Kai

Iron Painter 2017 - Round Two

7 hours ago, Zatch said:

ordered so many things, just waiting on it all to arrive

I may¬†have used this as an excuse to spend money on things I've wanted for a while ūüėā

I got lucky at IKEA tonight and snagged 4 bamboo boxes from the bargain area which I can use as plinths. This "saving" has further justified my exorbitant spending earlier in the day! 

Why is plastic crack so addictive? 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, icatsai said:

Why is plastic crack so addictive? 

That moment when you've got a finished paintjob is quite magical.

• Like 1

WIP... a little bit of tweaking of the NMM gold on the armor still to do, but very happy with the way it turned out. Then there's the rest of the mini to finish, and the base to do... And I'm getting married next weekend, so I'm shutting myself away this weekend to work on it.

20171012_232525-01.jpeg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Nonparity said:

Finally found my muse for the round 2! Lets get this mini done!

20171012_214214-1736x776.jpg

Nice, fishermen are the nicest team by far! Got them waiting as back up in case my sculpting completely fails in the end. Which is looking pretty likely from first couple tries.

• Like 2

Sigh - I got my board laid out, some sand down, and after searching through my minis still looking for the perfect one... may have to go to plan b if I can't find what I need - Wish I could sculpt!

Good luck with yours @Schism!

• Like 2

Tricky theme! Took me a while to decide what to do for this round.

I am finally getting started now. I have a delivery coming in tomorrow and one on Tuesday, and I raided my office for materials to use.  Hopefully everything will fit together nicely in the end.

Ooooh aaaah

Doing some experimenting. Turned out pretty cool looking, but not sure how much it looks like water :D 

water.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Whirler said:

Ooooh aaaah

Doing some experimenting. Turned out pretty cool looking, but not sure how much it looks like water :D 

water.jpg

Not really,no :D

In order to upgrade my paintiung process I start using a high tech modeling tool for rapid prototyping ...

37676910791_5f349398da_m.jpg

it's not so far from the final project .....

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

many project in the Wip Gallery... and other in this discussion... I don't know if my project respect fully the theme of round two, but I try. I'll use another skeleton warrior from the bits I posted in the First round. Soon as possible will post the gallery... and time runs...

9 hours ago, Demonn Agram said:

Not really,no :D

Aww, don't be jealous of my mad skills! I can put together a tutorial for you once the round is over :P

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Bozydar said:

Anyone has an idea how to make a water splash:) Looking for some inspiration :)

I haven't done this myself but it's on my list of things to try out at some point(when I have the time!):

https://sproketsmallworld.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/building-better-splash.html

Looks a fairly slow process but the results are pretty realistic. Hope it helps.

• Like 1

SHIT! I am going on a week long work trip and was hoping to take my painting supplies with me to paint in the hotel. the figure I ordered will come in the day after I leave.

going to have to find a back up in my collection of stuff I already have. It wont be what I wanted though :(