Why is Hamlin so good?

rvdbarnes

My reaction to that would be, as soon as I see the Bayou pop out from Zipp, I will simply Obey it to walk twice and put it closer to your models than mine. Or walk it into contact with my beater so that when it activates and dies my beater can kill killjoy before he activates. Deso engine can definitely do that and if Ashes doesn't kill him, I don't care if you kill ashes. 

3 hours ago, Drunken Kung Fu Kid said:

=)

Zipp:
- The Dread pirate Zipp
- Gift of Gab
Student of Conflict
Trixiebelle
- Show off
Killjoy
- Do Over
Gracie
-Saddle
Bayou
Bayou
Bayou

Turn 1:
- Stone for cards
- Stone for/Cheat initiative

Activate bayous, keep them safe.
Student gives Zipp fast.
Gracie walks, takes zipp with her, reactivates.
Gracie walks again, takes zipp with her.

Trixie moves to a spot where she has a good view over the battlefield.

Zipp activates (4ap) goes to wherever on the board hamelin is, flings him out of stolen range, does as much dmg as he can (unreducable, prevention costs a card due to gift of the gab)
Then he (0) into a bayou.

The bayou drunk and recklesses and then incites some schemerunner or whatever, its optional.
They bayou has (if u played it correctly) LoS to trixie and 2 ap due to summon slow and drunk and reckless.
He kills himself by exploding with Show off. (3 dmg to hamelin)
Killjoy unburries right next to hamelin.

Killjoy attacks hamelin 2 times. (2 cards from do over)

Turn 2:
Cheat initiative (or use mood swing), activate killjoy, attack hamelin again if he is still alive.

If someone kills the bayou before it can explode, killjoy comes out.
If someone blocks LoS to trixie, zipp unburries at the end of turn 1, sacrifices the bayou, unburries killjoy.

Edit:
Trust me, almost no hamelin player on earth is prepared for this if he didnt read this threat =D. In 90 of 100 games hamelin is super safe for a lot of turns.
Edit2:
You might aswell just explode the bayou in stolen range to kill them.

This entire plan relies on the hamelin player not being very good at malifaux or possibly just new to hamelin.  The hamelin player will have numerous options to negate this from working and ensure it won't work, for the cost of like 1 card.      

• Like 1

I saw a similar version of this over the weekend, though I played a Von Schill elite crew unknowingly into it.  It was absolutely brutal.  I had everything but VS wiped turn 2.  Now, I think had a taken a larger crew (only 6 models) it wouldn't have hurt as much, since my opponent had 11, but also Levi or a Tara crew fucks it hard from either Levi's large ass models (Peacekeeper, Riders, etc), his slow effects, activation control, high range OR Tara being able to void spam attack buried models.  Then Killjoy is gonna die from Void death and then you're out a ton of stones.

It was a strong list, if cheesy, if you're unprepared for it or just unlucky with your crew pick, its gonna give you a bad day.  But against a larger, medium weight or heavier crew, it seems vary glass jawy.

• 1 month later...