Monthly painting challenge -- October

prof_bycid

Welcome to the October painting challenge. 

What is this?:  This is a friendly painting community, not a competition.  Remember that this is a fan-based thing only, and is not sponsored or approved by Wyrd in any way (i.e., screw-ups are on me, not them.). 

Rules:   Models count for the month in which you finish them.  Everyone may fail to make their monthly goal twice and stay in the challenge, but that means it is now too late to sign up this year. 

Tracking sheet: can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUeZczizoFoMjwVDcJVpJtYkKiRvTOf5HpniRHrmijU/edit?usp=sharing

Posting:  At the START of the month: post a photo of your unpainted minis and any plans for them you have.  In the MIDDLE of the month: post work in progress photos if you want, or just banter about ideas.  At the END of the month: post your finished models and the Soul Stone Cost painted, and I will get this on the tracking sheet.  Post this by the end of the month.  And include the total soul stones painted. 

We are down to about half of those brave souls who started.  Good work hanging in there everyone left!  Okay, ready, ..., and go!

Alright, got a WIP leg up on a lot of models this month. Now I just need to actually feel like finishing those pesky trees instead of starting even more new minis. ;) But yeah, lots of WIP with at least the bases already finished:
- 3x Waldgeist (3x6 = 18 SS)
- Mr. Graves (7 SS)
- Alternate Nekima (13 SS)
- Aeslin (9 SS)
- Autumn Knights (3x7 = 21 SS)
- Nothing Beast (10 SS)
- Mature Nephilim (11 SS)

I don't expect to finish a lot of this since I'll be on vacation in the latter half of october, but my puny Henchman pledge looks very doable.

YTv9BSh.jpg

And then 16 more minis assembled, some of them primed already (Karina + Void Wretches, Alt Taelor, Alt Barbaros, Alt Kaeris, Alt Firestarter, 2 Death Marshals, 3 December Acolytes, Essence of Power, Snow Storm, Wendigo)... I really should pause buying stuff.

• Like 1

For the Best and Most Spooky of Months, I have a split theme of monster and classic horror movies. As such, I'll be finishing up Titania (15) and Barbaros (10), adding the Thorn (7) and Aeslin (9), then switching to a Resser focus with 3 Flesh Constructs (the standard, a wolfman made of the largeest zombie, and a mummy I'll be making out of McMourning since I prefer Dufresne's scuplt. 18ss), the Chihuahua (2), 2 canine remains (one standard, one made of Iggy Pup. 8ss), Sebastian (7), alt Rafkin (assuming I can find where I hid her. 7ss), a nurse (5), and maybe, if I get done with all that, my Ramone mounted guard for Lucius to use (7)

Grand total: 95ss

large.20171001_182130.jpg.638d6cc8aaf1f9f454d519e3c4a393ac.jpg

• Like 2

I'm actually taking an initial pic of what I'm working on this month!

IMG_0277.thumb.jpg.2aa72e1b28a6b55c5cd9d860c4fc6eb3.jpg

On my painting bench right now I've got:

• 2 Silurids (14)
  • Iggy (5)
  • Bandersnatch (5)
  • Miss Ery (11)
  • Zoraida (15)
  • Rusty Alyce (10)
  • Voodoo Doll (3)
  • Hollow Waif (? I forgot how many points a 0ss peon would be...)

Oh and Bad Juju but I forgot to get him in the picture

So I'm aiming for 71 + Hollow Waif. I have a lot more waiting to be assembled so I might end up getting some of those done instead.

• Like 1

My models for this month are:

* 2 dead bandits (2x6 SS)

* Viktoria of Ashes (15SS)

* Viktoria of Blood (¿? SS)  . I'm not very sure if Viktoria of Blood is 9 SS because she's a Henchman, 3 SS because it's her caché or 0 SS because it's the value printed.

* Vanessa (8 SS)

* Taelor (10 SS)

* Hanged (9 SS)

So the total of SS depends on Vik of Blood, what value should I give her?

My pledge this month shall be Burt Jebson (7SS), Colette (15SS), and a Moleman (4SS)*. Plus whatever round 2 Iron Painter turns out to be - assuming I choose a Wyrd model for this.

*Pledge subject to change. I have a couple tourneys coming up, and I may decide that I need something bumped up in the paint queue.

Pictures incoming, once I get home.

Adding the (blurry) pic of my pledge:
medium.59d3c40d9e35c_SeptPledge.JPG.39e4

Finished Lilitu just in time to enter her into Iron Painter. (7 points) She's not the best model I've produced this year and yet she's the only one I'm entering into an online competition which feels weird. I'm happy with her in a look good on the table kind of way but she's pretty sad for a competition--the Theme forced me to try new things which is good I guess. Anyway, I decided it would be more lame to not enter anything (after committing to it) than to hold her back so Bronze Tier here I come.

Iron_Painter_Rd_1_Lilitu.jpg

• Like 3

I wanted to take pictures of what I wanted to paint this month, but days are passing by and I haven't taken any picture yet. So I'll just use words before shame hits me.

There are some half finished minis I want to be done. I'll start with the Malifaux child and after that one of the following: either Johan, Electric creation, or Steamfitter.