Australian Malifaux Nationals 2018

Dhampir

Spring is here and that means it's time to prepare for the Australian Malifaux Nationals at Cancon 2018.

The Australian Malifaux Nationals is an annual event held during CanCon in the wonderful city of Canberra. It is Australia's (2nd) largest and most diverse tournament in Australia and is a great chance to test your skill against a broad range of players from all around the country. The Nationals are for both beginner and experienced players alike.

Date: 26th - 27th Jan 2018

Where: Cancon 2018 - Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC), Corner of Flemington Road and Northbourne Avenue, Mitchell, ACT, 2911

Tournament Details: 6 games, Fixed Faction, 50ss crews

Tournament Organiser: Sebastian/Dhampir

Email: admin@malifauxcanberra.org

Master of Ceremonies: Kakwah and Robbo have kindly agreed to host the pre and post game celebration drinkies. If you provide them your mobile number they will ring you until you cave-in and agree to go drinking.

CanCon troubles: If you have any problems with ticketing or the broader Cancon venue, contact Tim - cgsinc@tpg.com.au

Entry fee: $60 for two days ($50 for one day, or just an additional $10 if you are already playing in another tournament.)

Player pack: http://malifauxcanberra.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Malifaux-Nationals-2018-player-pack.pdf

Ticket available from: http://www.cgs.asn.au/cancon/tournament/

Don't Miss Out!!!
A gentle reminder, ticket sales for Cancon 2017 ended abruptly with many players missing out on a chance to join in. So a word of caution, if your thinking of coming along don't hesitate too long. 

If you have any questions or would like more information, don't hesitate to get in contact.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In case you are still undecided about coming to the Malifaux Nationals here's a little sweetner. All ticket sales before the 10th of January will receive (thanks to Jackal Laser Designs) four 50mm Gaining Grounds markers (three Strategy Markers and one Supply Wagon);

and thanks to Module-R Terrain, a small MDF wagon to sit atop your Wagon Marker.

wagon-1.jpg

wagon-2.jpg

So get your ticket quick before it's too late.

23 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

This sounds amazing, I have friends in Canberra, I should consider this for 2019 if it's an annual event?

It's about the fifth or sixth time that it's been run, but the first time as the nationals. The swag this year looks amazing. It's a great weekend, mostly a mix of Vic, NSW and ACT players, but the occasional from further afield.

• Thanks 1

Is the swag for entering both days? I'm interested in playing the Friday, but can't do the Saturday cause I'm TOing for Batman Miniatures. I can just pay as normal for the one day and play right? Had a blast last year and I'd love to take part again

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2018 at 10:27 PM, Rygnan said:

Is the swag for entering both days? I'm interested in playing the Friday, but can't do the Saturday cause I'm TOing for Batman Miniatures. I can just pay as normal for the one day and play right? Had a blast last year and I'd love to take part again

Yep for single day entry as well. You just need to purchase a ticket ASAP (my cut off to send the designs to the printer is Sunday evening). Everyone who has bought a ticket by then will get the tokens and wagon included. 

On 01/01/2018 at 10:37 AM, Scatterbrain said:

This sounds amazing, I have friends in Canberra, I should consider this for 2019 if it's an annual event?

Yep, run annually and my plans for 2019 should be even more epic. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...