatever that means), but they certainly have more play than they used to.  I've had plenty of opponents shocked by their damage output.

I was surprised to see two handlers.  Do you think you would take two again, or would you replace one?  A queller or investigator might be an interesting trade in.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

I think there are some scheme set in gg2018 where you can wait for your opponents to come to you.  This makes riflemen a lot better than they used to be, where almost every scheme set required you to get across the table or lose.  I don't know if they have crossed over into "good" (whatever that means), but they certainly have more play than they used to.  I've had plenty of opponents shocked by their damage output.

I was surprised to see two handlers.  Do you think you would take two again, or would you replace one?  A queller or investigator might be an interesting trade in.

It is hard to fully evaluate the handlers after this game, since they got shut down pretty hard by Jack Daw and Lady Ligeia and did almost no damage. Their ability to move the riflemen were awesome, though. I think you need something like that to avoid the riflemen getting tied up in combat. Even Lady J can't kill everything instantly. But swapping one (or even both) for an investigator would propably be a good idea. They can also push the riflemen around and has lots of other tricks. It does however remove some close combat ability. But I might try that out as soon as I get some Investigators.

Phrases you never expected to hear in Malifaux:

”Went down to a swarm of Guild guard swords”. 🤣

Our local Sonnia runs double handlers and makes guided missiles out of his stalkers. They also block lanes such that enemies hit the speed bump and burst into flame just within 10” of Sonnia.

10 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Our local Sonnia runs double handlers and makes guided missiles out of his stalkers. They also block lanes such that enemies hit the speed bump and burst into flame just within 10” of Sonnia.

Against Jack Daw, with a free focus from Dashel and Inspired from Lady J, Guild Guard are actually OK in close combat... 

And in a Witch hunter crew double handlers can certainly make for interesting lists.

4 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Gg get no respect.  I watched a horde of gg beat Parker to death, stones be damned, once.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, played the first USFT Tournament yesterday at the Dragons Lair Houston. It was 3 rounds, 12 players, great people and a great TO. 

I wound up placing 2nd overall (huge surprise!) and here is the breakdown.

Round 1

Standard, Ours, Guard Treasure, Set Up, Inescapable Trap, Take one for team, Recover Evidence. 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Nellie 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
  Delegation 1ss 
  Misleading Headlines 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
  Transparency 1ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
  A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Executioner 9ss 
  Ready To Work 0ss 
Guild Investigator 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 

---I played against a Parker Outcast crew. I took Take One (Monster Hunter) and Set Up (Emissary). His crew was very unknown to me and I didn't want to slow the game up so I tried my best to read what I could of his models and just focus on not effing up my triggers and abilities. Game was good, I failed to re-read Hans (STUPID 36") knocked off G.Investigator and a M.Hunter fairly quick with his 2x focus shots (some trickery with Parker/Emissary). We made it to the end of Round 3, was excited for the win and his last activation was Parker, double walk, drop 4 cards and kills all markers around Emmisary....GHAR!!!!!!! Good game though! Learned a lot about a Master I haven't played.

4-4 Tie

Round 2

Flank, Public Execution, Eliminate the Leadership, Hold Up Their Forces, Undercover Entourage, Show of Force, Search the Ruins

Crew Name: Dita 50ss 
Leader: Perdita Ortega - Cache:(2)
  Fastest Draw in Malifaux 1ss 
  Trick Shooting 2ss 
  Vengeance Bullet 1ss 
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
  Wade In 1ss 
  Hermanos De Armas 1ss 
Nino Ortega 7ss 
Papa Loco 7ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Guild Investigator 6ss 

---Played against a Viks crew (hannah, mid. stalker, Emissary). I took Eliminate the Leadership and Undercover Entourage. This board was baron. Not a lot of cover and his crew huddled around a ht 1 terrain piece in middle. With Perdita's "ping pong" from family to family, I was able to get eyes on Viks and score Eliminate round 1. It was a real shooting gallery. I forget how powerful Perdita can be. I made 1 mistake I will NEVER make again "I think we know where this is going, wanna call it out from here?"...... I forgot he had yet to announce his 2nd scheme. I had the AP to pull up his search the ruins markers and just wasn't thinking. Messed with my dif but still got the win.

8-6 WIN!

