Returning.. maybe.

Obeisance

I haven't played a game this year. One of my friends moved away, my girlfriend stopped playing and there really wasn't many playing near me. Even then I was playing Gremlins

It looks like the game is making a bit of a resurgence and I'm toying with the idea of hopping back in.

I picked up the Reva box. I wanted to play her when she was announced. Now I will. I have no other wave four/five releases.

So any good Reva resources I can read around? 

Questions:

What does she typically take in 50ss?

If you were building a 50ss pair of fixed lists (without knowing the pool) what other master would you pair her with?

Schemes/strats she likes/dislikes?

There's a tournament in a few weeks and I'm thinking about playing.

1 hour ago, Obeisance said:

To compliment. 

Reva for X strats, z for y strats.

I really need to look at gg2017 again.

She's pretty flexible since she attacks all over the board and her candles help her push up the activation count a little. Necropunks doing claim jump means you really only need to focus on having one other scheme that your list can get done reliably in any pool. I guess a dedicated summoner would compliment her in gg17 but since the beta for gg18 currently looks like summons will not count for the new quarter strat so you could probably focus on Reva exclusively. She can usually even out the quarter strat by sneaking attacks at the opponent's squishier models that are just there to take their quarters.

2 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

Wowwww summons not counting for quarters. That's a kick in the zombie nuts.

It's not set in stone yet and they will still contribute by killing the opponent's models or scoring schemes. It's only fair since summoners start with exactly the same amount of soulstones as every other list (the new strat will be counting number of soulstones instead of number of models).

9 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Carrion Emissary, Yin the Penangalan, Asura Roten, Rotten Belle, Dead Doxy, Shieldbearers - these are the most common picks with Reva nowadays (but you won't play them all at once in one list probably). As for upgrades: My Little Helper on Yin and Asura, Decaying Aura on Reva. The rest is more situational. You want that one which adds a no-reduction trigger to your attack, unless you know for sure there will be no damage reduction tricks in opposing crew. You may consider Maniacal Laugh against Ressurs.

5 hours ago, Ludvig said:

It's not set in stone yet and they will still contribute by killing the opponent's models or scoring schemes. It's only fair since summoners start with exactly the same amount of soulstones as every other list (the new strat will be counting number of soulstones instead of number of models).

Plus, if you're just playing for fun, you can always just play with the basic strategies and schemes. Gaining Grounds is mostly just the tournament format.

19 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Questions:

If you were building a 50ss pair of fixed lists (without knowing the pool) what other master would you pair her with?

Schemes/strats she likes/dislikes?

There's a tournament in a few weeks and I'm thinking about playing.

As mentioned already, she likes our generic 'good stuff', such as our Emissary, Asura, Rotten Belles, as well as Yin. One of her strengths is that she isn't as restricted on characteristic synergies as some of our other masters are, so you can focus on bringing models that suit the scheme pool almost irrespective of characteristic or station.

I really like including a Nurse. She can put an even more debilitating debuff than Yin can with a Take your Meds :tome trigger. One of Reva's upgrades already lets her completely ignore Armour so the 'benefit' of the trigger is meaningless. One of my favourite uses is when I have drawn a few low :ram cards; put Hallucinogens on a Shieldbearer for the +2 damage, then have him swing with his sword. If you're losing the duel, cheat the trigger to deal 1 damage (now 3 damage) even if you fail the attack. 3 unavoidable damage.

Toshiro with My Little Helper & Command the Graves is great too. Between the Emissary's Walk buff, Toshiro giving Belles or your Nurse Fast (and Shieldbearers receiving Fast for free if Toshiro uses SS) your minions will be very quick. 

Most scheme pools favour killing and/or holding ground in one way or another, and for those Reva will be generally be good. She can quite happily solo a tournament. Still, if you did want another master to pair her with, I would probably suggest Yan Lo, Nicodem or Tara for the support and positional control they provide. There might be scheme pools where killing the opponent doesn't give you any VP, and in fact might even cost you VP (think Frame for Murder). In such pools it would be good to sub Reva out for a more tricksy master more capable of earning and denying VP.