Hans and his uses.

Elementrix

Hans needs so many "ifs" to be useful. Also never understood why he doesn't have a natural :+fatelike all other sniper Characters or Out of the Shadow. Out of the Shadows would probably have been a better addition to Advanced Sight than the +1Wk. 

Sniping a totem is cool but intensive and unreliable. Also consider it will probably take a Severe damage to one shot. 

I have had some success with Hans in Jack Daw crews by making him tormented and using the pushes and obeys from Jack to get more use from him.  Also opens up the very card intensive option of copying the ability to give Jack the Ping condition then copying the gun (possibly focused) to shoot off a key master upgrade bypassing their ability to discard 2 cards to stop the shot.  That trick works even better with Tara as she has a native SH action but it unfortunately requires Hans to be buried.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rogue1 said:

I have had some success with Hans in Jack Daw crews by making him tormented and using the pushes and obeys from Jack to get more use from him.  Also opens up the very card intensive option of copying the ability to give Jack the Ping condition then copying the gun (possibly focused) to shoot off a key master upgrade bypassing their ability to discard 2 cards to stop the shot.  That trick works even better with Tara as she has a native SH action but it unfortunately requires Hans to be buried.

Which upgrade do you put on Hans in this case?

Scout the Field, when you burn it, allows you to take a Sh action, ignoring line of sight, though cover is applied as normal.  Its why focusing Hans is so important, to let him negate the cover.  So ideally you "I Pay Better" focus, then 1 AP focus, then shoot, so you're still at a + on attack and damage

I have had some luck with running Hans in a Levi crew.  He provides a solid backfield safety anchor for one of the waifs and since one of my common opponents plays Gremlins, he is a threat to most things on the boards which gives me substantial board control from an elevated position (everything is scurrying from cover to cover).