Round 3

Corner, Guard the Stash, Guarded Treasure, Covert Breakthrough, Dig Graves, Take Prisoner, Vendetta
Crew Name: Nellie 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
  Delegation 1ss 
  Misleading Headlines 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
  Transparency 1ss 
Master Queeg 7ss 
  Promises 1ss 
Guild Investigator 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Guild Pathfinder 6ss 
Clockwork Trap 2ss 
Clockwork Trap 2ss 

---Played against Titania crew (Nekima, 2x changeling, envy, miss deed). I took Dig Their Graves and Vendetta. This was a tough one. The neg. induced while attacking his models made me put so much AP into killing I only got 1 Dig point. I wound up adjusting my play to holding up models and pushing away from strat markers. Took vendetta on monster hunter and Envy. Very close game, took a lot of strategic marker placement (investigator) for pushes, used the m.hunters Ca action (push back Cg) to prevent VP from opponant.

5-4 WIN!!

Placed 2nd!

• Like 3

Attended the same event here, though at the lower tables mostly.

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 5 Pool
 - Misleading Headlines (1)
 - Delegation (1)
The Printing Press (3)
Phiona Gage (8)
 - Transparency (1)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Guild Investigator (6)
Guild Investigator (6)
Performer (6)
Guild Guard (3)
Guild Guard (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Round 1: against the round 3 Titania list mentioned above. Cagey advancing on both sides and both flanks (if there is one thing I have learned in this game it is Nekima’s threat range, and he was waiting for me to blunder into the Envy gun nest as usual) gave me time to seed scheme markers on both flanks, and some extraordinary flips from Phiona then gave me enough for Set Up twice over. I wish I had played better to deny Inescapable Trap at least once, but 10-5 is about 3 points better than I expected.

Round 2: My beloved stompybots (twin guardian variant) just don’t hit hard enough in Houston, and that’s that. Scored one Eliminate and denied one Public Executions for 7-1 against the cagiest Viktorias (pokéball variant, not the same Viks player as above—may be the Parker player) you will ever see. But it was good to see an opposing Marlena gallop around the table for construct-on-construct violence.

Round 3: Nellie again against a newer Zipp player who fortunately has experience facing Nellie. Corner deployment, but two pushy crews. He wasn’t as aggressive with gremlin lure as I feared, and I used Nellie’s places extensively. Nellie haranguing a skeeter so much it veered into a wall, took extra damage, and set half the stash marker guards on fire was a bit of a moment, and the loss of mobility for him spoiled his Covert Breakthrough later (and also lost me Dig for that turn; note I didn’t pick Nellie-claims-condition-kills this day). Nellie harangued a performer (shoved upfield all game by an overzealous investigator with a passion for collecting toe tags) in the back of her head for my second Covert Breakthrough marker and 6-4.

Nellie is still too complex for easy play, but she made tournament play easier in one respect: ‘I can’t decide what to do, here’s a low card, I pass’ was sometimes the breather I needed to not make a (worse) mistake, and it is quick and does not eat time.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, 4thstringer said:

Gg get no respect.

They do not. Zipp activation, game three round three, as it happened...

Two Guild guards on patrol, 4” apart, as they have been all night. Ominous whooshing noise, male guard looks around, he’s alone. Clouds roll in, with a faint thud or two and rattle of chains. He looks again. If that’s his partner over there in the sudden cloud bank, she’s gotten scruffy to the point of beardiness. He shrugs. Then the whoosh returns—he finds himself hauled skyward, and discovers, as did his patrol buddy, that lead lined coats tend to have a..._severe_ effect on terminal velocity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Played an impromptu game today. 

Standard - Public Exec - Eliminate Leadership, Show of Force, Search the Ruins, Recover Evidence, Public Demo

My Crew:

Trick Shooting 2ss 
   Aura Ancestral 1ss 
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
Nino Ortega 7ss 
   Hair Trigger 1ss 
Abuela Ortega 7ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Guild Investigator 6ss

Opponents:

Declared Faction: Arcanists 
Crew Name: GoinDeep 50ss 
Leader: Sandeep Desai - Cache:(2)
   To Command Another Plane 1ss 
   Seize the Day 1ss 
   Unaligned Sage 1ss 
Amina Naidu 9ss 
   Warding Runes 1ss 
Joss 10ss 
   Warding Runes 1ss 
Oxfordian Mage 6ss 
   Blood Ward 0ss 
   Temporary Shielding 0ss 
Oxfordian Mage 6ss 
   Doom Ward 0ss 
   Temporary Shielding 0ss 
Oxfordian Mage 6ss 
   Nemesis Ward 0ss 
   Temporary Shielding 0ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 

Round 1 : A lot of positioning, being in standard deployment, i wanted to focus on my pushing angles with Perdita and ensure I was outside of the 10" range of the mages. Get some stalked conditions started. Murdered a summoned banasuva and a did some damage to a Mage with Perdita. 

