Viktorias On Parade - A Tournament Report for a 3-round event at Titan Games and Hobbies (Lutherville-Timonium, MD), 9/17/2017

James Dyson

Here’s a tournament report for the 3-round tournament held at Titan Games and Hobbies in Lutherville-Timonium on 9/16/2017.  For this tournament, schemes and strategies had been made public a week or so in advance.  I opted to play the following list in all 3 rounds:

Viktoria of Ashes + 3 SS

• Sisters in Fury
  • Sisters in Spirit
  • Oathkeeper

Malifaux Child

Viktoria of Blood

• Mark of Shez’uul
  • The Soaring Dragon

Scion of the Void

• Oathkeeper

Nothing Beast

• Void Shield

5x Void Wretches

The list has been discussed on some podcasts, and so I figured I’d give it a go.  10 activations is a good number to go for, especially when you can bomb in the Nothing Beast and/or Vik of Blood.

EDIT:  Photo album for all 3 games here:  https://imgur.com/a/IBNWO

Game 1

Deployment:  Standard

Strategy:  Extraction

Schemes:  Claim Jump, Dig their Graves, Leave Your Mark, Covert Breakthrough, Recover Evidence

My opponent declared Guild, and his crew was:

Lucius + 4 SS

• Surprisingly Loyal

Scribe

Captain Dashel

• Arrest Him

Mr. Graves

• A Debt to the Guild

Master Queeg

• A Debt to the Guild

Guild Pathfinder

3x Guild Rifleman

Scheme Selection & Gameplan:  Seeing a gunline that wants to ball up around Dashel, I realized I wanted to get stuck in with my opponent as soon as possible.  I went with Claim Jump and planned to run two Wretches on the far edges of the center line, hoping that terrain/ the fight for the Extraction marker would leave them alone to drop scheme markers all game (spoiler:  it worked).  I settled on Covert Breakthrough for my second scheme, because I felt comfortable in my ability to kill enough of his crew to be able to drop a few markers in his side of the board on turns 4 and 5.

My opponent ended up picking Claim Jump and Dig Their Graves.

Deployment:  

He won the cut, and made me deploy first.  I spread out along my board edge.  He favored the area directly in front of the Extraction marker, where he had many lines of fire.  He used From the Shadows to place the Pathfinder in prime trap-placing territory.

Turn 1:  The turn began uneventfully, with me durdling up a Wretch and failing to slow the Pathfinder.  He focuses a Rifleman, and walks him up.  I recognize that he’s going to be doing this with all of his Riflemen, and we trade Wretch and Rifleman activations - him focusing, me moving up wretches into various positions.  Finally, he has Daschel move up to just behind the Riflemen.  I have my last Wretch attack the Nothing Beast, and cheat to fail the Glimpse the Void trigger and bury him.  Graves shows Queeg the door, and walks to be in position to threaten the center.  

At this point, I activate the Scion, burn Oathkeeper for Fast, and triple-walk her to just over the centerline and bring out the Nothing Beast, engaging all of his Riflemen, his Pathfinder and Dashel.  He realizes his misplay, and has his trapper make a trap and manages to disengage from the Nothing Beast.  I have the Child go, and he successfully casts Sisters in Fury, and moves up.

He activates Queeg, and pings the Pathfinder to get into melee range of the Nothing Beast, and proceeds to whip the Beast and give him slow.  I soulstone to prevent the damage from his second attack, because he got the push trigger.

I activate Vik of Ashes, burn Oathkeeper, and drag Vik of Blood up the board to be in position to charge the cluster of Riflemen.  He responds by activating Lucius, who uses Guild Intelligence, followed by a trio of walk actions into Commanding Presences.  By this point, his hand was about empty, and he managed to Paralyze two of his Riflemen and get Queeg to attack the Nothing Beast a third time, but I soulstoned the damage away.

Vik of Blood next charged into the Riflemen.  When the dust settled, she had killed Dashel, two Riflemen, the Trap, and put some wounds on Queeg.  His last activation this turn was the Scribe running to catch up to Lucius.  The Nothing Beast activated, ate the last Rifleman, and put more wounds on Queeg.

Score:  0-0

Turn 2: We draw up for the next turn, and he stones for more cards.  I win the initiative flip, and activate the Nothing Beast who puts up Voided, walks to engage Graves and the Pathfinder, and fails to wound Queeg due to soulstone prevention.  Graves shows the Nothing Beast the door, and proceeds to then show him a few Fenceposts.  Nothing Beast hits back (thanks to Voided), and gets covered in Black Blood for his troubles.

