Getting started as a new player with the Neverborn?

DrDinocrusher

Hey folks, I've painted Malifaux minis for a number years as I really love a lot of the sculpts. However, I've never really gotten around to playing the game. Given that I have a fairly hefty collection of Neverborn and Ten Thunders at this point, I figured I may try to track down whatever my local Malifaux scene is and start playing. As part of that, I was wondering how to approach Neverborn list building. I have the following:

Lynch, Collodi, Dreamer, Lillith crews, (interested in getting Lucius and Titania as they both have very cool boxes)

Teddy

Lilth & Letu

Bunraku

Doppleganger

Insidious Madness

Stitched Together

(Lucius) Terracota Warriors, Guild Rifleman/Pathfinder

(Collodi) Coryphee

Is pretty much what I have for the Neverborn side of things. I'm planning on getting some Changelings but other than that I'm not really too sure how to approach list building since I'm in the unusual position of coming into Malifaux as a new player with a fairly extensive collection of units and masters already available! I'll be making a similar post over on the TT forum for that side of my collection. I'm looking forward to finally learning the game after painting the minis for so damn long haha.

You've got the core of an interesting Dreamer list there.  Take Dreamer, some Daydreams and [whatever cool stuff you like from other boxes], then summon in Nightmare models (i.e. Insidious Madness, Lelu, Lilitu and Stitched Together).

My experience with Lynch and Lilith suggests that they are quite agnostic about what goes in their crews and can run more or less whatever you find most amusing.  Lynch doesn't directly support anything apart from picking up Aces; you could use this to increase your chance of having a Mask for the Sprint ability on Terror Tots.  Lilith supports all your things equally by messing with the other player's crew.

I would hesitate to play Collodi without access to the Brutal (or Lucky) Effigy but otherwise it only supports Minions or Puppets so again you can pretty much pick anything in the crew.  For me, Collodi's best synergy with its crew is putting Slow (or Idle Hands) on as much of the other crew as possible and letting the rest of your own pieces do whatever wins you the game.

I don't think I've played any games with exactly the combination of miniatures you own so anything more specific would be theory-faux on my part.  Your best bet is probably to play a few games and assess what works well for you and what you feel you're missing in your crews.  Good luck, and (0) Welcome To Malifaux.

Lynch Crew Box is a pretty decent start with illuminated in them. You can flesh it out with Tots, Stitched, Doppleganger and Teddy. A little hodge podge for sure, but still very playable if you're not looking to get additional models. You could run Lilitu in place of a Beckoner for now. 

Lilith can run a similar Crew too, although you might want to expand to a more thematic crew in future. 

Both of these Crews start relatively straightforward, so are good as beginner Crews. 

Summoning Dreamer on the other hand, might require a bit more finesse, but you definitely have the models for it as mentioned by argentbadger