Friday Preview - Empire Dragoons

Nef

Friday is here at last!  Everyone knows the reason people get so excited for Friday is the awesome Other Side previews they get!  Today we take a look at the Empire Dragoon! 

Wyrd_FridayPreview_10_20_2017.thumb.jpg.3c93e2ea3dd3c902c65bcd7f72c2c26a.jpg

An elite cavalry force, the Empire Dragoons have managed to integrate modern technology with cavalry tactics to devastating effect. While the Dragoons are a limited force, this is only because their striking power is in high demand. Dragoons are largely independent, with every member having been drawn from low-ranking officer pools. This autonomy on the battlefield frees up the rest of the forces to do what they have been ordered while still ensuring that the Dragoons can go wherever they are needed at a moment's notice. To this day, few soldiers have had the courage to stand against a full Dragoon charge.

On the tabletop, Empire Dragoons are an incredibly fast melee unit. This makes them a great addition to any ranged Empire Company, as it allows them to intercept hostile forces before they can engage the Empire's gunlines. The Dragoons also come equipped with machine guns, ensuring that they will be useful in any situation

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Alex_Vulfhart said:

This is a really good looking model...although is kind of a let down that it will come already assembled...I want to make some conversions in it. 

You could probably freeze it and break it into its sub parts pretty easily. Could with Tortoise and Hare anyways.

Of all the sculpts across all the factions this is my least favourite even though I am signed up for King's Empire...in Malifaux both Mounted Guards and Lucas McCabe have superb and dynamic  horses....I appreciate that these are heavier mounts but they somehow look stiff and chunky....whilst also appreciating that this is a game and a lot of time and effort has gone into it my main gripe with these is that they aren't believable in that where is all the horse furniture ? Blanket rolls, water bottles, scabbards etc that would make it look like a cavalryman and not a caricature of a toy soldier ?

Please don't anyone take me as dissing all the work gone into this but if you can design a robot and a dreadnought and electrocutioners that look as though they could work then why not a cavalryman ? It's not like there isn't any reference for them...$0.002 now officially expired and looking forward to next update