Round 2 : Really focused on doing damage and focusing on mitigating the Aura's and Synergy the mages and academics produce. Utilized Abuelas push, and investigators push to get her up the board and red joker good damage through to joss knocking him down and blasting a gamin off the table. Eliminated another mage and my opponent condeded. 

I wound up taking Show of Force and Search the Ruins. I was on route to a 10-0 so we called it. 

I forget how great Perdita can be when using her range to stay out of trouble.  The pushes were great (Free Movement) and Nino is a fun sniper to play with (+ to attack, built in crit). I was affraid of the mages so I was always cautious of their range. The boards terrain assisted me well for shooting as his ball of aura's were stuck in a semi-enclosed terrain piece. 

ALL IN ALL - 10-0 WIN! 😃

• Like 3

Yesterday I ran the Nellie Slow Squad against another Guild player.  Strategy was Ours, and I took Undercover Entourage and Guarded Treasure.  Close deployment, on a city board with lots of blocking terrain.

Nellie (Guild Funds, Delegation, Alternative Facts)

Allison Dade (Transparency, Debt to the Guild)

Phiona (Wrath of the Guild, Lead Lined Coat)

Jury (Debt to the Guild, Lead Lined Coat)

Printing Press

Guild Investigator

Guild Guard x 2

My opponent ran Lady Justice.  Alternative Facts ended up being useless, as my opponent didn't make a single interact action all game.  Lady J cut down Jury and Phiona, but it took four rounds,and most of his crew spent the game slowed.  Won 9 - 7. 

• Like 2

Had 2 games at last week end, could not remember all details so summary only.

Game 1:
Nellie
-Delegation
-Misleading Headlines
-Editor In Chief
The Printing Press
Francisco Ortega
-Wade In
Phiona Gage
-Transparency
Peacekeeper
-Numb to the World
Field Reporter
Field Reporter

Against Lilith in Supply Wagons
I have picked Search the Ruins and Take One For the Team (Frans)

In Turn 2 opponent used Trangle Shadows to throw his Nekima into Peacekeeper and Phiona in exchange with Franc. His always do this so I pick Franc as Sucker. Lilith killed Franc and thus gave me 2VP and in exchange of my Peacekeeper killed his Nekima and gave out 1VP.
In the next turn he again used Trangle Shadows to switch positions of Phiona and his Mysterious Emissary since Phiona was right in front of his Wagons to stop it passing center line.
In the last turn he changed Lilith into Nellie and killed her with only 1 attack. In the end of the game all my crew other than the Peacekeeper were killed. Peacekeeper was in nearly full wound and was too backward to reach any enemy model so he did not bother to kill it. Finally I won the game in 8-5.

Game 2:
Lady Justice
-Swordfighter
-Vendetta
Scales of Justice
The Judge
-A Debt to the Guild
-Lead Lined Coat
Master Gueeg
-A Debt to the Guild (should be LLC but misoperation...)
-Promises
Death Marshal Recruiter
Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter
Brutal Effigy

Against Reva in Public Execution
I have picked Eliminate the Leadership and Show of Force

This game was a tough game. The Judeg walked up and tried to kill the summoned Corpse Candle but fliped a Black Joker. The Candle walked up and killed itself and followed by the Reva's attack. The first attack hit and fliped a Red Joker in damage flip that brought the Judge to Hard to Kill and finished him with second attack. Master Queeg pushed Lady Justice forward and she then charge into the middle of opponent's crew.
Turn 2 Lady Justice activated first to kill a Kentauroi. Reva then charged Lady and managed to deal 11 damages to her and scored Eliminate the Leadership. I then ran the Recruiter to Lady and saved her life 2 times. And after my opponent realized that he could never kill Lady Justice while the Recruiter alive, he then charged Izamu into Recruiter but unable to finish him.
Turn 3 opponent got the init and he finished Recruiter with Izamu. This gave me a chance to put Effigy buff in the Lady chain  activated into her. The Lady jumped into Reva. With the Onslaught trigger I killed Reva with 4 attack and scored 3VP with Eliminate the Leader ship. Opponent's Carrion Emissary tried to attack Lady but missed and I flipped the Red Joker in Riposte's damage flip which just killed it. We called the game at this point.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a bit of a mood since agreeing to loan out my

entire stompybot line-up to a better player determined to make it work.

