Tannen uses

nickb003

On the TT side, I've been forcing myself to hire him just to experiment with him.

Best I've come up with is in "bunch in the centre" type strategies with frame for murder in the pool. Shove him up close with his annoying aura and bait people into killing him, or not killing him. Frame is optional though. So long as he can get his aura to touch few important models he's annoying to the opponent. His attack to lower wk/cg isn't all that exciting, but can occasionally make a difference. Basically he's a 6ss resource drain on the opponent. Imagine Nekima bashing someone's head in with her ml7 while they have to discard a card for every cheat they want to make. Alternatively they burn their hand on Tannen's manipulative when they kill him, giving you hand advantage for rest of the turn. I still don't know if I'd recommend him as a purchase but I haven't exactly regretted hiring him either.

Next to useless in "spread out" scenarios.

I run him with Lucius and Pandora.

When accompanied by a doppelganger the two have the capacity to lock down a large part of the board via chatty, especially with Lucius, graves, a changeling and useless duplications.

I also like lawyers in this mix but it then the crew turns into my ballroom build which only works in non-killy pools.

With the widow weaver in pandora his survivability also jumps but I use him more as a complication factor for the cheat prevention.

He will certainly drop to concentrated attacks or attrition which is why careful placement is important and ideally diverting fire with something "louder".

I like him because the card thing becomes a huge resource drain. 

I've run Lucius with the mimic dreamteam (Graves and Dopple) so my models have :+fate attacks and the opponent needs to spend large amounts of cards to cheat over anything. Barbaros also combos well with him since the challenge aura with Tannen's cheating restrictions usually turns out bothersome.

Personally he is one of my favourite pieces to play and he ends up in quite a few of my lists chatty can be invaluable and his aura is a massive resource drain on your opponent. An obvious pairing for him is Mr Graves as he can show him the door to make up for his low movement and has a built in trigger on his fence post attack which means Tannen doesn't loose his manipulative (It's worth noting that Tannen doesn't have to have activated lost his manipulative first so you can activate graves hit something and set it up so that when Tannen activities he will still be manipulative after he activates)

You are right in thinking he is best in situations where people are clustered together to make the most out of his aura, my personal favourite use of him is taking him in a list with Titania and Barbaros. With Barbaros' challenge up and Titania targeting key models with her "she will end us all" trigger your opponent will very quickly find themselves burning through their hand just to target anything and when they do if they want to cheat the to hit flip thats even more of a drain. This is doubly effective if you take a list with a lot of terrifying or manipulative in it.

It's not for all schemes but where you expect your opponent to bunch up it can be very effective.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.10.2017 at 6:46 PM, Voodoo Specter said:

Personally he is one of my favourite pieces to play and he ends up in quite a few of my lists chatty can be invaluable and his aura is a massive resource drain on your opponent. An obvious pairing for him is Mr Graves as he can show him the door to make up for his low movement and has a built in trigger on his fence post attack which means Tannen doesn't loose his manipulative (It's worth noting that Tannen doesn't have to have activated lost his manipulative first so you can activate graves hit something and set it up so that when Tannen activities he will still be manipulative after he activates)

You are right in thinking he is best in situations where people are clustered together to make the most out of his aura, my personal favourite use of him is taking him in a list with Titania and Barbaros. With Barbaros' challenge up and Titania targeting key models with her "she will end us all" trigger your opponent will very quickly find themselves burning through their hand just to target anything and when they do if they want to cheat the to hit flip thats even more of a drain. This is doubly effective if you take a list with a lot of terrifying or manipulative in it.

It's not for all schemes but where you expect your opponent to bunch up it can be very effective.

I wonder if he works in my summoning pandora list with barbaros. I need to give him a try. =)

4 hours ago, I'm a Teapot! said:

I wonder if he works in my summoning pandora list with barbaros. I need to give him a try. =)

Don't have the cards but Pandora summons off of models with a condition on them? And Tannen's attack gives out a condition that lasts until target's next activation? And it's against wp. Sure sounds like potential.