Insectophile

wobbly_goggy

Tbh I have to say that this is purely inefficient since a skeeter can do it. For example my list has evolved to including the following atm.

Somer 

family tree

do over

2x skeeter (1 depending on what else i need to fit)

3x bayou gremlin 

1 lighting bug 

1 taxidermist

dirty cheater

with that on turn one you summon 4x models. So for 29 ss of my list I end up with 12 activations.

stone/ do over for crow card and mask -> Somer does it like this -> summons 3x -> lightning bug attacks somer (heals) -> lighting bug attacks bayou (heals somer aim for the moderate+ using bayou two card and such) -> (if the lighting bug didn't get moderate+) one bayou attacks low health bayou and leaves it at one health (tons of control off bayou two card & cheating or relenting depending on your hand) -> skeeter focus punches bayou at 1 wound and kills it with a crow trigger (easy to do with ml 6 vs def 4 almost always getting you a straight flip or better on damage) -> (if some how it fails / black jokers do it with the other skeeter) -> draw 2, make skeeter, & drop a corpse marker -> taxidermin the corpse for a stuffed piglet.

So after turn one you have 

Somer 

family tree 

3x skeeters 

5x bayou gremlins 

1x lightning bug 

1x stuffed piglet 

1x taxidermist

dirty cheater

12 models puts them at an average cost of 2.41ss a model & in that there are 3 strong models (somer, taxidermist & lightning bug) as well as 8 other efficient for their cost models.  

The list I've been taking is 

Somer 

family tree

do over

skeeter

3x bayou gremlin 

lighting bug 

taxidermist

dirty cheater

francois 

burt 

dirty cheater

Flex 8ss

trixibelle

skeeter 

slop hauler 

encouragement 

iron skeeter 

can o' beans

stilts (francois)

Last thing @Sergrum I would agree that somer making the skeeter is a waste but doing it with a skeeter makes it more efficient and as long as you are not planning on committing to an attack turn 1 it goes off most of the time (kind of why with this list I'm shying away from the iron skeeter). If you stone/ do over correctly you should be able to get it off 85-90% (don't want to do the exact math) of the time and 5-10% of the time you get the usual 3x bayou. There is always the 5% chance you don't get a mask so that's the other 5%.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:57 PM, Sergrum said:

Devil's advocate-

Comparing to just summoning 3 Bayous.

Well it's not just a pure maths exercise. The important thing is always to think about how to win points and deny points. And if Skeeters can deny points AND you have gremlins winning points (remember, my example use was specifically Interference) then that's easier with 10"(even with one move!) skeeters than with two gremlins or however many. 
I'm just trying to encourage people to think outside the box, look at the use in everything, not just go with 'what everyone uses all the time which has been decided is the most useful.' If nothing else, the element of surprise can be very beneficial.

Df7, +to disengaging and Ml6? IMO that's going to be better at holding up enemies and annoying them than a gremlin (though I admit Bayou Two Card is just freakin' aweesome and annoying for your opponent!)

• Like 1