So about that Ice Golem

Jordon

On 30.09.2017 at 3:02 AM, edopersichetti said:

My personal opinion: he was designed at the very beginning of M2E, and that was pretty much another era. As you say, further models have come out that fill that role A LOT better (in a Raspy crew, i find the Emissary really shines) plus more and more models are armor ignoring..

So yeah he suffers because when he came out Df 2 and Armor +2 plus a lot of Wds MAYBE KIND OF made some sense. It makes no sense at all - I find Df 4 models are already quite easy to kill...

The summon was an attempt to make him more useful but perhaps the designer were scared he'd be OP and they went too careful with it IMHO. Summon details:
- 1SS
- 1 Scrap Marker
- 1 of only 4 cards in the deck 11,12,13:tome and red joker
- Range 6
- It comes in with 4 damage already, and Slow (so no Smash)

It seems like it is even unlikely to happen once per game...

So I'd say the difference the summon makes is minimal. Most of the times, even if you can pull it off, it'll die horribly and hopefully blast something. Mind you, explosive demise 3 is not even THAT good compared to other similar effects (like Papa Loco or Pere) - it has only range 2" and 3 dmg.

So he's still sadly bottom of the faction...

Here's hoping for some Errata love. Not sure what can be done to encourage hiring him (if anything at all), but at least he could be made a bit more decent as a summon. Remove the extra :tome?

played game yesterday with summon raspy - it was fun, manage put summon 4 golems during game thanks to some luck and steamfitters ability to take top card from discard

list was made only for summoning:

Raspy with reservoir, summon and shattered heart

2x Steamfitters

2x Silent Ones

Effigy

Snow Storm with Sub Zero

not shure how this list is good but I won game vs Lilith, only problem was - raspy crew is slow so I started make shemes only after 2nd turn. Btw Ramos need same restrictions for big sammon

• Like 1