Roosters

Chev Chelios

26 minutes ago, Chev Chelios said:

I hoping to do a barnyard themed crew.I know that there is what works best then there is what looks cool.

If you're looking for barnyard, Ulix is the place to start. He's the resident pig expert. Pigs, pigs and more pigs are where he's strong.... And to be fair there are a LOT of pigs. Aren't many other barnyard animals per se. Unless you consider Bayou Gators farm animals!

4 minutes ago, the tick said:

If you're looking for barnyard, Ulix is the place to start. He's the resident pig expert. Pigs, pigs and more pigs are where he's strong.... And to be fair there are a LOT of pigs. Aren't many other barnyard animals per se. Unless you consider Bayou Gators farm animals!

But will the Roosters work well with Ulix?

9 hours ago, HellecticMojo said:

Yes, even with the nerf that took Reckless away, they are one of the best models in the faction.

I disagree they are a bit of a liability and without the ability to kill them with reckless and such they are more hassle than they are worth. Why not take pere for the same 6 ss he has a longer charge range, has reckless and has critical strike +1 wound and is less likely to destroy your crew. 

Also all the big 7ss models overshadow the roosters (Frank, Burt, swine-cursed, & taxidermist) due to a combination of reckless, resilience, damage & summoning.

The models are cool it's just they nerfed it a little too hard.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lame0 said:

I disagree they are a bit of a liability and without the ability to kill them with reckless and such they are more hassle than they are worth. Why not take pere for the same 6 ss he has a longer charge range, has reckless and has critical strike +1 wound and is less likely to destroy your crew. 

Also all the big 7ss models overshadow the roosters (Frank, Burt, swine-cursed, & taxidermist) due to a combination of reckless, resilience, damage & summoning.

The models are cool it's just they nerfed it a little too hard.

All the 7 SS models you've described are doing completely different things from what the roosters are doing because the roosters have a gun and have faster base speed. Also 7SS is stronger than 6 SS, who would've thunk it? Roosters should be seen as independent free agents and that's where their value should be. They outclassed everything barring Francoix and Burt (because what the hell does)  back when they had reckless.

As for comparison to pere, pere's stats are not comparable. Pere is not a flanking harassment/scheme runner. His stats are too awful for that. I'm also not really understanding this "roosters going out of control are killing my own stuff" complains in this thread. Just activate them when appropriate? If they are being flankers then only thing they should charge legally is the opponent scheme runner they are gunning for anyway or the thing that hurt them anyway. If the fight gets dragged to your own line, just bayou two card/cheat down to fail then heal it up with the slop hauler? If you want to talk about liability, Pere is always a greater liability since he can be pushed/obeyed into your own line to be killed and there's no way for you to work around if he self destructs around you.

• Like 1

I still enjoy using a rooster as a missile every once in a while. Their 15' charge range means that they can start on a flank and switch to the middle of the board at any time. Just be sure you have them surrounded by your enemies. That way you will have one more thing to pressure your opponent. Anyone that has had a rooster rampage and kill 2 or 3 models of their crew on an activation KNOWS that if you attack a rooster, you must finish it!

• 4 weeks later...

I play Zoraida and am putting her into a tournament (my 2nd ever) soon most likely as gremlins over neverborn, where I play her more.  I understand her obey with their charge is decent, but with the new upgrade to use charge on most anyone (with high mask) are they worth taking?  What gremlin Z list would put roosters into?  Obviously scheme pool changes this a bit.

On 10/27/2017 at 4:15 AM, Drunken Kung Fu Kid said:

Try Roosters with Aionus. =)

you could do basically the same thing with swine-cursed is the issue in my mind ( 22 inch range (rooster) vs 20 (swined-cursed)) I'd rather a model that can heal itself and ignores a bunch of stuff with df 6 & an extra wound. Only reason I see to play the rooster is with Brewmaster or Zoraida to get that nice out of activation charge.

9 hours ago, lame0 said:

you could do basically the same thing with swine-cursed is the issue in my mind ( 22 inch range (rooster) vs 20 (swined-cursed)) I'd rather a model that can heal itself and ignores a bunch of stuff with df 6 & an extra wound. Only reason I see to play the rooster is with Brewmaster or Zoraida to get that nice out of activation charge.

Swine cursed cannot reactivate tho. 

I recently played a funny game and I tryed to overcome my fears and take a Glowy Rooster after so many games of not doing it XD.
Glowy reactivating Rooster and  2 Swinecursed all starting next to Aionus. 

We called it in the middle of turn 3 cause the swine-chicken-trio just destroyed the enemy mei crew. Aionus, Wong and big brain brin hardly did anything other then provide fast and reactivate and doing claimjump + extraction after the massacre. I lost both swinecursed and the Rooster by turn 3 aswell tho.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Drunken Kung Fu Kid said:

Swine cursed cannot reactivate tho. 

I recently played a funny game and I tryed to overcome my fears and take a Glowy Rooster after so many games of not doing it XD.
Glowy reactivating Rooster and  2 Swinecursed all starting next to Aionus. 

We called it in the middle of turn 3 cause the swine-chicken-trio just destroyed the enemy mei crew. Aionus, Wong and big brain brin hardly did anything other then provide fast and reactivate and doing claimjump + extraction after the massacre. I lost both swinecursed and the Rooster by turn 3 aswell tho.

That sounds fun lol. One thing though swine-cursed can be reactivated by a hog whisperer.

Somer 

- family tree 

- encouragement

Aionus

2x swine-cursed

hog whisperer 

slop hauler 

3x bayou 

Lol this would cause such a stupid alpha turn 1 or a much better one turn 2.

t1 

Between somer, 6x bayous & slop waste 8 activations. Last 2 bayou shoots somer up the board 12-16 inches.(somer has do it like this for masks).

Both Swine-cursed walk up ~13.5 inches & transform. Hog whisperer goes fast & reckless. walks 10 & gives both reactivate. (10+2+1.5)

Walk Aionus up 10 within 4 of both swine-cursed. 

Now you have 2 4 ap swine-cursed that are already 13.5 inches up the board charging in on your 13th & 14th activation. 

Encouragement is there to help the hog whisperer & swine-cursed hit those low tns most of the time without needing help from cheating.

If you alpha turn 2 its easier because you can turn into a pig turn 1 and just set you self up for 2x 7ap swine-cursed( less card intensive as well)

1 hour ago, lame0 said:

That sounds fun lol. One thing though swine-cursed can be reactivated by a hog whisperer.

Somer 

- family tree 

- encouragement

Aionus

2x swine-cursed

hog whisperer 

slop hauler 

3x bayou 

Lol this would cause such a stupid alpha turn 1 or a much better one turn 2.

t1 

Between somer, 6x bayous & slop waste 8 activations. Last 2 bayou shoots somer up the board 12-16 inches.(somer has do it like this for masks).

Both Swine-cursed walk up ~13.5 inches & transform. Hog whisperer goes fast & reckless. walks 10 & gives both reactivate. (10+2+1.5)

Walk Aionus up 10 within 4 of both swine-cursed. 

Now you have 2 4 ap swine-cursed that are already 13.5 inches up the board charging in on your 13th & 14th activation. 

Encouragement is there to help the hog whisperer & swine-cursed hit those low tns most of the time without needing help from cheating.

If you alpha turn 2 its easier because you can turn into a pig turn 1 and just set you self up for 2x 7ap swine-cursed( less card intensive as well)

It kinda feels so wrong for me to take swinecursed for alphastriken outside of wong. I just always think: "why dont I have Ooh Glowy?"