Vogel: Does he do anything new or interesting?

Mxbedlam

SO looking at Vogel I'm not entirely convinced that he is that amazing. His best ability is undoubtedly removing scheme markers to draw a card, but that is when he is a very easy to remove  human. The beast isn't terrible but Min 3 isn't hard to find either and as far as a beat stick goes he's not terribly amazing.  His push on non beast models might actually be a solid thing, haven't really experimented with it. However I could see not having to rely on a bird to turn Howard into a beast. Though you still need a mid level mask.

Admittedly this is all from no actual play experience with him. Thoughts? where are you adding Vogel in and why?

I'm really looking forward to him.

His Censure attack action looks sweet. Being able to knock out a model's tactical actions or prevent them from attacking unless they discard is nice. Tossing the "This model may not declare attack actions without first discarding a card." on a beater that your opponent wants to activate late in the round puts some pressure on their hand throughout the round. It's also a Wp attack on a model that fits into a Marcus crew which could be used to trigger Pack Leader. 

The zero action that gives a model a 6 inch push and an attack on 6 of :mask or higher is pretty cool. It's the same difficulty as Myranda's 1AP Hunting Call and that doesn't come with the 6 inch push. 

Knowing when to shape shift with him is going to be key. It seems like you can probably do some neat stuff using him as an Alpha target for Marcus. Have Marcus Alpha the Beast Within, who Shapeshifts into Vogel and then does some Vogel stuff. Later in the turn activate Vogel and shift into the Beast within. 

With Hard to Wound and the ability to completely heal when he shifts, the Beast Within might be a handy "Defend Me!" model to keep near Marcus.

• Like 1

Using the Laws of Nature to turn something like Howard into a Beast, have him push 6 and attack, target something nearby with Censure to give Howard a second attack if he's in LoS of a model with Pack Leader, have Howard use his normal activation for more attacks, and then have Marcus Alpha him if he's still alive for a second activation seems like it could really wreck someone's day. Get an execute trigger or two and Censure starts looking a hell of a lot like "This model may not declare attack actions".

1 hour ago, Fictor said:

One thing, when you change the model it's a new model? my question is for Colette and his :ram trigger on prompt, you can reactivate the human and turn into beast to non sacrifice in the end of the turn?

It is a new model. One model is summoned and the other is sacrificed. However, both Vogel and The Beast Within are immune to reactivate.

• Haha 1