Vik of Blood activates, kills Queeg, and charges Lucius for some more damage.  Lucius goes, and through a pair of What are Lackey’s For? Manages to swap with Graves, then swap the Pathfinder out of engagement with the Nothing Beast.  Then he walks and commands Graves to punch Vik of Blood.  The Malifaux Child tried to heal Viktoria, but at this point I didn’t have the suit in hand.  The Pathfinder failed to make a trap, and shot at the Scion who Ran Away Home.

Vik of Ashes charged the Pathfinder, but failed to kill him due to the Black Joker on the second attack.  She did manage to end within 6” of Blood, and used her last ap to Sisters in Spirit her away from Graves.  The Scribe tried to see if Viktoria had an Appointment, but failed.  

At this point, he was out of activations.  My Wretches schemed for Claim Jump, moved to the Extraction Marker, and one popped out the Scion.  She killed the Scribe.

At the end of the turn, I score Claim Jump and we both score the strategy.  Since I had more models near the marker, I move it ever-so-slightly further away.

Score:  2-1

Turn 3:  He stones for cards, and he wins the Initiative Flip.  He activates Lucius, and swaps with Graves, then has Graves hit Vik of Ashes with a Fencepost.  He Issues Command on the Pathfinder to get out of dodge.  

I activate the Vik of Blood, walk up, kills the Pathfinder, and buries thanks to the Soaring Dragon upgrade.  Graves attacks Vik of Ashes with the Fencepost but fails to kill her.  She responds by walking out of Black Blood range and killing him.  

At this point, he only has Lucius left, and he can’t stop me from scoring any of my points.

Final Score:  10-1

Edited by Diceman87
photos
  • Like 5

Game 2

Deployment:  Flank

Strategy:  Interference

Schemes:  Claim Jump, Frame for Murder, Leave Your Mark, Undercover Entourage, A Quick Murder

My opponent declared Resurrectionists, and his crew was:

Nicodem + 7 SS

• Maniacal Laugh
  • Circling Buzzards
  • Undertaker

Mortimer

• Corpse Bloat

Philip and the Nanny

• Haunting Cries
  • Take Back the Night

Izamu the Armor

• Decaying Aura

Dead Doxy

Rotten Belle

Scheme Selection & Gameplan:  I was playing one of my regular opponents this round, and so I generally knew what he had in mind with this crew.  I chose Undercover Entourage on the Scion, because I felt comfortable I could play keep-away with her until the end game, and A Quick Murder on Izamu.  A Quick Murder doesn’t specify which player kills the target, and knowing that Izamu relied on armor (that Vik of Blood ignored) I felt comfortable going in on him.  

My opponent ended up picking Frame for Murder on Izamu* and Undercover Entourage on Philip and the Nanny.  

*I only realized while typing this up that Izamu’s Warrior’s Death would mean he got 0 points for Frame for Murder.  I will have to talk to my opponent about it, but it was an honest mistake on both our parts.

Deployment:

I won the cut, and had him deploy first.  I deployed my heavy beaters (Viks and Nothing Beast) roughly closer to the side with Izamu and Nico, and the Scion went to the side with Philip.  Void Wretches were spread out for maximum coverage.

Turn 1:  He stones for cards, and goes first.  His Doxy drops a scheme marker, Takes the Lead on Philip, and then drops a second scheme marker.  For the next few activations, I walk a Wretch in between his significant activations.  In order, he has Philip eat the scheme markers to cycle cards, Morty drop two corpse markers, and then goes with Nico.  Nico laughs for 2 zombies, turning them into a Vulture and a Hanged, then using Decay to heal the Hanged.  The Vulture moves up to serve as Nico’s Eyes and Ears later in the game.  His Belle lures one of my Wretches, which is fine.  My child goes, and gets Sisters in Fury off.  Finally, he moves up Izamu.

At this point, it was go-time.  I have the Nothing Beast double-walk, and use Casting Expert to hit Izamu, doing some damage and forcing a Glimpse the Void trigger, which Izamu passes.  The Hanged comes in and whispers at the Nothing Beast, who discards Void Shield but still gains the no-heal condition.

At this point, my opponent was out of activations.  The Scion double-walks, leaving the Viks for last.  Ashes burns Oathkeeper and drags Vik of Blood up, who charges into Izamu.  In short order, she kills Izamu and scores me A Quick Murder for 3 points.   Izamu takes his attack with A Warrior’s Death in return, and thanks to his built-in + to damage, is able to cheat the Red Joker in to instantly-kill Vik of Blood (who, thanks to Decaying Aura, cannot use soulstones to prevent).  

Score:  3-3

Turn 2:  We both stone for cards this turn, and he wins the initiative flip.  Nico laughs for a single zombie, summons a Student of Viscera, and uses Rigor Mortis to give Fast to the Student, and to slow the Nothing Beast.  I have the Nothing Beast then go, but can’t quite reach Nico and opt instead to put some wounds on the Hanged.  

