What does Amina Naidu do.

WWHSD

I'm watching the paint dry on Amina and am looking forward to getting her on the table. 

She looks like she's got a lot of cool abilities but they all see like they need suits that aren't built in to get the most out of.

At only 8 wounds with no real defensive abilities, it seems like it might be tricky to get 9 points pf value out of Amina. 

Do I just need to accept that Amina is going to probably eat up a lot of soul stones if I bring her?

For people that are having success with her, how are you using her?

I use her as a control piece. She's moving models around and dropping negative conditions on them. She's powering up the mage's defensive abilities since she's M&SU. If played with Sandeep she's using his abilities, if played with Ironsides she gets a bit more work than expected from Hand Picked Men. Making your models immune to your opponent's beater model is pretty huge.

I've only used her once, but I definitely got my stones worth of work out of her. Being able to debuff models directly is great, but I find her front of card abilities even stronger. Being able to pitch a card for a stone whenever an opponent interacts is amazing, especially with schemes like marked for death. "According to the injured worker's act..." is also fantastic, since for a wound on her, she can impose a negative to the attack flip on a big beater. So long as you have a healer nearby, you can debuff any big killy model. Also, defense 6 willpower 7 keeps her alive for much longer than it would appear. 

She's amazing with Ironsides. M&SU (and Academic for the mages) makes her work well with everybody else in the crew. I'm usually spending actions on Summons to vaccuum things into engagement with Ironsides and make them Liable (which at that point might as well read "useless"). Hands out slow, insignificant, discards, and generally makes it difficult to accomplish things while she's around. She is a swiss army knife of enemy annoyance.

On 10/17/2017 at 11:19 AM, WWHSD said:

I'm thinking that Sandeep borrowing her close attack and stoning for the trigger to make a target that he is engaged with slow and only able to target Amina (who might be 12 inches away and out of LoS) could be hilarious. 

How is Sandeep borrowing her close attack?

36 minutes ago, DrEvilmonki said:

Ah sweet, I have only just put him together. Hadn't even occurred to me to look at his wave 5.

Tutelage also gives him a zero action the puts a condition on friendly models until the end of the turn. The condition makes the model an Academic and gives them :+fate to Ca actions. I think I've got more mileage putting the condition on models for the :+fate than I have out of making them Academics or having Sandeep borrow actions. 

His other upgrade is a limited upgrade that lets him summon Banasuva as a trigger on his Gada attack. I didn't like it much when I tried it. Losing the ability to summon seems like it kills a lot of Sandeep's versatility. 

I actually just had a game on Monday where I was using Tutored with Amina, Greed, and Cassie for 4 models with access to min 4 damage Ca's (and Howard too to keep the theme going). It was vs Terrifying Dreamer in Extraction and won 10-8.  Few things can take a beating like this crew can hand out :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, retnab said:

I actually just had a game on Monday where I was using Tutored with Amina, Greed, and Cassie for 4 models with access to min 4 damage Ca's (and Howard too to keep the theme going). It was vs Terrifying Dreamer in Extraction and won 10-8.  Few things can take a beating like this crew can hand out :) 

How do you get min. 4 damage Ca on Cassie?

I'm glad to see this combo working so well! I have yet to acquire a Greed so I haven't been able to try this out yet.  Was Greed targeted pretty quickly?  I feel like he is the weakest link in this type of crew and have been wondering how to keep him safe.  Best I have thought of using is Well Rehearsed to give him pushes and pseudo-HtK. 

Nope, Greed survived the game. I had Howard and Cassie as my frontliners, both of them died but not before killing a Teddy and Coppelius, along with a handful of Daydreams.

Greed is the weak link for Cassie, since she can't Understudy Amina's Mountain of Paperwork, but as far as weak links go it's not too bad (and you have the benefit of so many big threats in the list I used it can be hard for your opponent to decide which one is the biggest problem).

• Like 1