I'd love to see Key words added & cleaned up

Da Git

9 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@Paddywhack

I wasn't being clear, it's not that they're of asian descent or anything, it's the whole concept. Nico summoning asians who could wield swords is still him ressurecting a corpse which is 100% in line with his fluff persona. Shikome aren't zombies. When you read their flavour text they seem more reminiscent of norse valkyries than the original story of Shikome but either way they're not random people ressurected but a manifestation of some spirit essence which seems to have a role in the afterlife without being ressurected. Kirai beckoning vengeful spirits to her would explain why they'd hang around her but Nico can't go to a graveyard and find a winged corpse because their corpses didn't have wings, that's part of their spirit manifestation from what I understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikome

Fair enough. I always see Nicodem as the true master of Necromancy though. While his main power, and he admits this when he take in Kirai, is Undead, he knows the power of the Spirit world and would like more control over it as well. I see him being interested in power and taking it however he can. Whereas Kirai is stuck with just vengeful spirits and Molly is more haphazard attracting various undead and spirits to her, Nicodem actively attempts to gain control of the undead world as a whole.

But this is just a difference in interpretation of the fluff. I'd be sad to see Shikome lose Undead as I'd be even less likely to hire them and they already don't see much table time in my experience. 

• Like 3

It's strange to hear you don't see them with Nico. I think they're are really good summons for him as long as you're bringing the Emissary with Carrion Conflux. The :+fate flip aura is very good at helping secure their (0) which is essential to their success since you typically don't have many ways of giving out Adversary.

Without Carrion Conflux... you're far more likely to have to spend a high card to make sure you win that (0), so they're meh unless you use a third of your hand just making one model function as intended.

Kentauroi have probably dethroned them as far as best all-rounder summon for Nicodem goes, but if you set things up adequately... you get serious results. A Fast Shikome charging something with Adversary and Poison with triple :+fates on Attack. I can't think of any summon in the game that hits harder and more accurately.

I see them a lot with Kirai so my main resser opponent might be tired of them. Last game he did fine summoning a single hanged taking both McMourning and Judge down to half wounds and preventing healing turn 1. It's hard to deal more than 12 wounds (not needing to get fast or anything either, just that one summoning ap and regular attacks) but against a single target I know Shikome can get a lot of damage out.

After that he summoned punks and just did slice and dice in a clump of my stuff while Archie was going bananas in my backfield so after turn two I think I had one or two models left alive. 

• Like 1