List one: shooty boo 

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 7 Pool
 - Deep Pockets (2)
 - Condescending (1)
 - Dampening Field (1)
The Scribe (2)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Master Queeg (7)
 - Promises (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Death Marshal Recruiter (7)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Hunter (7)
Hunter (7)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Into Arcanists at standard Symbols, met Sandeep. The Red Joker One-Shot lineup of shame filled up on my side, but the shooty crew not throwing everyone into the meatgrinder was able to limp along and eke out both Punish the Weak and two points of Take One for the Team for a respectable 7-10.

List two: pushy

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 6 Pool
 - Deep Pockets (2)
 - Condescending (1)
 - Dampening Field (1)
The Scribe (2)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Captain Dashel (8)
 - Arrest Him (0)
Master Queeg (7)
 - Promises (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Guild Investigator (6)
Guild Investigator (6)
Guild Guard (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Into Guild at flank Ours, met my loaned-out Hoffman list with Ryle and twin guardians. He didn’t have the activations and I knew it. It was not a good feeling to watch my beloved crew not even try to stop my Guarded Treasure from scoring (we both knew our Undercover Entourages were a sealed deal once I deployed Lucius far from the Hoffball). Won 8-7, probably would have 10-pointed it had we not run out the clock, and hated it.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I was in a bit of a mood since agreeing to loan out my

entire stompybot line-up to a better player determined to make it work.

List one: shooty boo 

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 7 Pool
 - Deep Pockets (2)
 - Condescending (1)
 - Dampening Field (1)
The Scribe (2)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Master Queeg (7)
 - Promises (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Death Marshal Recruiter (7)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Hunter (7)
Hunter (7)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Into Arcanists at standard Symbols, met Sandeep. The Red Joker One-Shot lineup of shame filled up on my side, but the shooty crew not throwing everyone into the meatgrinder was able to limp along and eke out both Punish the Weak and two points of Take One for the Team for a respectable 7-10.

List two: pushy

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 6 Pool
 - Deep Pockets (2)
 - Condescending (1)
 - Dampening Field (1)
The Scribe (2)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Captain Dashel (8)
 - Arrest Him (0)
Master Queeg (7)
 - Promises (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Guild Investigator (6)
Guild Investigator (6)
Guild Guard (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Into Guild at flank Ours, met my loaned-out Hoffman list with Ryle and twin guardians. He didn’t have the activations and I knew it. It was not a good feeling to watch my beloved crew not even try to stop my Guarded Treasure from scoring (we both knew our Undercover Entourages were a sealed deal once I deployed Lucius far from the Hoffball). Won 8-7, probably would have 10-pointed it had we not run out the clock, and hated it.

So was the upsetting part that you were seeing your most beloved master not getting his due?

43 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

So was the upsetting part that you were seeing your most beloved master not getting his due?

Quantity (of AP) still beats quality to such an extent that it closed the substantial skill gap between the players, at least in a pool with interaction—Lucius isn’t that far above Hoffman in the tiers. Yes, I’m mad this means my preferred master is at a disadvantage, but I’m more generally irked that the tricky non-killing games that I love are encouraging the ‘who needs intelligence when you have AP to burn’ playstyle that I hate.

5 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Quantity (of AP) still beats quality to such an extent that it closed the substantial skill gap between the players, at least in a pool with interaction—Lucius isn’t that far above Hoffman in the tiers. Yes, I’m mad this means my preferred master is at a disadvantage, but I’m more generally irked that the tricky non-killing games that I love are encouraging the ‘who needs intelligence when you have AP to burn’ playstyle that I hate.

You sure you aren't selling yourself short?

Played two matches this weekend. One was a standard burn everything Sonnia list that I borrowed from this forum.

The other was self composed.

What I knew in front of the game was:
Opponent: Neverborn.
Strategy: Symbols of Authority
Schemes: Covert breakthrough, Set up, Recover evidence, Vendetta.

I planned for: Covert breakthrough and set up.

Lucius: Suprising loyalty, Deep Pockets
Scribe
Phiona Cage: transpiracy, depth to the guild.
Doppelganger: depth to the guild
Witchling Thrall
Investigator
Investigator
Austringer

My plan was to rush the other side. Cage and the thrall would be a danger that the opponent would have to deal with, and the other would sneak around removing symbols and placing scheme markers.

