Single Out of Faction Hiring Upgrade Dream

Jesy Blue

I had another dream about a new upgrade, essentially the same for every faction, 3 SS, Rare 1, Limited, Master only.  You could pay full price for any single non-Master model for your crew from another faction that you could not hire any other way (but still not bypassing rules like Lazeras' "Hate The Maker" and personal Totems).  And they each had different yet similar names per faction, but the same effect.

Guild - Who's The Man Now?

Resurectionists - Who's The Body Now?

Arcanists - Who's The Rebel Now?

Neverborn -  Who's The Monster Now?

Outcasts -  Who's The Lowlife Now?

Gremlins - Now Who Smells Bad?

Ten Thunders - Who's The Master Now?

So, who is worth taking this on which master for a combo you could not get anywhere else?  Mechanical Rider running with Lucas McCabe? Sebastian serving drinks for the Brewmaster?  Brutal Emissary leaping through time with Tara?  Nekima.... pretty much everywhere.

What say you?

• Like 1

Sensei Yu in a Sonnia list would be neat. Push Sonnia and make her fast.

Yasinori with a debt to the guild would also be great, plenty of good attacks and then Judge could force it to attack again and declare all it's triggers in his activation. Take Abuela and do it again in her activation.

For guild I was gonna say mech rider all the way but...... actually the best model would be the mysterious emissary.

List would be 

Nellie 

- delegation

- misleading headlines

-  Who's The Man Now? (new upgrade)

Printing Press

McTavish  

- debt to the guild 

The Jury 

Mysterious Emissary

- Brutal Conflux  

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

7 models 50/50 SS

Nellie + Mysterious + Jury would be awesome. Lul make mysterious fast with Nelie and then summon three changleings (discard a card for the suit using the jury) that heal themselves on activation. throw in the fact that the hungering land markers + propaganda would be freaking disgusting 3x 1/3/4 damage + push + hungering land + a ml attack from something + a bunch of changelings using McTavish's gun using their trigger with + flips from the brutal conflux.....ouch.  Using McTavish's ignore cover 2/4/6 14 inch range gun with changlings with + flips would basically mean you could get up to 14 McTavish shots a turn (assuming you Propaganda once with three in range and fast McTavish and a changling). Changelings are rare 3 so it wouldn't be totally broken but having 10 models in guild would be nice....especially with misleading headlines. If McTavish dies Monster hunters are great to copy with the changelings and they are minions so would also benefit from the brutal conflux (are also great flankers). Also not that you would do it often but hot off the presses could be copied and could save some models (Jury could clear the burning condition).

Now I want this upgrade to exist so bad.

• Like 1

a hanged in a pandora or brewmaster crew... a nothingbeast in a brewmaster or pandora crew... centauroi in a ladyjustice crew... ashes and dust in neverborn with retributions eye... hooded rider with recall training, Lampads in a kaeris crew, a glowy peacekeeper, a glowy nothingbeast, a glowy archie, a glowy howard langston, a glowy nekima, a glowy hooded rider, recall training on the nothing beast... fingers in a mcmourning crew... 

fingers anywere.... FINGERS!!!

But all of that is nothing against this: 
Mancha Roja in a voices Pandora crew.

Sry, but that dream is a balance nightmare.

I picture McMourning loading random items into the pigapult for funsies: zombie chihuahua, dogs (dead), dogs (living), Sebastian with or without Numb to the World immediately after zombie chihuahua, shrunken draugr, clockwork traps...

I'm sure that Jury and her masks into Neverborn would cause chaos somehow.

I'd bring the little mechromancer home to Guild, but maybe not where you'd think. Yes, I would first have Marlena tag along after Hoffman and try to make dollies (steam arachnid swarms poisoning with every hit, or extra positives to attack during machine puppet), but then I'd give her to any of ours with a low wound count (Lady J has her recruiters to keep her safe)...and go get Alyce instead, for Hoffman. Should sort the outactivation problem nicely.:D

Speaking of recruiters...deputized, indebted Francois. :mellow: Or Nicodem's pet gremlin with a double life.

I can't take credit for this one, but from the Traitor! henchman-into-new-faction discussion which allowed personal upgrades as well, Widow Weaver + Handbag into Arcanists to butcher the jackalope and convert its meat into Teddy. Often.

Montresor into bubble crews. Allison Dade supporting Ironsides or Mei Feng with heal 1 per attacks declared.

Willie with Zoraida...and Papa Loco and Pere Ravage, add changelings, doppelgänger, and will o' wisps as you please.

Serena or a black blood shaman into Gremlins to blood a sacrificial gremlin who then bleeds onto a cluster of lightning bugs. Add slop haulers as you please.

Last but not least--Ill Omens for everyone:lol:

I got really excited for a moment at the prospect of Lenny with some young nephilim for that delicious infinite attack trigger, but then remembered his aura is only for gremlins and got sad again. On a side note, anyone know of any non-totem or master models that can add rams to friendly models?

Howard in a Shenlong crew with Recalled Training is just disgusting though.

10 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

I got really excited for a moment at the prospect of Lenny with some young nephilim for that delicious infinite attack trigger, but then remembered his aura is only for gremlins and got sad again. On a side note, anyone know of any non-totem or master models that can add rams to friendly models?

Howard in a Shenlong crew with Recalled Training is just disgusting though.

Why non-master? <_<

As for the recalled training, I'd definitely want to pair that with some infinite (or at least very, very multiple) attack goodness. Recalled, Fast, pushed double-flurry Bishop, maybe?

41 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Why non-master? <_<

As for the recalled training, I'd definitely want to pair that with some infinite (or at least very, very multiple) attack goodness. Recalled, Fast, pushed double-flurry Bishop, maybe?

To keep it in neverborn as that's the faction I play.

And a RT double flurry Bishop is already something that can be done

On 2017-11-04 at 7:55 PM, Gnomezilla said:

Why non-master? <_<

You mean play thunders? This doesn't need the cross faction format. ;) Bishop and Yu in a McCabe list gives you a decent threat range on those double flurries.