Misaki Alpha.

DXXXVIII

What do you think bout this list?

Misaki: The Thunder (1SS), Oathkeeper (1SS), The bigger they are (1SS)

Yamaziko (7SS): I pay better (1SS)

Hans (8SS): Scout the field (1SS)

Rat catcher (6SS)

Winged Plague (4SS)

Void Wretch (4SS)

4x Abomination (16SS)

What this List is supposed to do:

Prepare for a good alpha strike turn one by gaining activation Controle, a good Hand and a good Position for our Beater (Misaki)

You Spent 1SS for 2 additional Cards.

You will need at least one tome and one low card. The rest of the cards should be as high as possible.

1 Activation: Abomination draws a Card by damaging another Abomination and hits Winged Plague once. Winged Plague relents.

2-3 Activation: Abomination draws a Card by damaging another Abomination.

4 Activation: Abomination draws a Card by damaging another Abomination. Then Sacrifices itself and 3 nearby Abominations to summon a Desolation Engine.

5 Activation: Desolation Engine takes a defensive stance.

6 Activation: Rat catcher reactivates Winged Plague abd hits Winged Plague. Winged Plague relents.

7 Activation: Yamaziko walks but stays within LoS and 10" of Hans.

8 Activation: Void Wretch hits Misaki. Misaki relents. Void wretch cheats in a Tome to burt her. Misaki cheats down with low Card on the TN13 to get buried.

9-10 Activation: Winged Plague flies 24" to a Place where you want to deploy Misaki for the Alpha.

11 Activation: Hans discards a Card for "I pay better" to get a free focus. He focuses again. He then discards "Scout the field" so he doesn't need LoS to the Winged Plague and shoots the winged Plague. Winged Plague relents. Hans gets a double- to the damage Flip which neutralises his fouble positive due to the doublefocus. (This is done to minimise the chances to getscrewed by BJ). Winged Plague dies, Misaki gets placed within basecontact of Winged Plague.

12 Activation: Misaki discards Oath keeper spents her last stone for a Plusflip and charges a low def-target to blast off 4 times. She declares her trigger to allwas cheat and cheats in the highest cards you can afford. She tries to deal as much damage as possible. Don't forget that her Attack and Blasts deal +1 additional Damage to non Leaders with Upgrades and that her  blastdamage can't be reduced.

Turn 2:

should you loose initiative. Try keeping misaki alive. Dont forget that shes on + to Defense due to no Stones left.

Activation 1: Void Wretch hits Desolation engine. Desolation engine relents. Void Wretch cheats in tome to bury desolation engine. Desolation engine cheats down the TN13 to get buried. This is our Backup should Misaki die. If she dies, Deso engine unburies in Base with her and takes over as out beating tarpit.

Activation 2: If misaki is still alive, shell keep blasting stuff. If she's dead Deso engine hits and pulses Stuff.

Yamaziko, rat catcher and Void Wretch run schemes now.

Hans can try to focus-shoot to support.

What do you guys think? :D

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, beevison said:

I like it. You definitely aren't going to make any friends with this.

One question. Do you need Hans? Could you not use a similar set up with Trapper? the only purpose I can see is for LOS. And with winged plague surely you could just make sure you maintain that?

I think ignoring line of sight gives you more flexibility in where you can put the Winged Plauge to unbury Misaki. There will be some boards where the trapper is fine, and some where you want Hans, I guess. Also if the I Pay Better focus on Hans is just to minismise the chances of Black Joker you could forgo the Yamaziko + I Pay Better all together and take another 8SS model that might help to do something else - perhaps Marlena Webster to add a bit of protection to Misaki (although given activation control perhaps she won't need it), or Scion of the Void, who might a bit better than Yamaziko after the first turn (full disclosure - I have never seen Yamaziko on the table...)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, beevison said:

I like it. You definitely aren't going to make any friends with this.

One question. Do you need Hans? Could you not use a similar set up with Trapper? the only purpose I can see is for LOS. And with winged plague surely you could just make sure you maintain that?

If your entire crew is built for this, then Hans seems like a small tax, otherwise your opponent only needs to double walk something to block LoS, or push it behind a building, etc to shut it down.

• Like 1

Hans as well doesn't randomise when he wants to kill the WP.

And yes, maybe its just to prevent BJ screwing but BJ screwed me like thousand times when i built this list so i'm kinda overcautious.

