Lore

Ehy guys! 
I'm new to the forum, even if I use to lurk a lot the Wyrd site.
I bought my first crew, Perdita, 2 years ago (more or less). I've never played because my friends weren't charmed by Malifaux, but now I'm trying to give it a new shot, trying to convince them (and it seems I'm winning this time!). Now, while I read the 2nd Edition rulebook, I'd love to get the WHOLE lore behind Malifaux, but I'd prefer to spend my money in miniatures instead of the old books, and I can't stand the podcast because I'm italian and I can't get them as much as I would do reading (no probs with it). What/how should I do? :/ 
PS: Sorry if my english isn't on point! 
PPS: Reading the whole lore would help me to choose my faction aswell!

Chronicles is a free magazine with at least 1 malifaux story every edition which you can get from drivethrough, but the stories in the rulebooks is only published in the rule books (both hard and electrical) or on the Breachside broadcast. I don't know if they have even been published in Italian. 

I know someone has done some work on a lore wiki, but I think its where the stories are available from and who they are about. 

So you have 4 choices as far as I can see - not read all the lore, buy the old rulebooks, find someone near you who has the old stories you can borrow, or have to listern to the Podcast extra carefully to get the stories. 

20 minutes ago, Adran said:

Chronicles is a free magazine with at least 1 malifaux story every edition which you can get from drivethrough, but the stories in the rulebooks is only published in the rule books (both hard and electrical) or on the Breachside broadcast. I don't know if they have even been published in Italian. 

I know someone has done some work on a lore wiki, but I think its where the stories are available from and who they are about. 

So you have 4 choices as far as I can see - not read all the lore, buy the old rulebooks, find someone near you who has the old stories you can borrow, or have to listern to the Podcast extra carefully to get the stories. 

Thank you! 
To be honest, I think I'm the only one in my whole city/region that play Malifaux (not even a toy library here), so I guess the third option isn't avaible. The first one is so sad, the second one is the last choice, and the last one is sooo hard. I'm so upset.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...