Competitive Leveticus lists

Kaos

For what I can say, there are several Levi friendly scenarios.

Symbol of authority is doable with A&D and necropunks.

Ours could be viable, considering is it viable to kill opponent models quickly and have big in cost models who don't want to die to contest. 

Public execution can be fine if Leveticus will not be used to kill stuff (since he can't then kill himself or will lose the condition). Or you can make him stay on the board, if he activate last and see if you can win initiative and activate him first the turn after.

Symbol of Authority can be viable with scheme runners, also supply wagon look fine considering we can use large base stuff like A&D or Lazarus that push faster. Under some conditions A&D could be able to push 2 times. Summon a scrap marker with alice in suitable position, walk Ashes, push, use 0 to push Ashes in contact with scrap (who will be convenientely near the wagon), push the wagon again. 

Regarding schemes:

Punish the weak: Bread and butter for killy crews.

Surround them: doable

Guarded trasure: maybe not so good

Eliminate the leadership: ok but will give away 1 VP. But it's very unlikely the opponent will take it vs Levi.

Covert Breaktrough: doable

Dig their graves: hate this but doable

Set up: probably better with another master

Hold up their forces: doable

Undercover entourage: another Levi signature scheme

Inescapable trap: if you have belles maybe?

Show of forces: doable, I suppose, if you build for it

Search the ruins: can be doable. Leveticus with scheme removal looks good to play into this if the opponent choose it.

Take one for the team: doable

Take prisoner: If you lift every other model from the table can be viable

Recover evidence: not sure about this one

Public demonstration: it probably depends which tanky minions you can hire for this

Vendetta: difficult. But looks difficult for everyone.

Took Levi into 2 games with the same list both times. 1 was a blow out cause I left Levi out and Papa Red Jokered an attack that I flipped a 1 on. Killed Levi, waif and an abom. just wasn't happening after that. So reracked and he switched to Lynch.

My levi list was:
Levi ( Souls, Scout)

2 Waifs

Ashes and Dust

Talos (Bigger They Are)

2 Wretches

2 Aboms

Trapper

Ended up a 6-6 tie into Ply For Info. I messed up and took Inescable Trap vs Ten Thunders, which is dumb with all their pushes. Oh well. Don't like that scheme at all. Ashes turn 2 killed Lynch with a red joker (karma). Levi made 2 aboms. The list was supposed to have Path of Iron and TC Warrior instead of the wretch, but I don't have them yet or the new upgrades yet. (next on the buy list) All in all though the list did what it was supposed to. I ended up with 8-9 card hands. Talos is fun cause he only takes 1 and heals up when he munches a model. Aboms really get dumb when they do things like that. 

The past couple games have helped me get a feel for Levi in the new meta. He is crazy mobile. Can keep a solid hand, get activation control and is still very hard to play around even if his damage potential is less. He's not going after your big beaters, but that's what Talos and Ashes are for. Instead he turns scheme runners and support models into aboms. 

Had interesting success with:

Levi - Aether, Desolute Soul' oathkeeper

2 x Waifs

Ashes and Dust

Deso Engine

Vanessa

2 x Aboms

My aim was to yse the deso and ashes to make 2 more aboms so when deso inevitably died i could jsut reform it (a d i did exactly that) 

Worked well as a rush tactic.

Had silly fun with a friends list 

Levi - Bone, Oath, Desolate

2 x Waifs

2 x Rogaru

Autukmn kight - claw i think 

Belle

Philip and nanny

Necropunk

Just kept pulling stuff into the cluster or rogaru and stuff - killed ashes and dust and anything i lured in.

Probably more effective in a better pool (extraction not a clever one)

Thought about 

Levi - Des, Oath + iron

2 x Waifs

3 x necropunks

Ashes and Dust

Rusty alyce - deso 

And whstever else

Great for stake a claim....necropunks go and screw stuff up in opponent half

Then create more aboms to potentially make a deso

I tried one necropunk last time, quite fine, the small bugger doesn't get shoot as much as the big scary and wrecking things. I'm keep finding Lazarus underwhelming. Great to tank but very pillow fisted for a 10 ss model. 

What do you think of the stuff from broken promises? Prospector and Night stalker looks cool choices, the new Leveticus protegee instead looks completely antisynergic with him. The extra entropic shoot is nice when is about putting some unreducible damage to a model, but her signature ability, soul tether, looks completely useless on Leveticus. Because why the hell you wouldn't want him to die when you can get up untimely demise and make 2 other damage to whoever is engaging him? Or more simply bury him so he can pop up somewhere else?

