Competitive Leveticus lists

Kaos

Could be, but I was playing with someone I know and I know which models he owns and what he likes to play. 

But the point is: 

Better one abomination or the effigy?

How good is Lazarus in respect to things hitting harder? He has 2 big (even 3 if we look at Langston) constructs to compare with. The new riot breaker, a nice package for 6ss, being able to shoot in melee without randomising, and the peacekeeper, with his drag and horrific damage track. Yes they can't heal and unfortunately there is nothing in outcasts doing this.

Another Lazarus perk is assimilate. I didn't find anything worth of assimilating in my crew. How do you use it and on what?

5 hours ago, Kaos said:

Better one abomination or the effigy?

I would prefere 1 effigy over 1 abomination most of the time. I think about the only time I would rather hire an abomination over the effigy would be if I already had 3 abominations in the list. 

6 hours ago, Kaos said:

How good is Lazarus in respect to things hitting harder? He has 2 big (even 3 if we look at Langston) constructs to compare with. The new riot breaker, a nice package for 6ss, being able to shoot in melee without randomising, and the peacekeeper, with his drag and horrific damage track. Yes they can't heal and unfortunately there is nothing in outcasts doing this.

Another Lazarus perk is assimilate. I didn't find anything worth of assimilating in my crew. How do you use it and on what?

Lazarus can assimilate any Construct, so A&D is crazy.  Additionally, since you can Levi + Iron, you can basically bring Lazarus with any construct in the game and copy their attacks.   That being said, I still find Lazarus not worth the stones, compared to any number of beaters you can take, in my opinion.  

As for the not healing, Outcast has a ton of healing able.  Now, that is primarily focused in the Steam Trunk, which Levi can't take, but the librarian is an all around solid model, a respectable 1/2/3 heal, and pretty strong CA attack, with an option to Furious Cast (her version of Flurry).  She also acts as a strong, survivalbe anchor for Levi

The librarian nonetheless cost 7 stones so a self healing construct is always well received. I will probably try to shuffle leveticus crew a bit when the engineer come out. Looks like he can substitute abominations in the card drawing engine department. Then Lazarus can be dropped to put in a cheaper construct and a librarian. And maybe have some points left for a couple of good scheme runners.

I don't know yet but I'm looking at something like Joss, librarian, engineer, Alyce lineup with favour. With the possibility to get in Josh for decontioning. 

I just wish leveticus had a best summon engine available. I suppose I need to make better use of desolate soul and stoning for suites.

46 minutes ago, Davos said:

As for the not healing, Outcast has a ton of healing able.  Now, that is primarily focused in the Steam Trunk, which Levi can't take, but the librarian is an all around solid model, a respectable 1/2/3 heal, and pretty strong CA attack, with an option to Furious Cast (her version of Flurry).  She also acts as a strong, survivalbe anchor for Levi

Just so no one reading this gets that interaction wrong I would like to point out that you can't furious cast and heal with those ap since the heal isn't an attack action.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Just so no one reading this gets that interaction wrong I would like to point out that you can't furious cast and heal with those ap since the heal isn't an attack action.

Well said. I should have mentioned that. The number of times I’ve had to stop an opponent from trying that is shockingly high. And then they try to argue they can. And it’s just “look at the wording”. 

Ive also been told I just play the model wrong (that they can do that) which is funny cause again “look at the wording” and secondly cause I learned to play malifaux with Von Schill, so I’m *fairly* well versed in what/how friekorps models work

• Like 3

I think Levi can bring a good summoning game if you want that. He should have some targets in every list and his mobility makes you ususlly able to reach the model you need.

If you happen to face someone doing their own summons like Somer, Mollie or most resser lists with mindless zombies Levi has a field day. I think he is an intersting option for interference since a lot of players csn't resist spamming cheap models there.

If he was a straight up spam summoner it would be so boring. Summoning while also removing enemy activations is powerful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kaos said:

Possibly, but getting the right suite at the right time, with the right damage isn't always so easy. 

The focus and high stat should get you to cheatable damage. It used to be a lot easier with the pre-errata channels of course but between your control hand and soulstones I would say two summons per turn isn't unreasonable to achieve. Most summoners need to use a stone for a large portion of their summons.

Ok but let's consider that with no abominations you don't draw extra cards. 

So you have the hodgepodge to stone. Also you probably don't have sacrificable undeads to reposition Leveticus with rebirth, apart A&D that doesn't mind dying. Also these abominations will probably end up in the middle of enemies meaning they will be easily killed and probably not able to form the desolation engine. 

I am able to get one or maybe 2 summons per game, but per turn? Looks very difficult.

