Which are Gremlins best scheme runners?

Zwergenkrieger

Hi all,

want to flesh out my collection and therefore need your advice concerning scheme runners. Which do you prefer?

Also, since I will take part in a tournament which starts with an Enforcer Brawl I like to hear your opinions on which enforcer to choose. I´m leaning towards Gracie simply due to rule of cool. Any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance

Best Enforcer for Enforcer Brawl imo is Raphael with Dirty Cheater. He's going to be cheaper than most other enforcers, so you're going to be getting bonus points against most opponents, reckless means you're pretty much never going to be on full wounds, but armour 1 and hard to kill make you pretty tough to take down so you aren't going to hand out points very easily (and when you do, hopefully they will be more expensive than you, so you only give em 3 rather than 4 for killing you) and ideally your opponents will take note of this and just not bother, allowing you to mop up kills with any decent rams you get. Gracie is similar but she is a bit slower and more expensive than most, so will be giving away a few more points.

Best scheme runners for Gremlins:

• Merris LaCroix, she can theoretically move 15" with flight and still drop a marker, she can do claim jump on her own for either a card or one wound for reckless. She's somewhat vulnerable to being counterattacked because she has no way to fight back once engaged in melee, but Df6 and exploding on death can make people wary.
  • Lots of Bayou Gremlins. At least two or three, usually to opposite ends of the centreline for Claim Jump. They're cheap, they can help you out activate your opponent, and if you need to, one can do Claim Jump on its own with Drunk and Reckless. Also, they're so cheap that you don't really care that much if you get counterattacked.
  • Fingers. He's the ultimate scheme piece, you take him if you REALLY want to get your schemes done and stop your opponent from getting theirs. He's a big investment but in certain pools, particularly things like Headhunter and Search the Ruins. He's also super hard to take down between his Loudest Squeel trigger and the ability to heal.
  • The First Mate. Like a more niche version of Merris, he's more resistant to counterattacks because Leap allows him to disengage really easily and he can fight back, but he also takes some more resources compared to Merris
  • Anyone with Reckless tbh.
  • Like 2

Bayou Gremlins also love the Pigapult (as an enabler), for any Schemes requiring markers in the opponent's half of the board (Leave Your Mark & Covert Breakthrough, as far as GG2017 goes). If you're summoning Bayous with Som'er, Inspection can be pretty easy, as you just fling replacements into the corners at the end of each turn (should the enemy kill your existing runners).

It's a big investment (8ss), but can facilitate a lot of hijinks. If you have a Ht1 Henchman, you can fling him/her upfield late game for Undercover Entourage. And it's just a silly thing if you have Interference as the Strategy, and can summon things (Bayous or Piglets).

There's a few models that become great for scheme running if you're taking a particular Master. Piglets with Ulix, Bayous with summoning Som'er, just about anything with Zoraida... :D

6 hours ago, HellecticMojo said:

^except slop hauler

I mean even a sloppy is useful for running schemes in a pinch, they can do Claim Jump on their own, or move 8" and drop a marker. Although if you're not using them to heal then you should probably be using them to fight.

Yeah interesting no one said lightning bugs. I mean a bug is only worse than basically a bayou in terms of efficiency of getting them down but is reckless wk 5, df 5, wp 5 with 6 wounds. Additionally the bug has the (0) tinkering with the unknown which I think is highly disregarded. It can heal/do damage(no flips)/cause a 1 ap free interact action/ or cause a wk12 slow duel.

In terms of scheming a bug can walk 15 and still interact if needed...what other model besides merris can do that? Also a bug can do quite a lot of damage for it's stones and ignores armor and incorporeal so it's a pretty good anti scheme runner (great vs gamin, effigy, voidlings which are some of the best scheme runners of other factions / popular masters).

11 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

Best scheme runners for Gremlins:

• Merris LaCroix, she can theoretically move 15" with flight and still drop a marker, she can do claim jump on her own for either a card or one wound for reckless. She's somewhat vulnerable to being counterattacked because she has no way to fight back once engaged in melee, but Df6 and exploding on death can make people wary.
  • Lots of Bayou Gremlins. At least two or three, usually to opposite ends of the centreline for Claim Jump. They're cheap, they can help you out activate your opponent, and if you need to, one can do Claim Jump on its own with Drunk and Reckless. Also, they're so cheap that you don't really care that much if you get counterattacked.
  • Fingers. He's the ultimate scheme piece, you take him if you REALLY want to get your schemes done and stop your opponent from getting theirs. He's a big investment but in certain pools, particularly things like Headhunter and Search the Ruins. He's also super hard to take down between his Loudest Squeel trigger and the ability to heal.
  • The First Mate. Like a more niche version of Merris, he's more resistant to counterattacks because Leap allows him to disengage really easily and he can fight back, but he also takes some more resources compared to Merris
  • Anyone with Reckless tbh.

That's a great list!

To expand on the last bullet, Raphael and Francois are both pretty amazing as Scheme Runners. Work well as a solo piece, can kill any other Scheme runner they come across (maybe barring A&D) and are quite hardy. Schemes give you VP and these guys can do those Schemes with extreme certainty. Worth considering!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 11:21 PM, lame0 said:

Yeah interesting no one said lightning bugs. I mean a bug is only worse than basically a bayou in terms of efficiency of getting them down but is reckless wk 5, df 5, wp 5 with 6 wounds. Additionally the bug has the (0) tinkering with the unknown which I think is highly disregarded. It can heal/do damage(no flips)/cause a 1 ap free interact action/ or cause a wk12 slow duel.

In terms of scheming a bug can walk 15 and still interact if needed...what other model besides merris can do that? Also a bug can do quite a lot of damage for it's stones and ignores armor and incorporeal so it's a pretty good anti scheme runner (great vs gamin, effigy, voidlings which are some of the best scheme runners of other factions / popular masters).

it fell in the purview of "anyone with reckless"

29 minutes ago, Ikiwith said:

Does anyone has tried merris with an iron skeeter? Merris with fast can drop 3 schemes marker per turn, I think that it's the easiest way to perform setup scheme, or other similar to this. I would like try at least one time.

I use Aionus to give her fast and drop 3 scheme markers each to feed Ulix. (3 from Meris and 3 from Aionus). Easy way to make two warpigs.

6 minutes ago, Clement said:

Merris and the Skeeter don't do anything together.  The Skeeter's movement trick requires them to be non-flying

:-( I don't have the card with my own, I remembered height 1 and non-master but I didn't remember the non-flight requerimiento. Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eorek said:

no one mentions Trixiebelle? Her (0) oo presents for me can be really useful for alot of schemes (I am looking at you set up)
+ the fact that she gives you alot of control of where your and your  opponents models are with lure.

and reckless and III omens (it's always great have the chance of start a turn).