been a while since I've asked, what was your last list you played

4thstringer

5 hours ago, Myyrä said:

There's at least two ways of going at it. Both of them involve Hoffman buffing up something rather big and nasty like Joss, Howard or Peacekeeper. If Hoff has mobile toolkit, he can them :+fate:s, extra armor, Fast, extra :rams, nimble or some other nasty stuff (not everything though).

Then he can either Machine Puppet the big nasty forward or do some Emissary bury shenanigans to get the big nasty more or less anywhere on the board. He doesn't really have to worry about opponent activating before the big nasty gets to activate, because most crews can't really pose a threat to an armor +4 Peacekeeper, and even if they can, Hoff has ways to adjust the plan accordingly.

Thank you, but I wanted to know what that particular Hoffman list looked like, more out of curiosity than anything else :)

5 hours ago, Myyrä said:

Either that or shooting at SS users.

This. Even when I changed target for better damage flips and blasted into the soul stone users instead, they still prevented everything.

10 hours ago, Tris said:

What does this Hoffman alpha strike look like? :)

This variant was emissary-bury with peacekeeper (Other Hoffman has a prejudice against Arcanist Assets and likes the peacekeeper for dragging the victim closer). A hydraulic modified, puppeted fast emissary can deposit its friend 24” away if it chooses—that’s the opposing deployment zone. If the friend is power looped, it then attacks with positive flips.

As it turned out, the rest of my crew then set the (previously made fast) peacekeeper on fire, so Samael’s gun did enough damage to overcome its armor. It was still a bad trade.

• Like 2

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: lucius survival 50ss 
Leader: Lucius - Cache:(4)
   Secret Assets 2ss 
   Deep Pockets 2ss 
   Condescending 1ss 
The Scribe 2ss 
Riotbreaker 6ss 
Riotbreaker 6ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Guild Investigator 6ss 
Thalarian Queller 6ss 
Guardian 7ss 

Played against Yan Lo in ply(schemes in the other thread).

Got an 8-1 victory.   Monster hunter RJed the illuminated first turn for vendetta.   3pts

My opponent got a ca 9 shadow emissary going,  which killed off a large chunk of my crew, including all my armor.  But I was able to use lucius to keep things close for ply and get my the hold up their forces points.   My investigator cheated because I can't read and gave YL the just act casual condition. 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(4)
   Swordfighter     1ss 
   Badge of office 2ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
    Wade In             1ss
     Hermanos de Armas 1ss 
Brutal Emissary 10ss 

Conflux of Judgement    
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss 
Death Marshal 6ss 
Death Marshal 6ss

Field Reporter  4ss

Brutal Effigy     4ss

Scheme pool: Claim Jump, Accusation, Leave Your Mark, Recover Evidence, Tail'em. Strategy: Collect the Bounty. Selected ones: CJ, LYM - same as oppenent.

Played vs Arcanists: Mei Feng, Joss (Fast upgrade), Wind Gamin, Gunsmith, Miner, Effigy, 2x Rail Workers). Turn 3 LJ has killed Gunsmith (here have to use Badge to protect against GSm shooting) , Mei was trying to kill Emissary, but I've got very lucky - he died due to the Burning. At Turn 7 (I havemaster & marshal left only)  LJ killed Joss, bringing 9:8 victory. And have to admit, Arcanints were quite unlucky with BJ flips at a few important moment.

• Like 1

Lucius: Surprisingly Loyal, Deep Pockets, [barely used] Condescending

Master Queeg: Promises

Mr. Tannen: Dampening Field

Mr. Graves: Debt to the Guild

Doppelganger: Debt to the Guild

investigator

hounds x2

scribe

I faced a damned odd Seamus poison list, testing out double transfusion and summoned performers. He used transfusions to keep changing the threat vectors. Once I spent half a turn defending a poison-8 model of mine (Queeg whipped three performers to death with ease and, dare I say it, mild enjoyment), he’d shift it somewhere else and threaten a new target. Meanwhile Seamus did his thing, flipping natural red jokers for damage twice. The second time, Lucius shunted the damage onto Mr. Tannen for Frame for Murder. :lol:I couldn’t keep quite enough damage on Seamus to deny any points for undercover entourage and lost 6-5. Also the investigator has shot to the top of another opponent’s kill list.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

investigator

hounds x2

scribe

I faced a damned odd Seamus poison list, testing out double transfusion and summoned performers. He used transfusions to keep changing the threat vectors. Once I spent half a turn defending a poison-8 model of mine (Queeg whipped three performers to death with ease and, dare I say it, mild enjoyment), he’d shift it somewhere else and threaten a new target. Meanwhile Seamus did his thing, flipping natural red jokers for damage twice. The second time, Lucius shunted the damage onto Mr. Tannen for Frame for Murder. :lol:I couldn’t keep quite enough damage on Seamus to deny any points for undercover entourage and lost 6-5. Also the investigator has shot to the top of another opponent’s kill list.

Love it.  What is it about the investigator that your opponent was bothered by?  My opponents don't seem that bothered by mine now that I am not cheating with it.

23 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

investigator

hounds x2

scribe

It bothers me that only two of three neverborn model are going along because they are indebted to the Guild. What's Tannen doing there? Was he lured by Queek's promises?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myyrä said:

It bothers me that only two of three neverborn model are going along because they are indebted to the Guild. What's Tannen doing there? Was he lured by Queek's promises?