And yamaziko sint bad. 7ss, anti charge aura, nimble and min damage 3. she makes for some good schemer/anti-schemer.

One benefit of the trapper against this set up is that thy can deploy from the shadows and should be able to take out an Abom thus stopping the engine. I did this against a Viks player in a recent tourney and while the viks did what they did, it lost him a card and the desolation engine. That said, i'm a fan of 4 aboms for the same shenanigans. 

11 hours ago, beergod said:

I would switch bigger they are for her other knew upgrade, that way you can increase her survivability.

you don't need her live as long as possible - you want to melt multiple models faster. in some cases the bigger they are will increase your total damage from one AP by three. I would take the other upgrade with stalking bisento and survivalist though.

20 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

you don't need her live as long as possible - you want to melt multiple models faster. in some cases the bigger they are will increase your total damage from one AP by three. I would take the other upgrade with stalking bisento and survivalist though.

I like it as it can generate the extra Crow to really give make your opponent think about what to do choose on mid grade models

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, DXXXVIII said:

What do you think bout this list?

Misaki: The Thunder (1SS), Oathkeeper (1SS), The bigger they are (1SS)

Yamaziko (7SS): I pay better (1SS)

Hans (8SS): Scout the field (1SS)

Rat catcher (6SS)

Winged Plague (4SS)

Void Wretch (4SS)

4x Abomination (16SS)

What this List is supposed to do:

Prepare for a good alpha strike turn one by gaining activation Controle, a good Hand and a good Position for our Beater (Misaki)

You Spent 1SS for 2 additional Cards.

You will need at least one tome and one low card. The rest of the cards should be as high as possible.

1 Activation: Abomination draws a Card by damaging another Abomination and hits Winged Plague once. Winged Plague relents.

2-3 Activation: Abomination draws a Card by damaging another Abomination.

4 Activation: Abomination draws a Card by damaging another Abomination. Then Sacrifices itself and 3 nearby Abominations to summon a Desolation Engine.

5 Activation: Desolation Engine takes a defensive stance.

6 Activation: Rat catcher reactivates Winged Plague abd hits Winged Plague. Winged Plague relents.

7 Activation: Yamaziko walks but stays within LoS and 10" of Hans.

8 Activation: Void Wretch hits Misaki. Misaki relents. Void wretch cheats in a Tome to burt her. Misaki cheats down with low Card on the TN13 to get buried.

9-10 Activation: Winged Plague flies 24" to a Place where you want to deploy Misaki for the Alpha.

11 Activation: Hans discards a Card for "I pay better" to get a free focus. He focuses again. He then discards "Scout the field" so he doesn't need LoS to the Winged Plague and shoots the winged Plague. Winged Plague relents. Hans gets a double- to the damage Flip which neutralises his fouble positive due to the doublefocus. (This is done to minimise the chances to getscrewed by BJ). Winged Plague dies, Misaki gets placed within basecontact of Winged Plague.

12 Activation: Misaki discards Oath keeper spents her last stone for a Plusflip and charges a low def-target to blast off 4 times. She declares her trigger to allwas cheat and cheats in the highest cards you can afford. She tries to deal as much damage as possible. Don't forget that her Attack and Blasts deal +1 additional Damage to non Leaders with Upgrades and that her  blastdamage can't be reduced.

Turn 2:

should you loose initiative. Try keeping misaki alive. Dont forget that shes on + to Defense due to no Stones left.

Activation 1: Void Wretch hits Desolation engine. Desolation engine relents. Void Wretch cheats in tome to bury desolation engine. Desolation engine cheats down the TN13 to get buried. This is our Backup should Misaki die. If she dies, Deso engine unburies in Base with her and takes over as out beating tarpit.

Activation 2: If misaki is still alive, shell keep blasting stuff. If she's dead Deso engine hits and pulses Stuff.

Yamaziko, rat catcher and Void Wretch run schemes now.

Hans can try to focus-shoot to support.

What do you guys think? :D

I like much the idea behind your list, but in second turn you have only 5 models, for remaining activations?

• Like 1

Update. Hitting winged plague with rat catcher instead.

Removed Yamaziko for void wretch and student of conflict.
Student gives Fast to hans and second void wretch buries Desolation engine once misaki unburies so deso engine unburies besides misaki once she killed the first whatever.