Broken Promises PDF

Lucidicide

2 minutes ago, Mike Wallace said:

Hello! Did you enjoy that windstorm that hit most of central Alberta? I heard we're getting another tonight or tomorrow.

It was rather windy at work in SE Calgary but I have no windows in the office so I just ignored it lol Started up lots of brush fires though.

Love to have the PDF as always. Unfortunately, it looks like Broken Promises, unlike the previous M2E books, has the stat cards incorporated as images rather than as text, which means that the text of the stat cards isn't searchable in this book. I find the ability to search for terms like "Terrifying" or "Unimpeded" a really useful tool; was this a deliberate change in the way Wyrd is doing PDFs?

• Like 1

It is a deliberate change, but not for that reason. Loading them into the files as PDFs (instead of images) actually creates a ton more visual complexity, which makes the files bigger and much less likely to work on all devices. Images are simple files that work much better in readers and whatnot.

It didn't really occur to us that this would be a side-effect -- I didn't even know people did searches like that.

My guess is that it's unlikely to change, but I'll mention it in-office.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

It is a deliberate change, but not for that reason. Loading them into the files as PDFs (instead of images) actually creates a ton more visual complexity, which makes the files bigger and much less likely to work on all devices. Images are simple files that work much better in readers and whatnot.

It didn't really occur to us that this would be a side-effect -- I didn't even know people did searches like that.

My guess is that it's unlikely to change, but I'll mention it in-office.

For my two sense this is a HUGE drawback.  Losing the ability to search stat cards is big deal for me.  It also means you can't cut and past rules questions into the forums.

• Like 1

Even if it is likely to be irrelevant in a hobby that is as visually based as tabletop my job/intense contact to blind people forces me to mention it - pictures are fare less accessible, especially for screenreaders. I was really happy to see that all the text in the pdfs was accessible and thus screenreader compatible. Just raising awareness ;)

46 minutes ago, solkan said:

Around 4:00 today I received an e-mail:

Product Malifaux - Broken Promises - 2E has been updated

An updated version of this title is now available. It is the same as the old version, but the stat cards are now searchable and in text form instead of image form.

I can confirm!

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solkan said:

Around 4:00 today I received an e-mail:

Product Malifaux - Broken Promises - 2E has been updated

An updated version of this title is now available. It is the same as the old version, but the stat cards are now searchable and in text form instead of image form.

Thanks, @Aaron and company - you guys are the best!

I don't expect this to happen, since I'm sure  you have quite enough work to do already, but...

If you want to make the game more accessible for a variety of devices I know some people in my meta would love to see a 'naked' version of the books.  Basically a PDF that looks just like the beta sheets that are posted, but with the models final stats.  No pictures, no fluff, just the facts mam.