Imput on the Fighting Claws

EnternalVoid

So one of my players had a question for me and I gave him an answer at the time to keep moving along smoothly.  That said I like to go back and review such questions to double check them.

So the question was this, How do the fighting claws work?  At the time I answered that they are melee weapons that normally use the Melee Skill that you can also use as Fistload weapons like brass knuckles *To which case you would use Pugilism or Martial Arts*.  My reasoning for this was based on the Into the Steam as that was the rules I remembered.  But looking under the new book I can see why the player was questioning it as the fighting Claws are in a section for Pugilism/Martial Arts.  As the second core book is the newer item I would imagine its rules are what are intended.  But I figured I would throw it here and see what others say.

As the new Core book rules stand it seems the Claws damage is locked at 1/3/4, even if your Pugilism/Martial Arts have better damage but you would get the fist loaded rule even when using the weapon.

5 hours ago, EnternalVoid said:

the Claws damage is locked at 1/3/4, even if your Pugilism/Martial Arts have better damage but you would get the fist loaded rule even when using the weapon.

Exactly that, but I'd say the damage is locked even if your Pugilism/Martial arts have lower damage.