Malifaux App Launched!

Lucidicide

Hi,

I use an iPad

I’ve got a few issues to report:

1 if I go to scan a qr code it crashes the app. Yes by default all my apps reject using camera/microphone etc. I did go to the settings and enable it. This causes the app to not crash. IMO, instead of crashing the app perhaps the app should ask for permission.

2: now that I have my QR code for my crew, the app won’t accept it. I took a photo of it on my phone then tried to import it. It failed. 

3: my opponent and I were trying to set up a game and then meet up in person with the schemes already sorted out. We both planned to use the app. The issue here was that after I create the encounter, there is no way so save it without having my opponents crew to input. Can you please add the functionality to change/amend crews after an encounter is saved?

4: there is a setting that allows you to “break” the crew establishment rules. I found I could have 6 rare 1’s for instance... what I would really like is the ability to go OVER the crew point allowance. This is really important to help me build a crew. I can put in too many models then remove ones that don’t suit me. 

More bug testing to follow as I keep working with the app. 

(Submitted via feedback link too)

15 minutes ago, Rathpex said:

1 if I go to scan a qr code it crashes the app. Yes by default all my apps reject using camera/microphone etc. I did go to the settings and enable it. This causes the app to not crash. IMO, instead of crashing the app perhaps the app should ask for permission.
(Submitted via feedback link too)

I submitted this last night.   They are adding the permissions check before opening the camera.

12 hours ago, Tenshi said:

Great news!

My group of players wants to know if there's any plans to translate the cards to other languages? As some of them aren't good at all with english.

THIS, please! I'm Spanish, and a lot of my game mates don't speak English. It saddens me that the rulebook is available in Spanish but only the Wave 1 stat cards are (and only in the book). With this app in my language, a lot of people that are interested in the game could play. I think it's difficult, but even if we had to pay extra for the language pack, I think we would do it gladly.

PS: I've already downloaded the app and purchased the cards. Great work!

1 hour ago, SoylentRobot said:

Hey, just a tiny tiny issue, the Hodgepodge Emissary is always limited to one Upgrade, even when it has Jack Daw's Conflux of the Damned, which should let it attach the Suffocating Injustice too. Hodge also has a cost of 10+1 listed, what does this mean?

It means that for some reason it's tagged as a merc for Jack Daw.  I see someone else mention it already.   

If you want you can report it in the contact page. 

Here is what I submitted in the app support  feedback form 

Subject: App Suggestions for Enhancement.

- Search for model,. 
- Add number of models owned. Example, I own 7 terror tots.  
- add painting stage of modesl owned. 
- Add possible upgrade list when viewing the model. 

List Building
- Only have a listing of what can be used by the declared faction. 
When I build I may want a model but may not have enough points for it. I should still see it but it greyed out. If I set the filter to show visible, I see every model in the game. 

Encounter.
- Allow list building from the Create Encounter. This falls in line with out the game is designed. Set game size, Declare Faction, Generate Format (Deployment, Strategy, Schemes), Build crew. 
- Conditions should only list the conditions that are possible during the game if both crews are defined. 
- Same with upgrades during the game. 
- If the Model has no wounds left (Dead) then the model should be marked at Dead or greyed out (but clickable to bring back)

Reference
- Have content searchable.

• Like 5

Finally unlocked the cards.

I think my biggest gripe is how the ability text needs you to tap the ability name for a box out. I'd have preferred that text to just be under the ability name. If you're not overly familiar with a unit, you'll miss things. Having that smaller ability text below the skill names means a bit more scrolling, but it's not like you have limited vertical space.

Also I'd prefer the conditions to be moved to just under the card, and add a little icon on the unit on the list to show they have a condition. When they're way at the bottom and with no notification on the overall crew list you can miss them. If you're only tracking conditions with the app and not tokens, you might forget something has, say, Burning and forget to apply the damage at the end of the turn.

Other than that, I really like the app.

Another bug I found - if an upgrade is discarded, the upgrade itself greys out with a line through it, but any abilities remain. This can get confusing. If you're going to add in line abilities with upgrades, you'll need to remove them when the upgrade is gone.

Also regarding upgrades, when you select to attach an upgrade mid-encounter, the list is very small, I'm assuming they're upgrades that by their nature are attached during the game. However, when something with A Thousand Faces discards it to attach, say, Retributions Eye, the upgrade isn't available.

