Faux at the Forge - 12th November, Warrington

Cleezy

Hi all,

So it is with great pleasure I can announce my first tournament. This will take place on Sunday November 12th at Stormforge hobbies and games in Warrington, the store itself is really easy to get to as it is not far from the M62 motorway.

Anyway the event itself will be a 16 player, 3 round, 50ss fixed faction tournament using the gaining grounds 17 pack. A guilder for each participating member will be awarded and there will be prize support in the form of Wyrd mystery boxes that will be raffled off at the end of the day. There will also be a trophy for the winner, the best painted crew and a lovely spoon for the unfortunate soul that comes last.

The placings will be submitted to the rankings and wave 5 proxies will be considered if OK'd by myself prior to the event. Tickets are £12.50 each and are available https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/faux-at-the-forge-tickets-38202631098here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/faux-at-the-forge-tickets-38202631098 lunch is provided. If you have any specific dietary recommendations/allergies etc. please let me know in advance and we will provide an alternative.

I will update the post in due course with the encounters for each round and with any further information.

The address for the store is Unit 6, Lineva House, Milner Street, Warrington WA5 1AD. There is parking on site but please consider that other units do use these spaces (there is also some additional parking available alongside the building).

The schedule for the day is currently looking like:

10-10:30 - Registration/welcome
10:30-12:45 - Round 1
12:45-1:15 - Lunch/Best painted vote
1:15-3:15 - Round 2
3:30-5:45 - Round 3
6 - Awards/raffle and goodbyes

Entrants
1) Steve Montagu-Cairns (paid)
2) Radek Bry (paid)
3) Jack Mooney (paid)
4) Stephen Gaskell (paid)
5) Cai Bird (paid)
6) Kevin Gillett (paid)
7) Matthew Jones (paid)
8) Greg Piskosz (paid)
9) Chris Colley (paid)
10) Mike Arnold (paid)
11) Paul Butler +1 (paid)
13) Jai Hampson (paid)
14) Mike Raines (paid)
15) Chris Gilboy (paid)
16) Mark Chennell (paid)

Any questions feel free to ask and I look forward to seeing you all in November :) 
Carl

• Like 1

The tournament has now sold out, thank you all for the support so far. There will be a reserves list in case anybody has to unfortunately drop out of the event.

The prize pack arrived today and there is a little pic of the goodies on my twitter @Thecleez

I am going to generate the encounters over the next few days (last weekend was the plan but it became a hectic one) and then get them posted up.

Cheers,
Carl

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, Reservoir Dog said:

Can you put me down on the reserve list please. Totally forgot I wanted to come to this until just seeing the post.

I will add you to the list bud, if any drop out you are first in line to replace them.

Quick update:

The encounters you will be playing are as follows.

Round 1
Standard deployment
Guard the stash
Claim jump
Dig their graves
Leave your mark
Hunting party
Search the ruins

Round 2
Corner deployment
Headhunter
Claim jump
dig their graves
Accusation
undercover entourage
Mark for death

Round 3
Flank deployment
Collect the bounty
Claim jump
Frame for murder
Leave your mark
Show of force
Last stand

Enjoy :D 

Tournament week hype :)

Roll on Sunday for a day of Malifaux. Just an FYI regarding the venue, the store is within an industrial unit next door to the Warrington Royal Mail depot, upstairs and first right. You will know you are at the right place as there is a Kung Fu academy and haridressers on the bottom floor occupying the window space.

See you all on Sunday.

Awesome day yesterday, 14 players some absolute bloodbaths and some very competitive matches. Everything was really tight from the winner to the best painted crew there was very little in it.

1st Radek Bry
2nd Craig Colley
3rd Paul Butler
Best painted: Cai Bird
Spoon: Mike Raines

Plenty taking in and to learn from (it was only my first tourney as a TO), definitely taken away ideas how to make the events better. More to come soon and I cannot wait. Cheers all for the support.