Warped reality

Le gob

13 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

They really should have added 'ignoring other restrictions'. It's not like they didn't have the room.

They probably shouldn't have, as that would have let Enforcers attach another upgrade as well.

I would say the phrase on the upgrade saying it can be attached to neverborn minions is enough to allow it to be attached to a neverborn minion. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 1:04 PM, Le gob said:

Hi,
The Warped reality upgrade says:
This Upgrade can only be attached to Neverborn Minion or Neverborn Enforcer models in the same Crew as Serena Bowman.

How do I attach it to a minion? As the upgrade doesn't state an exception to allow it to be attached to a minion.

Suppose the upgrade said "This upgrade can only be attached to Neverborn Minion models" or "This upgrade can be attached to Neverborn Minion models".  Would you have any doubts on that being attached to a minion model?

Do keep in mind the "Breaking the Rules" callout in the rulebook.

3 hours ago, Adran said:

They probably shouldn't have, as that would have let Enforcers attach another upgrade as well.

I would say the phrase on the upgrade saying it can be attached to neverborn minions is enough to allow it to be attached to a neverborn minion. 

I was actually very sad when they changed it so Enforcers couldn't attach another upgrade...  I kinda understand why though...

19 hours ago, OakleyBrave said:

I have found that throwing it on a silurid on corner deployment and having it do claim jump is 8 points im willing to spend and it also forces you're opponent to deal with it or give up 3 vp

Silurids can do that without buying the upgrade anyway. the double walk and leap on turn 1 gets them able to drop a marker within 2" of the centerline at about 6" from 1 corner. And sinec they can't interact on turn 1 with warped reality, you are trading 1 ss upgrade for passing the leap which needs a 5 or higher

• Like 1

I played it last night and had it on 2 gupps and a mature, on Standard deployment. Having a mature nephilim sat just behind a building 8" away from my opponent was a big threat and made him think twice about moving forward. Especially with the ability to get daydreams within range to push the nephilim so it can charge.

I also had in mind to use Serena Bowman to use her Black Blood Tendrils through the nephilim, giving her a possible 17" range (12" to the Nephilim, 50mm base, then 3" from there).

• 1 month later...

Converting models to nightmares also makes them synergistic with Dreamer. Bultungins with this + Dreamer's...empty night? is that the name of the ability? Anyway, the one that lets them push and take a 1 ap action lets the bultungin push, do their 2 ap attack, then do their 1 ap attack...which can trigger for another 2 ap attack. 

2 hours ago, AgentRock said:

Converting models to nightmares also makes them synergistic with Dreamer. Bultungins with this + Dreamer's...empty night? is that the name of the ability? Anyway, the one that lets them push and take a 1 ap action lets the bultungin push, do their 2 ap attack, then do their 1 ap attack...which can trigger for another 2 ap attack. 

Dreamer can do everything to Minions that he can to Nightmares. The only synergies it opens up for minions are On Dreaming Wings and Daydream pushes.

I used it last night in a game of Headhunter and put it on a mature and two young nephilim.

It was flank deployment and I deployed first with the Mature on one side and the two young on the other. My opponent deployed his entire crew on the side with the two young, away from the mature. 

Dreamer activated, created two day dreams and gave the mature fast. I already had a daydream, so what ensued was 3 pushes on the mature getting it in range so I could charge. The result was 4 damage on his Mysterious emissary, a beckoner and the doppelganger. (had some lucky tomes for charge through, twice!). Turn 2, a dead emissary and beckoner and my opponent going defensive and trying to disengage his doppelganger.

It also meant I could cast Black Blood Tendrils through them for even more damage, and heal them up when needed. Also, giving black blood to my doppelganger and getting her up in the opponents crew pinging Black Blood Tendrils through was awesome.

• Like 1

Bandersnatch with from the shadows can be a lot of fun if you run a Doppelganger to ensure activating the bandersnatch First. 

Also lilithu can Provide really Nice movement to your Master Ehen deployed ahead. 

Stiched together can Hit so hard Turn 1 😄

Also, warped Reality can make getting the Queens Champion onto the right Model a lot easier. 

• Like 2

So I've played a few games with Serena and 3 models warped. It's really more of a deal then I thaught. I was only used to snipers with from the shadows and they pretty much got killed after a few shots, cause they were overextended or if I didnt put them to far ahead, they had limited use.

With serena those problems dont really matter to much. First of all a huge part of your crew can be from the shadows and that means the fts model isnt unprotected anymore cause it's not alone anymore. I thaught the master would fall behind but then I discovered that lilitu and a dopple can basicly make the master fts aswell and having lures with fts is great as a threat aswell. This is a huge deal! Also some masters benefit a lot from the movement lilithu provides to them while she is in the middle of the board. I love to play this with pandora, because pandoras built in mobility kind of only comes to play once she reaches 12" to her enemies and lilithu can pull pandora to the middle and save a lot of pandoras pathetic walking ap. I can still take graves and it adds up on pandoras mobility a lot. Zoraida is really mobile on her own, therefore I played warped on some combat focused models. I can tell you it's fun to bring a dopple and a teddy, cheat initiative, fly up with zoraida and charge teddy, then activate teddy as the second activation and flurry. Also obey pairs pretty well with terrifying. I think serena is kind of a patch to the Nekima > other beaters imbalance in neverborn. Teddy or mature provide huge threat with fts and while nekima is flexible the enforcer beaters can not play another role in neverborn, which is fts threat and protecting other fts models.

I'm trying Lilith with the land consumes and this crew today. I wanna see how much I can mine the extraction zone before the enemy arrives.