He goes with his Belle, who Lures the Nothing Beast and fails to Undress him.  I go next with Ashes, and charge the Hanged, getting a Whirlwind trigger into the Belle.  Mortimer activates, rips out his spleen and manages to disengage from the Nothing Beast.  I walk up a Wretch and slow Philip and the Nanny, hoping to slow down his card draw.  The Doxy tries to take the Lead on Philip, and fails.  She opts to drop a single scheme marker.  

The fast Student walks and Flurries in to Viktoria, but she manages to survive by eating the rest of my soulstones.  The child walks to try and get into healing range for next turn on Viktoria.  Philip just eats a Scheme marker for his turn.  My Scion burns Oathkeeper to try and get a Hungry Emptiness on the Student, but fails.  The Vulture engages the Scion and the rest of the Wretches mostly shuffle around, but nothing more of note occurs.

I have managed to tie him up in his deployment zone, allowing me to score the strategy point and deny him the strategy.

Score:  4-3

Turn 3:  He stones for cards, and wins initiative.  He opens with Nicodem, who laughs for 2 zombies, which in short order become a Draugr and a Hanged.  He uses Decay on Viktoria, killing her and blasting onto the Nothing Beast, the belle and the Dragur.  I go with the Nothing Beast, killing the Student but failing to attack the Hanged.

Philip and the Nanny then go, attacking a Void Wretch and Paralyzing it with one wound left.  I send in another Wretch to slow down his Doxy.  His Doxy Takes the Lead on the Paralyzed Wretch, who gets pushed into the pouncing arms of a Belle who finishes him off.  I walk the Child up, hoping my opponent goes for it in combat.  He obliges, and Mortimer charges the child, and fails to kill him (thus engaging his models in that quarter).

The Scion activates, and at this point I don’t have the cards to get away from the Vulture who has engaged her.  The Hanged Whispers away half of the Nothing Beast’s remaining wounds, and walks away.  I bring out a Void Wretch to Slow Mortimer, aiming to slow Nico next turn.  He has the Dragur finish off the Nothing Beast.  I walk a Wretch, and he has the newly-freed Belle try to lure the Wretch near Mortimer but fails.  

At the end of the turn, He is still only in control of one quarter, while I hold 2 and contest the third, scoring me a second Strategy point to his nil.

Score:  5-3

Turn 4:  He wins the initiative flip, and opens - again - with Nico.  Nico laughs for 3 zombies this time, summoning a Punk Zombie off one.  He makes the Punk and the Draugr fast with his remaining AP.  I have the Wretch move to slow Nico, and fail to hit Morty to finish him off.  He sends the Dragur after the Scion, who Runs Away Home.  I immediately have the Void Wretch on the left flank walk through the trees and unbury the Scion in his deployment zone.  His Doxy uses walks and Taking the Lead on Philip and the Nanny to engage the Scion and the Wretch, while moving Philip and the Nanny closer to my deployment zone.  I activate the Scion, who kills the Doxy and refreshes my hand somewhat.  Philip and the Nanny book it into the center of the board.

At this point, I only have Wretches and a Child left.  They spend their AP walking mostly, while the last thing of note on my opponent’s end is the Punk killing both the Child and the Void Wretch he’s engaged with, clearing up that quarter for him.  

At the end of the turn, my opponent scores his first point off the Strategy, while I score a third point due to all of his models near the mid-point of the board.  

Score:  6-4

Turn 5:  I win the initiative flip, and open with the Scion killing the Hanged that threatened her.  He sends his Vulture to make sure Philip and the Nanny are within a Death’s Whip aura to deny my Wretches a cheeky slow.  I opt for an old fashioned Engagement, and walk a Wretch to engage Philip and the Nanny instead.  He has Nico go, who gives Fast to Philip and the Nanny and the Draugr.  I slow the Draugr in return with my last Wretch, who also body-blocks for the Scion.  

The moment of truth comes, and he activates Philip and the Nanny - and in an impressive display of card flipping, fails 2 of 3 disengaging strikes with my Wretch.  After this point, no significant actions occurred.

At the end of the turn 5 - and the game - we both declared our Undercover Entourage.  I scored maximum on it, while he was just out of my deployment zone, only earning 2 points.  He denies me the last strategy point.

