If you were the Errata man...

KingCrow

3 hours ago, Bane said:

Most of the other Frozen Heart models are overpriced, none more than the Blessed of December. Make that thing 7 or 8ss.

I’d say the Ice Golem has it beat as far as being overpriced.

The Blessed is right in there with the Cerberus. The Cerberus hits a little harder but the Blessed probably ends up being tougher to kill with Hard to Wound and Eat Your Fill. I definitely like the leap on the Blessed better. If one of then is overpriced then both of them probably are.

11 hours ago, Bane said:

Everyone clamoring for the nerf to Sandeep's Beacon is just blowing my mind. Not sure why in this age of Wave 5 and power creep you're now trying to tone down one of our Masters that levels the playing field.

If Acolytes were 8ss, no one would take them. 7ss is right for them.

Most of the other Frozen Heart models are overpriced, none more than the Blessed of December. Make that thing 7 or 8ss.

Buff or reduce Cojo's cost.

The Captain is far too expensive with his upgrade at 12ss. He should be 10ss, upgrade should be a 0ss upgrade, or else Captain 9 / upgrade 1ss, so it counts for Show of Force.

Madness,

The Blessed is a great choice for the price. It always does a great job for me, It is a very reliable leap, it has a good range of triggers and it can be very hard to shift. It kills enemy scheme runners without breaking a sweat, and destroys support almost effortlessly. It can take on lone targets pretty well, and it easily escapes from models that it can't take on. But I know I quite like denying the enemy what they normally consider "easy points", so the blessed is a great way to kill most of the models people use to score Claim Jump, for example.

I agree on the captain, I can't justify him in very many cases, his upgrade is too much. I don't like Cojo, but I am not sure if its his cost or abilities. 

13 minutes ago, Adran said:

I don't like Cojo, but I am not sure if its his cost or abilities. 

I think with Cojo it’s either or. If he was cheaper it wouldn’t bug me so much to only get a good turn or two out of him or plan to support him with other models. At his current price I think he needs like Impossible to Wound and Laugh Off to pull his weight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2017 at 12:13 PM, Jafar said:

Nerf:
Sandeep - one of his summmons gives [+] to attack only for minions and gamins / switched his ability to get 1 more AP to get [+] to next flip or push. Maybe reduce cache
Ox mages - too good price for what those models do. 

I agree with @Jafar. I play regularely against Arcanists and Sandeep has it too easy. Just a little something nice, would be to add a :tome in his TNs, even if you give him the same :tome in the cast, so counterspell would work on him (yep, him and his crew of magicians are immune to counterspell). And maybe add the need for something more to summon. 3 of my friends played random teams against sandeep (not knowing what the opponent plays) and every time the Sandeep crew was a counterpick.

The 3 oxfordians are by far the best models you can hire for 5ss. They can do everything very well (Ca 6), have good defenses and arcane shield, 7Wd with the free item, can push up to 16" and have up to 4 actions in the turn. Thats what I expect for a 7-8 SS model, not a 5ss one.

1 hour ago, Le gob said:

The 3 oxfordians are by far the best models you can hire for 5ss. They can do everything very well (Ca 6), have good defenses and arcane shield, 7Wd with the free item, can push up to 16" and have up to 4 actions in the turn. Thats what I expect for a 7-8 SS model, not a 5ss one.

4 actions per turn? how do you figure that, they can get 3 with the furious casting but that's all i see 

5 minutes ago, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

They have a (0) attack, I suppose he means the melee mage who can do furious casting and his (0) while in cac

except you can't use :ranged actions while engaged, so if he can use furious casting to full extent then yes, i guess the only way i can see that possible is if you shoot them and push the target into melee, but next turn you will only be able to do (0) 1/2/3 soo, it's not efficient :( 

11 minutes ago, Thottbot said:

except you can't use :ranged actions while engaged, so if he can use furious casting to full extent then yes, i guess the only way i can see that possible is if you shoot them and push the target into melee, but next turn you will only be able to do (0) 1/2/3 soo, it's not efficient :( 

One of them got an item with which he can use his :ranged10 bolt action as a :melee2 action. This one (at least) got his 4 actions.

17 minutes ago, bedjy said:

One of them got an item with which he can use his :ranged10 bolt action as a :melee2 action. This one (at least) got his 4 actions.

that is true, but still not great, oxfordian mages die easily from melee.

i only play arcanists and sadly i play oxfords too often and i've never actually used mages in melee, if the enemy gets into melee they usually two hits a mage :(

So the errata has dropped and every single item was a buff, neat!  Bit sad that only one thing I was eyeing as needing changes got some (Ice Golem), but still overall good news for us and especially good news for Marcus players with all the Beast buffs.  Johan going up in price hurts a bit, but I guess that's the price of dealing with mercs.