Nightmare Edition...no box

Due to the vagaries of our Postal system have only just taken delivery of my Gencon order....Curiosity Killed The Cat is even better as a model than the renders so am well happy....but....it came in a plastic bag but no box which was a bit of a disappointment as I really enjoy the box art and keep them even once the models are made....so how come no box ? ☹️

On 10/13/2017 at 7:06 AM, Burnin' Coal said:

Due to the vagaries of our Postal system have only just taken delivery of my Gencon order....Curiosity Killed The Cat is even better as a model than the renders so am well happy....but....it came in a plastic bag but no box which was a bit of a disappointment as I really enjoy the box art and keep them even once the models are made....so how come no box ? ☹️

Because occasionally Wyrd gets into a situation where they run out of boxes before they run out of models, and they figure that you'd rather have the models than a refund.  Especially if the sales for the model exceed what they were expecting--the production run is X sets of figures, and Y boxes, with the idea they'll order Z more boxes later.  (I think they have the boxes produced separately and do some packaging on their own.)

But usually they've included a card or note explaining that they ran out of boxes.  Did that possibly get lost somewhere?

@solkan...Aah....thanks for that....I can kind of see that....but if you know you're making "X" number of models then wouldn't it make sense to order "X" number of boxes ?....at the end of the day sure I would rather have models than a refund...but...the set wasn't cheap by any means even before shipping costs and import duties and having the renders to hand on the back of the box has frequently helped me during assembly so overall a bit of a disappointment

21 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

@solkan...Aah....thanks for that....I can kind of see that....but if you know you're making "X" number of models then wouldn't it make sense to order "X" number of boxes ?

Considering that there are two different prices and time schedules (and probably companies) for producing the figures and the boxes, I'd say otherwise.  It's also entirely possible that they did order the same number of boxes and models, and either boxes got damaged or the box shipment was split in to multiple shipments and not all of the boxes arrived on schedule.

However it happened, if you got sent a model without a box it's because they ran out of boxes.  

21 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

....at the end of the day sure I would rather have models than a refund...but...the set wasn't cheap by any means even before shipping costs and import duties and having the renders to hand on the back of the box has frequently helped me during assembly so overall a bit of a disappointment

Then you should probably contact Wyrd through their contact form, to see if they can either provide you with the box or the images of from the box.  

https://www.wyrd-games.net/contact

You'll want the "Damaged/Mispacked Products" form.