Monday Preview - The Commander

Nef

Boy oh boy is today a good Monday!  We are looking at some awesome new art from the upcoming Through the Breach book, Above the Law!  Check out some sweet new art and a little background below!

The Commander is one of the new Pursuits (i.e., classes) available in Above the Law. Commanders march into battle alongside subordinate troops, which they can attract to their service at the start of every session. This ensures that a Commander has a steady supply of expendable soldiers to do her bidding. As a Commander advances further into the Pursuit, she gains the ability to enhance the effectiveness of her soldiers and even call upon hidden snipers that she moved into position before the battle even started.

While most Commanders work for the Guild (they're found in the Guild expansion book, after all!), the Pursuit and the soldiers are generic enough to meet the needs of any character, no matter the faction with which she works. In the end, it's about sending good men and women to their deaths for the Commander's own benefit, and that's a cake that anyone can serve.

Wyrd_MondayPreview_10_16_2017.thumb.jpg.f83a92614bc162e2c745484dbbd925ce.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Kai said:

Now I have to come up with names for every single soldier when I play this pursuit...

you're doing it wrong then. You only name them post mortem. That way you don't get attached and the names are real easy to come up with. Drowny, stabbed-y, eaten-y... is this why I'm not allowed to lead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kai said:

Now I have to come up with names for every single soldier when I play this pursuit...

I approve of this notion.

2 hours ago, 7thSquirrel said:

you're doing it wrong then. You only name them post mortem. That way you don't get attached and the names are real easy to come up with. Drowny, stabbed-y, eaten-y... is this why I'm not allowed to lead?

Half the fun is naming the lobsters and waving back at them as they go into the pot!

Then you can put their method of dying as a title on them. For instance, Frankie the Drowned had a far more gentle fate than Alex the Eaten-while-still-Alive.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mason said:

Nope. Above the Law is going to go into more detail on the civilized areas of Malifaux City (geographical, social, political, etc.). The Neverborn book is going to be Knotwoods and Badlands.

Will the Neverborn book appear by the next summer or later?

2 hours ago, doombladez said:

I bet someone more creative than I am could come up with a great10 Thunders character concept for this pursuit.

2 hours ago, sandchigger said:

Cobra Kai instructor. 

Not going with Shredder with the Foot Clan off the bat? Tsk tsk.

6 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

*nyah-nyah's quite happily at the Neverborn supporters* :P

Vaguely surprised you aren't squealing at the thought of leading a stompybot legion.

• Haha 1