• Like 1

On 7.11.2017 at 10:18 PM, Curropepe said:
On 7.11.2017 at 9:51 AM, Tenshi said:

Great news!

My group of players wants to know if there's any plans to translate the cards to other languages? As some of them aren't good at all with english.

THIS, please! I'm Spanish, and a lot of my game mates don't speak English. It saddens me that the rulebook is available in Spanish but only the Wave 1 stat cards are (and only in the book). With this app in my language, a lot of people that are interested in the game could play. I think it's difficult, but even if we had to pay extra for the language pack, I think we would do it gladly.

PS: I've already downloaded the app and purchased the cards. Great work!

Same here. Had a long talk yesterday and people said: I'd like to have it in German, makes things easier :-) If you could give us some insight whether this is planned at the current stage at all or whether you are not planning on doing that would be great ^_^

Another thing about the app:

maybe I am just too stupid but when looking at the Model List, I'd like to be able to access the updates available too. But maybe I just cannot find that function? Otherwise, the app is very intuitive and I really like it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I think my biggest gripe is how the ability text needs you to tap the ability name for a box out. I'd have preferred that text to just be under the ability name. If you're not overly familiar with a unit, you'll miss things. Having that smaller ability text below the skill names means a bit more scrolling, but it's not like you have limited vertical space.

I agree with that, maybe there was a setting to view the card as the original card?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Another bug I found - if an upgrade is discarded, the upgrade itself greys out with a line through it, but any abilities remain. This can get confusing. If you're going to add in line abilities with upgrades, you'll need to remove them when the upgrade is gone.

Not sure this is working the way you describe.  This seems to be a refresh/update issue more than anything.  The abilities do go away, but only if you leave the card and then return to it to refresh the page.

2 hours ago, Clement said:

Not sure this is working the way you describe.  This seems to be a refresh/update issue more than anything.  The abilities do go away, but only if you leave the card and then return to it to refresh the page.

Aha, I didn't think to do that, that works.

Theres still the problem with attaching upgrades mid game though.

• Like 1

Bugs:

- Necrotic Machine is missing in ressurectionits peon list (but available in the crew builder). Edit: it's a Minion.

- I have set some models to "I own" or "painted". But if I filter they are not shown.

- I bought the stats this morning, everything was okay. But now the cards are not shown and I get a message to buy the cards!

Edited by Butch

I like very very very much to have an official app with cards inside and some support to the game.

Obviously it just came out, so it's far from to be perfect.

But to be usable, particularly in tournaments, I think it will need some fundamental changes:

1- the app absolutely need to support tablets-like devices. I think these are the real target device where using the app. Ok, smatphones are portable and easy to handle and use. But apart from card surfing I think it would be difficult to find a player that prefer a phone to real cards. It is simple unconvenient to use it in playtime. On the other hand, tablets offers a wider screen, it is easier to place it on the table and easier to use as an in-game support to track things and see opponent's crew cards.

2- Speaking about cards, I think it's troublesome to have a screen where you need to tap in order to read every action/ability the model have. Much better having all on the screen at the same time, even if you have to scroll it (but on tablets I think it would not be an issue). Possibly, having a card view very similar to real Malifaux cards, even in the graphics, so to let easier consulting both the app and hard cards.

3- the app need t be much more interactive. I mean, just for example:

- when you choose a model that can summon, you could be able to look at the summoning list, and tapping on each entry you should see the relative cards;

-with each card you should be able to look for and watch the possible upgrades;

-adding to the crew a model summoned during game;

- filter models using many criteria and a search engine (ss cost, ablities, stats, tags, even seaching a string on the entire card text).

• Like 1

I've been trying to simulate a tournament and I've been going crazy about the fact that I have to make a crew BEFORE I make the encounter.

Can't adjust a generated encounter anymore (add crews, change crews, ...) which is completely against the current flow in Malifaux. It would be a great improvement to be able to change that.

My suggestion:

1. Be able to make a crew in the encounter
  2. Be able to add crews to encounters
  • Like 3

I've been using the model list section a bit lately and have a few observations I'd like to see happen.

1. Not have the drop down menus permanently visible, just when you click on them like in the crew builder section.  That would mean you could see a lot more models on the screen.
  2. Then have an ability to swipe right to view the model's card, again like in the crew builder section.
  3. Give totems their own section instead of putting them under peon or whatever else they are.
  4. Search Function PLEASE!!
  5. Filter specific Characteristics, eg. M&SU, Oni, etc
  • Like 1