My opponent used something like this: Zoraida and had McTavish, a blue spirit that I belive Zoraida placed the voodoo doll through, Iggy, Alligator and two Waldgeist? (Walking threes that could produce woods)  

I placed the Investigators and austringer on the left flank and the rest in the center of the board. The left flank didn´t do anything to the strategies and schemes. The voodoo killed an investigator early, and McTavish and the alligator took down the other investigator and austringer over the next rounds. (But they drew some attention)

The center force was much more successful. Cage was moved into the opponent force placing scheme markers as she attached his crew. Unfortunate it made it easy for the opponent to score 3 points on set up, as Cage was the target. :( She went down at the end but she did the job as expected. The thrall did very well when it came to scaring the other crew, and did some valuable scheming the last turn. The doppelganger was my MVP. Took down two symbols, and placed many point giving scheme markers. Lucius him self was very good when it comes to helping the thrall and doppelganger placing schemes in places filled with enemies. 

My opponent had picked the same schemes as me  and scored 3 points on symbols, 3 on setup and 3 on breakthrough.

I managed to score 3 on symbols, 3 on setup (Zoraida) and 2 on break through (I guess you have to score and remove markers on "setup" (end of turn) before scoring "break through" (end of game)) 

So I lost 8-9 but it was a great game. I could improve on my "flank" game, as I made it to easy for my opponent.

• Like 2

Standard Deploy

Symbols

Punish the Weak, Setup, Inescapable Trap, Take Prisoner, Vendetta

I took Punish and Vendetta (Monster Hunter to Shield Bearer), Opponent choose the same schemes as I.

My List.....

Trick Shooting 2ss
   Aura Ancestral 1ss
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss
Francisco Ortega 8ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
   Numb To The World 1ss
Nino Ortega 7ss
Abuela Ortega 7ss
Monster Hunter 6ss
Monster Hunter 6ss
Guild Investigator 6ss

Opponents List...
Declared Faction: Resurrectionists
Crew Name: Rez 50ss
Leader: Seamus - Cache:(3)
   Red Chapel Killer 1ss
   Sinister Reputation 1ss
   Do You Know Who I Am? 1ss
Copycat Killer 3ss
Madame Sybelle 8ss
   Not Too Banged Up 1ss
The Forgotten Marshal 7ss
Rotten Belle 5ss
Rotten Belle 5ss
Shieldbearer 6ss
Shieldbearer 6ss
Guild Autopsy 4ss

This was my first game against Seamus so I had some "learning" to do during the game. I le thim deploy first and he had Seamus on 1 side, his totem, bellse and sybelle in the middle, and his shieldbearers and autopsy near opposite side. I put Dita, Frank, MH(non vend) and nephlim in middle, and abuela, investigator and MH (vend) near edge of field (drew LOS for stalk). Nino was positioned 8" ahead of my Abuela/Invest/MH.

Round 1 - My main focus was to get in position for vendetta with my right flank group (Abuela/Invest/MH) and then position Dita to put some damage on some models. My flank MH stalked, dropped marker to push abuela 3" and walked to Ht1 terrain, Abuela makes investigator family and double walks to cover. Investigator eats marker, walks to Abuela, 0ap push Abuela and drops scheme marker to push Inv another 3". My stalked vendetta mark double walked to other side of this dense severe terrain allowing my MH to walk, shoot and declare Vendetta.    Frank buffed Dita and walked, nephlim moved Dita to Frank in cover, Dita took 3 shots on Sybelle. 

Round 2 - Abuela/MH/Nino are popping shots back and forth with 2 shieldbearers, Guild Autopsy and a Belle. Was able to finally score full Vendetta points off of Abuela making MH take final Sh attack against stalked/vendetta shieldbearer. Seamus did his 16" place to a terrain piece near center field in cover from Dita and got a shot off on a MH. Investigator ate a marker to draw a card, walked towards seamus, dropped marker to push him out of cover and closer to dita. Dita charged and brought him down to 2wds. 

Round 3 - Dita finished off Seamus, walked and shot/killed the copycat killer for punish the weak. Frank put some more damage on Sybelle and the right Flank MH/Inv/Abuela trading shots with the Shieldbearer/Autopsy and Marshal.

Round 4 - At this point, its 4 to 5 (both vendettas popped and a punish the weak 1-2) and we seem to not care about the symbols up to this point. Out the gate, my investigator gets lured to midfield near Frank, Frank finishes off Sybelle to drop corpse which pushes investigator 3", frank drops a scheme to push him another 3" towards a symbol. The investigator gets shot at twice by a shield bearer hitting for 4 total. Investigator activates, eats marker for card (love this ability), walks to symbol and pops it for first symbol point. Inv dies next activation from the forgotten marshall activating.