1 hour ago, Kaos said:

Ok but let's consider that with no abominations you don't draw extra cards. 

So you have the hodgepodge to stone. Also you probably don't have sacrificable undeads to reposition Leveticus with rebirth, apart A&D that doesn't mind dying. Also these abominations will probably end up in the middle of enemies meaning they will be easily killed and probably not able to form the desolation engine. 

I am able to get one or maybe 2 summons per game, but per turn? Looks very difficult.

If you want to focus on summoning, you play a different sort of game with Target priority. You spend more time on their weaker and cheaper models early on, to get you a number of abominations, and a drastic change to activation control. You are unlikely to get 4 summoned abominations together to create a desolation engine, but if you do get close thats something your opponent needs to worry about. 

You may have models in your crew that help you spread your damage. When you want lots of injured models, blasts and pulses help you more then the normal focus fire to remove something. 

Just now, Zebo said:

I really want to try a Leveticus list with Lazarus and the Toolkit for 3 shots with :+fate damage and probably blast. 

Try Jack Daw, Papa Loco, Envy, Student of conflict, Vanessa and a Guilty. 6 shots with the :+fate to damage, and one without. One of the 6 shots can be with Focus. 

Explain some choices here.

Johan for example, great to remove conditions for sure, but he works well with ms&u models. So in a crew not containing such models it looks like he will do less than what he's supposed to do. I saw someone posting a list with both Joss and Johan so he start to make more sense

And how do you exactly use Sue?

Johan is an all around good strong reliable model. He’s slow but can hit like a truck. He provides a sturdy, Hard to Kill model for Levi’d Anchors.

Sue is just a general beater-support piece. He can murder things, make enemy Ca be on negatives, and draw a card a turn

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davos said:

Sue is just a general beater-support piece. He can murder things, make enemy Ca be on negatives, and draw a card a turn

Sue can:

• Hit hard. Min 3 (or 4 if lucky) damage, and :+fate on attack.
  • He can eliminate danger totem/peon (Hi, Hungered Darkness).
  • He can hold area with burning.
  • He can give :-fate to casters.
  • He is Hard to Kill and Relentless.
  • He may draw a card.
  • He can remove corpse and scrap markers (Hi, summoners).
  • With Return fire he becomes monster.

And all of this - only for 8 SS. Sue is one of the best and universal Outcast models. Sue - why it is worth playing Outcasts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kaos said:

Johan for example, great to remove conditions for sure, but he works well with ms&u models. So in a crew not containing such models it looks like he will do less than what he's supposed to do. I saw someone posting a list with both Joss and Johan so he start to make more sense

A good way to think about models like Johan is to just pretend that there are no M&SU-based abilities on his card at all, and then think "would I hire this guy for 6SS?" The answer is clearly "hells yes I would" - he's a 6SS model with a 3" :melee attack, a min damage of 3, flurry, hard to kill and condition removal. That is a GREAT deal for 6SS. And sure, when he's hired into Arcanists and the M&SU stuff kicks in he is even better, but the fact is even without those on his card at all he would be great. Essentially, don't let potential synergies hide the basic facts of a card! 

e/g. Imagine a 3SS model with an unsuited leap, and when it is within 4" :aura of, say, a friendly beast it gives that beast +2"  :melee and +1 damage. Obviously that model would be insane in a Marcus crew, or a crew with Beasts, but you would also 100% hire it to run schemes in ANY crew, regardless of whether it had beasts or not!

• Like 5

Basically Johan is a model that Arcanists gladly pay 7 stones for to include in their lists. We get him for 6. I'm tempted to paint up the metal Johan as my personal avatar since he's so common in my lists... of course then he dies regularly too, so maybe not.

I"ll second Johan. Its hard to deny his beating capabilities. A word of warning though, be very careful against Obey centered crews like Collodi, Zoraida and Brewie. Its nothing for Johan to suddenly turn around and smack the waif he was anchoring if he gets hit with an obey. 

On 11/8/2017 at 5:46 AM, Freman said:

Basically Johan is a model that Arcanists gladly pay 7 stones for to include in their lists. We get him for 6. I'm tempted to paint up the metal Johan as my personal avatar since he's so common in my lists... of course then he dies regularly too, so maybe not.

Why not? :lol: Not everyone needs to have a master level presence on the table.

11 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

I"ll second Johan. Its hard to deny his beating capabilities. A word of warning though, be very careful against Obey centered crews like Collodi, Zoraida and Brewie. Its nothing for Johan to suddenly turn around and smack the waif he was anchoring if he gets hit with an obey. 

So? They aren’t constructs. It’s not like reflecting a Kang buff aura back into a clump of undead.

• Like 1