I like to imagine that when Tannen is in my crew he is fighting off just a little dementia, and more just wandered into the wrong place at the wrong time.  That is why during your games he doesn't do much, but his presence can still be pretty disruptive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Tannen never misses a chance to chat with a nice young lady (mostly boring a performer and nurse to tears, though he once held back Rafkin from having the charge range to wipe out my investigator). He was supposed to hinder cheating by sitting between the stashes, but the nearby enemies never even tried to cheat until he died. :huh:

His chatty and Lucius’ Condescending were protection into a scheme marker heavy pool...which schemes weren’t selected. *shrug* Gotta admit I was blindsided by Seamus showing up.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Love it.  What is it about the investigator that your opponent was bothered by?  My opponents don't seem that bothered by mine now that I am not cheating with it.

While this one wasn’t as annoyed by my crew advancing on a tide of scheme markers turn one, he took exception to my removing his future belles and performers merely to draw cards, and got most annoyed when I told a flurry model to just act casual.

• Like 1

I played Ryle, a Peacekeeper, Warden, Guardian and the Brutal Effigy today in a henchman led 30ss threeway of extraction. It was really fun although it might not have been a power build. I scrapped pretty hard with a resser to gain entry to the front of the saloon where the informant was hanging out. I did the customary Red Joker on a 4 neg to kill Toshiro with Ryle and score eliminate. :D

We ended up flipping for seven turns which allowed the reporters led by Dade and watched over by Dashel to search the ruins on the last turn and score 10VP against my 9 and the ressers 6. Those buggers snuck in through the back door and tried taking the informant away. The guardsmen must have been pretty drunk though, it was a saloon where they found the informant, not ruins so not sure how that scheme worked out.

53 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I played Ryle, a Peacekeeper, Warden, Guardian and the Brutal Effigy today in a henchman led 30ss threeway of extraction. It was really fun although it might not have been a power build. I scrapped pretty hard with a resser to gain entry to the front of the saloon where the informant was hanging out. I did the customary Red Joker on a 4 neg to kill Toshiro with Ryle and score eliminate. :D

We ended up flipping for seven turns which allowed the reporters led by Dade and watched over by Dashel to search the ruins on the last turn and score 10VP against my 9 and the ressers 6. Those buggers snuck in through the back door and tried taking the informant away. The guardsmen must have been pretty drunk though, it was a saloon where they found the informant, not ruins so not sure how that scheme worked out.

That sneaky Dade.  You gotta watch out for her.

• Like 1

I took the filthiest possible Hoffman/emissary/Ryle/etc. list into Hamelin. Everything died. Everything. By my count, I killed six models and winged one more on a single activation. And once the bullets ceased to fly, Hoffman hopped over to Catelin and toasted her with the torch, with emissary positive flips. While it was welcome relief from the stress of moving, I don’t feel great at all about unleashing that on a friend. Not running that list again. Not on friendly play nights.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I took the filthiest possible Hoffman/emissary/Ryle/etc. list into Hamelin. Everything died. Everything. By my count, I killed six models and winged one more on a single activation. And once the bullets ceased to fly, Hoffman hopped over to Catelin and toasted her with the torch, with emissary positive flips. While it was welcome relief from the stress of moving, I don’t feel great at all about unleashing that on a friend. Not running that list again. Not on friendly play nights.

Uhh tell me more :huh:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

What do you mean by "etc" :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

1) Hamelin deserves the filthies stuff ever

2) apparently he did something wrong :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

List please?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trikk said:

1) Hamelin deserves the filthiest stuff ever

2) apparently he did something wrong :P

1) He doesn’t own the Outcasts all-stars (the nightmare crew is his first foray) so no, he, the player, didn’t deserve it.

Might be worth noting that he is usually a summoner Resser and learned to run the rat engine with reasonable efficiency in his first Hamelin game. In terms of time spent I didn’t mind at all. No crows in his opening hand, though.

2) In retrospect, that board could have benefited from not as much severe terrain, and much more blocking terrain and (for the emissary gunning at least) soft cover. Hamelin’s anti charge bubble doesn’t much affect a nimble stompybot, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Atoli said:

What do you mean by "etc" :D

The Malifaux child for that fifth master AP, luckily I had a 9 in hand (which somewhat compensated for Hoffman drawing a BJ to attach nimble to the emissary—I’m lucky that was AP 3 of his 4), our local friend and savior the guardian who didn’t do much but simply engage at 3” range, brutal effigy for sturdiness for its points...and a bloodwretch for card draw.

26 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

1) He doesn’t own the Outcasts all-stars (the nightmare crew is his first foray) so no, he, the player, didn’t deserve it.

Might be worth noting that he is usually a summoner Resser and learned to run the rat engine with reasonable efficiency in his first Hamelin game. In terms of time spent I didn’t mind at all. No crows in his opening hand, though.

2) In retrospect, that board could have benefited from not as much severe terrain, and much more blocking terrain and (for the emissary gunning at least) soft cover. Hamelin’s anti charge bubble doesn’t much affect a nimble stompybot, unfortunately.

The Malifaux child for that fifth master AP, luckily I had a 9 in hand (which somewhat compensated for Hoffman drawing a BJ to attach nimble to the emissary—I’m lucky that was AP 3 of his 4), our local friend and savior the guardian who didn’t do much but simply engage at 3” range, brutal effigy for sturdiness for its points...and a bloodwretch for card draw.

Bloodwretch? didn't see that coming :)