Round 5 - I have Dita, Frank and Nino left. He has a belle, shieldbearer and the forgotten marshall left I think. Frank charges last belle and kills her to score 2nd punish point. I have no more minions on board so he gets full scheme. We trade some wounds not giving us any more VP. 

Me                         Opponent 

2  Symbols of Authority 1

2    Punish the Weak     3

3         Vendetta           3

End Score 7-7

I learned a lot for this game. I played an experienced player using a new master to me and didn't get tabled, so that is progress. I feel I should have focused more on getting my punish points and maneuvering my models to get to the symbols. Leaving that on the table for 2 rounds cost me a win. I was too focused on eliminating models off the board that I forgot that I needed to kill the minions with my Hench/Master and they were tied up with Seamus and Sybelle. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Played my first game with Sonnia today. My opponent was playing Raspy.

Standard deployment

Strategy Ours

Schemes covert breakthrough, recover evidence, show of force, Vendetta, in the paired guarded treasure. We both took covert and Vendetta

My crew

Crew Name: Sonnia theme 50ss 
Leader: Sonnia - Cache:(3)
   Counterspell Aura 1ss 
   Cherufe's Imprint 1ss 
   Cherufes Parting Gift 1ss 
Dr. Grimwell 9ss 
   Research Grant 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Samael Hopkins 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   Disrupt Magic 2ss 
Witchling Thrall 9ss 
Witchling Thrall 9ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 

His crew

Declared Faction: Arcanists 
Crew Name: Raspy 50ss 
Leader: Rasputina - Cache:(3)
   Shattered Heart 3ss 
   Enveloped In Ice 2ss 
   Decembers Pawn 2ss 
Wendigo 3ss 
Snow Storm 11ss 
   Warding Runes 1ss 
Blessed of December 9ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
December Acolyte 7ss 
Silent One 6ss 
Ice Gamin 4ss 

Turn one I started by double walking one of my thrall to engage his December's acolyte to prevent him from having ice mirror range on most of my crew. He stabbed my throw in response and pushed away with the trigger leaving my thrall slow I triple walked Grimwell to engage the ice December's actually again he leaped with his Blessing of December charging Greenwell and declaring Vendetta but with his armor and a stone only got I wound. Sonia double walked input some flame walls in front of The Silent One blocking an alleyway snowstorm had to spend its whole activation walking around the flame walls to give rasputina range on Sonia and Effigy standing next to her. Not know that Sonnia would be easier to hit than the effigy he put his first attack into the effigy after he failed his first attack I saw her aura and told him about it. He decided to attack a thrall instead

Turn 2 he wins refliping for a 13. Starts with raspy but with good luck and impossible to wound my thrall withstood the attack. I next went with Sonia finding out that snow storm had the same counterspell aura I decided to blast the Wendigo next to it to get the blast to give him burning. Last two shots when into snow storm leaving her with 3 wounds. I chain activate into Sam who rapid fires hitting all three times killing her in scoring me three points for Vendetta. If I realized snow storm had bulletproof 3 I would have picked a different Target even though it worked out well. The blessed of December attacks Grimwell bringing him to Five Wounds. Grimwell gives the December acolyte a lobotomy half killing it. The Silent One  ice mirrors  through the ice Gamin dropping a ice pillar in front of my thrall. My other thrall spends it's slow ap walking away from the center to count for Ours and get to attack next turn. The acolyte attacks the thrall giving him slow again. My Brutal effigy get into position and companions to the thrall to charge The Silent One only half killing it because of it defensive trigger.

Turn 3 I kill something almost every activation first my thrall takes out the silent one and drops a scheme marker. The blessed of December can't kill Grimwell who kills it in return. The other thrall kills the acolyte. At that point a  Ice gamin and raspy are all he has left, where I haven't lost anything and summoned a totem.  He calls it there.

I very happy with how this crew performed. I really love the parting gift upgrade.  I've only played him a few times but sam always works well for me. A pair of thralls seems to make it into most of my guild games now and I never regret it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m feeling puckish and there’s a good chance I face a Leveticus of the construct variant soon. Solution: power looped, ideally also fast steam arachnid swarms! Added the riotbreaker for sauce and novelty, and the emissary for the usual jank. I might not have OSA and feel quite naked without it.