The Talos looks interesting but without other burying engines quite underwhelming. I think it can he taken as sideboard when you know you face stuff that like to bury themselves, but probably you would play Tara in that case, and the Talos looks quite better in her crew.

The guild pacekeeper looks like a cheap anchor and can substitute Lazarus in the roadbump / tank role. 

Obsidian statue looks a decent bruiser, with a decent synergy with the old man, but it would benefit of more casting damaging attacks, and the ability range is quite limited (only 3", most models will just pile up on the statue to avoid being shoot), so the ability looks situational at best.

I didn't find anything interesting into the resser stable, but maybe I'm overlooking some stuff.

Last the engineer. Apparently looks cool, but basically is synergic only in Freikorps. Unless you go Freikorps heavy (librarian, Hanna, strongarm suit) looks like she will not have many chances to bull model armors, Since Freikorps are the one reliably spamming Armor +1. She can be a decent card drawing engine coupled with a pair of abominations thou. Aboms can hit for 1 card, Levi sac one for 2 cards and the engineer discard one corpse marker for another one, while Alyce resummon the abomination with from aether from the scrap marker. 

4 cards in a single turn is nothing to scoff at.

5 hours ago, Kaos said:

The Talos looks interesting but without other burying engines quite underwhelming. I think it can he taken as sideboard when you know you face stuff that like to bury themselves, but probably you would play Tara in that case, and the Talos looks quite better in her crew.

Obsidian statue looks a decent bruiser, with a decent synergy with the old man, but it would benefit of more casting damaging attacks, and the ability range is quite limited (only 3", most models will just pile up on the statue to avoid being shoot), so the ability looks situational at best.

Talos's bury stuff is just padding on a nice package honestly. I use it just to heal him up and his 0 sometimes forces flips or cards out of hand. Otherwise he's another min 3 attack with armor 1.  Obsidian statue is really solid with Levi because his ranged is a Ca and that extra damage is gonna help you kill things for Deso Souls. Not to mention the statue token lets you hide waifs better. 

The problem is Talos bury is functional to his abilities and also heal him up, so I think isn't so situational. To be at his best the bury need to happen. The good thing he has ARM+1 so can be boosted by the engineer. 

I kinda like it also because 3/4/5 is not a bad damage track and eventually 8 SS isn't a cost so steep to pay, but if his healing abilities are denied, isn't too hard to kill. Two models can probably wreck him, since Df 4 and 9 Wd aren't so tanky. With ARM+2 and obscured now is much more interesting. 

But is a 14 SS combo, so it's a steep price to pay.

But Marlena is really the odd one. I don't understand the design process for which she should be aligned with Leveticus crew.

As far as I see it:

Benny: Hamelin

Engineer: Von Schill

Prospector: maybe Parker

Talos: Tara

Marlena: theoretically Leveticus, pragmatically Vickys

Midnight Stalker: no one in particular

Exactly, of you are willing to pay a 8ss tax to keep the sacrificial Vicky alive. I don't know if it's worth it but if you take the models for other reasons it can be viewed as a nice extra. I would have taken Marlene if her ability worked with all models and not just with the leader. Could have been a insurance on pieces like Alyce or even a reactivated desolation engine. 

I can see the Obsidian Statute being good with both Levi and Anna.  Since Anna doesn't randomize, her CA becomes really strong, CA 7, dmg 3/4/5 i think (i haven't played her much)  and with Levi being CA 3/4/5 ignoring EVERYTHING seems strong.  Though I haven't gotten to try it yet.  My levi lists of late have been basically static.  Gonna have to start playing around with some of the new stuff.  

As an aside on the new stuff, the engineer is rather fun.  Dropping a marker next to it right away and farming cards is nice.  And giving out the extra ram is pretty nice, though limited to the armor +1, or construct, makes it somewhat hard to utilize.  I mostly find tossing the ram/armor onto a trapper for a nice turn one, min 3, max 6 kill shot is nice, or onto Von Schill to go rekt some folk (though he should be min 3 to start, since he's a MASTER and a master with min 2 is kinda crap.  In my opinion, he should have a built in ram at all times)  

7 minutes ago, Davos said:

I can see the Obsidian Statute being good with both Levi and Anna.  Since Anna doesn't randomize, her CA becomes really strong, CA 7, dmg 3/4/5 i think (i haven't played her much)  and with Levi being CA 3/4/5 ignoring EVERYTHING seems strong.  Though I haven't gotten to try it yet.  My levi lists of late have been basically static.  Gonna have to start playing around with some of the new stuff.  

