Negated condition and Upgrades restictions

Tiaburn Stedd

Question

Arcane emissary puts Negated condition on my model. f.e. Lucius. 

Negated: This model loses all non-Station Characteristics.

Lucius has purchased a Useless Duplication upgrade at the start of the game. Upgrade has restriction Mimic, Rare 1.

Does Lucius have to discard upgrade since he loses his Mimic Characteristic because of this Condition?
I think the answer is "No" because nothing says it should be discarded or removed.
Does Upgrade stop working at all because it is invalid due to this Condition?
I think the answer is "Yes" because restriction is violated

2 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Tiaburn Stedd said:

Arcane emissary puts Negated condition on my model. f.e. Lucius. 

Lucius has purchased a Useless Duplication upgrade at the start of the game. Upgrade has restriction Mimic, Rare 1.

Does Lucius have to discard upgrade since he loses his Mimic Characteristic because of this Condition?
I think the answer is "No" because nothing says it should be discarded or removed.
Does Upgrade stop working at all because it is invalid due to this Condition?
I think the answer is "Yes" because restriction is violated

From the FAQ:

8) Some Actions/Abilities allow models to attach Upgrades during the game. Do these Actions/Abilities need to adhere to the restrictions listed on the Upgrade, or can they be attached to any model? Upgrade restrictions only affect the hiring process, and have no in game effect, so these Upgrades may be attached to any model. If there are any restrictions they will be noted in the Action or Ability’s description. It is worth noting some such Actions and Abilities bother noting “ignoring restrictions” but this is simply reminder text which was put on when there was space available.

So the restriction being violated is of no importance after crew hiring.