Lampads?

RhiaCat

What is the deal with these models?

I can't figure out a niche where they fit in to Resser crews, and while they're solid models for going around killing scheme runners, they seem far too expensive for what they're going to be doing most games. Unlike Arcanists, there's very little cute burning synergy in Ressers. What are you all planning on doing with Lampads, and what do you think their role in Ressers is, moving forward?

I don't have a lot of experience with ressers, but I recently picked up kirai. 

I guess that of all the masters, she's the most obvious since they're spirits. The advantage is that they are undead spirits and so can trigger ikyrio. But also, you'll be handing out adversary consistently, so they'll be hitting on :+fate regularly. Kirai can give the lampad some mobility tricks as well, giving him insane mobility to go after some fast scheme runner that's running up the side of the board. 

I think they can work perfectly without providing burning synergy, they actually seem to have pretty good damage, and some blasts and burning can come in handy to ignore certain defenses. They're really squishy for a 7ss model though. But if you can stack some burning on a scheme runner and kill it with that you can summon another one. Their damage track is actually pretty nice: 1/2/3 with burning +2 and an extra burning if you happen to flip a :tome, and their :ranged attack is 2/3:blast/4:blast:blast with burning +1 for every model hit, thats basically 3/4:blast/5:blast:blast.

I guess if you can keep it outside of the opponents bigger threats and go after some smaller stuff and maybe summon a second one, that could be nice. Walk 6 and (0) 6" push that even hands out burning makes it quite fast. So it can easily go off to a flank, so you don't burn your own models. In an ideal situation you move through them with your zero, hit them twice with burn with me and if you don't flip additional :tome they're already at burning +5 and at least 2 damage. 

Lastly, they're enforcers so they can take my little helper, which is a great upgrade. But it gives the lampad a really nice turn. You get to draw a card, push 6" twice, and hand out burning, and position yourself so you can still shoot at them and stay at a safe distance or engage something small, stack it with burning and get a second lampad. And then if the lampad dies, which shouldn't take too much effort, you're still getting a mindless zombie.

What Joachim said: they are flankers who run for opponent's schemers or scavengers who are hiding behind a wall waiting for an opportunity to put a weakened model on fire.

As you probably know, the only two sources of burning available atm in Ressers are: Carlos Vasquez hired via Seamus' new upgrade and Reva's new upgrade. I think Lampad is the reason I would take Carlos over Cassandra with Seamus, but I have no idea if it is going to work as intended, haven't tried it yet.

I think Lampads by themselves will do the job nicely most of the time. You only need to kill with the Burning, so any of your other models can contribute to the effort by stacking damage on the enemy model until you're in that range where Burning will kill. I could see +1 or +2 doing the trick most of the time. The difficult part comes in when you have to play around A) Condition removal B ) healing and C) Interacting to reduce Burning. Df 5 with 7 Wounds isn't incredible, but that's still more HP than most Rezzer summons enter the board with, and if the opponent's damage track starts with 2, they're looking at 2+ attacks and a bit of luck to kill a fresh one.

Really, I think the niche they're going to fill is that of "runaway threat". Each summon from the Lampad's ability further extends the aura coverage of the board and means more Burning put out. One becomes two. Two becomes three. Four? Five?

I think bringing or summoning an initial Lampad, having it hang out at the limit of its gun, and pinging away is enough to make life very stressful for your opponent, because when you're pitching 1s and 2s to bring in these models, it's a very good bargain compared to conventional summoning, which you can also be doing at the same time. Bring Philip and the Nanny + Necropunk for card draw, or Take Back The Night, or both to fuel it (sadly Take Back and Burning is a non-bo, but if a model has to die to something other than Burning, you can profit off of it - and you'll at least have some spirits around in form of the Lampad). 

They do seem fast and hit quite hard for a low ss model so great If have to kill enemy scheme runners.

that said, not sure if i will need a anti scheme runner as i normally have philip and his 0 is great at ruining their goal.

But more thinking about it,  i love it for big bird summon. If killing is goal, no 6ss or cheaper summon hits harder. If scheme markers are needed then back to necro. But lampad has clear strong use for me. Big bird damage dealing summon.