As an aside on the new stuff, the engineer is rather fun.  Dropping a marker next to it right away and farming cards is nice.  And giving out the extra ram is pretty nice, though limited to the armor +1, or construct, makes it somewhat hard to utilize.  I mostly find tossing the ram/armor onto a trapper for a nice turn one, min 3, max 6 kill shot is nice, or onto Von Schill to go rekt some folk (though he should be min 3 to start, since he's a MASTER and a master with min 2 is kinda crap.  In my opinion, he should have a built in ram at all times)  

Anna is Ca6, 3/3/4 at base - which will be 4/4/5 if the statue marker is nearby - pretty tasty!

What about a combination of Anna, Obsidian, engineer? Alyce would also be super cool but looks like points don't fit.

Or maybe yes, these 4 cap at 36 so there are about 9 to spend with 5 ss left in stash.

Maybe one necropunk and some upgrades.

It looks like a big ball of death and denial but with not much mobility.

TBH I’m enjoying these two lists a lot:

levi , 2 waifs, 2 aboms, ashes and dust, 2 teddies (both with oathkeeper)

and

levi, 2 waifs, ashes and dust, desolation engine, Vanessa, 2 aboms

both have been hard hitting, mobile and able to win attrition and activation wars

32 minutes ago, Davos said:

Can the engineer give armor to the statue? cause i thoght it can only give armor to stuff thats armor +1, not armor +2 (or is it already armor +1, i can't remember)

It can give armor to constructs, regardless of their armor level. 

Yesterday I run Leveticus with Aether shackles and Untimely demise. 

I'm sold on demise, I don't know about Arther Shackles. I realized it takes 3 actions to summon a waif, while initially I thought it was just one action. My opponent was playing arcanists so I thought I had some good time removing scheme markers but did not happen, since he played Rasputina instead of Colette (with claim jump I was expecting Colette).

And I'm still thinking about Lazarus. He is a outrageous tank, but he is so expensive...

Maybe a riot breaker can take the same role of tough anchor and can find the space to fit in a engineer to generate more card drawings and give away that juicy +1 ARM (even to the riot breaker) and double up as backup anchor. 

54 minutes ago, Kaos said:

I'm sold on demise, I don't know about Arther Shackles. I realized it takes 3 actions to summon a waif, while initially I thought it was just one action. My opponent was playing arcanists so I thought I had some good time removing scheme markers but did not happen, since he played Rasputina instead of Colette (with claim jump I was expecting Colette).

And I'm still thinking about Lazarus. He is a outrageous tank, but he is so expensive...

Maybe a riot breaker can take the same role of tough anchor and can find the space to fit in a engineer to generate more card drawings and give away that juicy +1 ARM (even to the riot breaker) and double up as backup anchor. 

Not sure about your reading of "To Dust" action. In "Connect Soul" doesn't points that yoy need to make the "To Dust" action, so you could make only the "Connect Soul". That makes me understand that the "Connect Soul" action from "To Dust" doesn't spend  any AP. 

2 hours ago, Kaos said:

I will read it again, 3 actions for a waif doesn't look like a good deal to be honest. You're probably right.

You take the (1) action "To Dust" and then if you remove more markers than there are Waifs n play you get o take the (2) action "Connect Soul" for free without spending AP (since it is during the resolution of the "To Dust" action).

Something I'm finding really difficult to fit in is the hodgepodge effigy.

I find useful acquiring card advantage trough abominations (to be honest I think vile reclamation should be a 0 action, so is possible to reclaim and walk 2 times).

Now the problem is the effigy works in a limited range and got a quite a-ok action under soft cover form that is not anyway incredible. So I'm not sure he can benefit Leveticus so much since he jumps around his waifs and he could not be always in range of Loyalty to the coin.

I can try to play with no abominations and with the effigy to stone crows to the trigger and see how it goes but I don't know...

8 hours ago, Kaos said:

No one plays Colette anymore since Sandeep came to town