Malifaux App Launched!

Lucidicide

Just wanted to say that I'm liking the new app.  Sure there will be a few teething troubles and bugs and we will all clamour for new functionality forever but such is the life-cycle of software development.  Keep up the good work and I wish the programmers good hunting when it comes to bug fixing.

Hiya,

just to add to the chorus of people who have done development/‘agile’ based things.

* let us know the bugs you have logged - that way we are not sending multiple reports and then you only get specific variations. This helps ensure you have less work, but also you get more detail so stuff is more likely to be right first time.

* if you can, if you can let us know what we should expect to see coming up, and what fixes are being prioritised, it should help set expectations of what is happening when.

will file another one about missing models in list creation

• Like 3

I like the app.   I really like the fact I have access to all the cards and I can look at the cards while at work.  No more Running out to my car for a "Smoke break" to take a picture of the card from the book.

Will you have a Road Map for enhancements for the app?  Is there someplace to go to submit suggestions?   Perhaps a forum section created for App discussions maybe needed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see Alternate models put in there, perhaps under a special heading in their respective faction.

I'd also like a X/3 or X/2 option for the painted tag, and the addition of a built tag that works similarly. I've got a backlog of models that i own but have not built, and an even bigger backlog of built but not painted. Some of them are only bits of the 3 that come in some boxes (I currently have 2/3 Terracotta warriors built and painted, for instance. Or 1/3 Dead outlaws built, but none painted)

• Like 4

not sure if best place to put this,  but personal review of app. Some wishlisting that I have. Anyways, it is:

I give app 8/10

I like the app a lot. Condition tracking doesnt seem practical but i don't know how you could easily make it so without having logic for all of the conditions (doable but too difficult imho). Just being a working list-builder and card catalog with health tracker is extremely important. It's why ive felt warroom was so popular regardless of the amount of griping at it (That it deserved mind you).

A couple whines though that i wish you would change. They are:

very much needs a model browsing section for upgrades. This section is important for improving the lookup features that an app like this is used for.

I also had light UI design problems. 

Specifically crew list should have groupings of faction and then which master. Filtering just removes unwanted visually, but grouping is an important feature and probably more so on that screen than filtering.

During an encounter at the bottom left and right are buttons for player 1 army list,  player 2 army list, and the vp view. P1 should have been on left,  p2 on right and vp on which ever side is open due to that players list is currently being displayed. This is important as p1 on left, p2 right is an old video game standard and its actually more difficult to use if doesnt match.

Allow a setting option to change how cards are sorted in each station to be able to be SS driven first over name driven. I know Scorpios costs 6ss but had more trouble than i would like as his name actually is THE Scorpius.

Changing the schemes right before starting an encounter is also a little wonky. You click on change format, then hit back,  then can regenerate schemes and strats.

Limited upgrades are currently tied to crews instead of individual models. This means, for example, that if you have Misaki with Stalking Bisento or The Storm, you can't put any of River Styles on Sensei Yu in the same crew.

Reported this via the contact form as well.

@Aaron is there any plan on using the app to collect tournament information on what all is taken. If so and your looking for someone to look at the statistics please let me know, I would love to do the stats for it.

Corvus Belli does this with infinity and though they do not make all the information public they released faction count for there last tournament season as open information.

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the support so far! The bugs are being received and worked on -- we expect an update later this week that should fix the majority of the reports we've seen, and the developers are going to continue to work on the app and improve it over time.

The issue with Pixel phones should be resolved in the update following the one later this week. We apologize for the delay there.

Please continue to send in any issues you have via the Contact form on the website.

Thanks!

• Like 4

@Aaron One minor suggestion for the collection manager. Currently it does not allow for quantification of models that may be owned in multiples (i.e. Bayou Gremlins, Witchling Stalkers, Rotten Belles, etc) can this be added in a future update (read as not overly pressing but a nice to have down the road).

• Like 2