Score: 9 - 7

Edited by Diceman87
removed broken photo links
  • Like 3

Game 3

Deployment:  Corner

Strategy:  Headhunter

Schemes:  Claim Jump, Eliminate the Leadership, Frame for Murder, Accusation!, Hunting Party

My opponent declared Neverborn, and his crew was:

Pandora + 4 SS

• Depression
  • Voices

Barbaross

• A Thousand Faces

Candy

Doppelganger

2x Silurid

2x Will O’ The Wisp

Scheme Selection & Gameplan:  First off- that is one killy scheme pool, and the main determining factor for me going with the Viktorias.  Given the long center line and his small force, I opted for Claim Jump.  I expected to be able to apply enough pressure to open up a zone for dropping markers.  For my second scheme, I was going back and forth between Eliminate the Leadership and Hunting Party.  I didn’t want to go for Frame, since he had Paralyze Pandora, and I didn’t want to take Accusation.   

Given that he was playing Paralyze Pandora, I went into the game planning to gun for his Minions, and do my best to ignore Barbaros, Candy and Pandora.  

My opponent ended up picking Claim Jump and Frame for Murder on Barbaross.

Deployment:  

I won the cut, and made him deploy first.  I had a large piece of terrain in my corner, so I split my forces with the Nothing Beast and a trio of Wretches on one side, the Scion and two other Wretches on the other, and Vik of Ashes in a small spot in the middle.  Since we had such a large distance between our forces, I figured it would be unlikely to get a Vik-bomb off turn 1 and started with Blood buried due to Soaring Dragon.  

Turn 1:  This first turn was rather cagey, as I out-activate him, but he wins the initiative, having me go first.  I spent my first five activations double-walking Void Wretches.  He moves up Barbaros, swapping thousand faces for Mimic’s Blessing, and going Defensive.  He leaps and walks his Silurid and Wisps.  Still uncertain of how the turn will go, I activate the Nothing Beast and move him to threaten the flank with Barbaros, a Silurid and a Wisp.

He then goes with Pandora, and triple-walks her.  I see this as a boon, because it means I no longer need to worry about her paralyzing me this turn.  As a bonus, I figured that she was likely within range for me to get some damage on her.  I walk up the Scion and use her (0) to unbury Vik of Blood.  

The Doppelganger moves up, and Blends In behind a wall.  I smell blood in the water, an dgo with the Child and get Sisters in Fury to go off.  He walks up Candy, and goes Defensive as his last activation.

I activate Vik of Ashes, burn Oathkeeper, and triple-walk up, ending with a Sisters in Spirit to pull Blood into prime charge range of Pandora.  Blood does so, burning through all but one of his stones and leaving her on 3 wounds.

Score:  0-0

Turn 2:  We both stone for cards here, with him using his last stone to do so.  We flip initiative, and he cheats it to go first.  He opens with Pandora, who paralyzes both Viks, then walks to get behind some cover.  I respond by sending the Nothing Beast in and killing a Wisp on the other flank, earning a point for Hunting Party and dropping a Head.  Barbaros, charges the Nothing Beast, and the two smack each other back and forth thanks to the Nothing Beasts’ Void condition.  On the last attack, Barbaros fails the Glimpse the Void trigger, and is buried.  

On the right flank, I move a Void Wretch and drop a scheme marker for Claim Jump.  He goes with the Doppelganger, copying Self Loathing, and charges Blood.  I eat my last two stones, taking only 2 damage.  I then go with the Scion, burning Oathkeeper to walk, Blink to the Wretch on the center line, and kill Pandora with Hungry Emptiness.  He drops out Barbaros, who I then use my last Ap to drop to 1 wound.

He activates a Silurid to scheme, leap, scheme to secure himself Claim Jump, and I move up a Wretch and slow it in return.  On the far flank, he manages to leap a Silurid away from the Nothing Beast, and walk again to get further away.  I activate Vik of Blood to clear Paralyze,  and Candy comes in to attack her for some damage.  I activate Vik of Ashes to burn an activation, and he moves a Wisp up and puts the no-charge condition onto Ashes.  With him out of activations, my Wretches drop Claim Jump markers and pick up the first Wisps’ head.  

At the end of the Turn, I score the strategy, Claim Jump and Hunting Party.  He scores Claim Jump.

Score:  3-1

Turn 3:  He cheats the Initiative again, and has Candy kill Vik of Blood and put some more damage on Vik of Ashes.  Respond with Vik of Ashes walk-charging in on Candy (and engaging Doppelganger and the Wisp), doing some damage but failing the Whirlwind dream I was hoping for.  

He does another round of scheme, leap, scheming with a Silurid.  I have the Scion kill Barbaros - giving him full points for Frame for Murder, as she is a Henchman - and blink her to the Silurid on her side of the board.  He leaps that Silurid away, and picks up a Head.  I walk a Wretch to pick up a Head, and slow his Silurid.  

Doppelganger activates, copying Self Lathing from Candy and attacks Viktoria for some more wounds.  The Nothing Beast double-walks to block his Claim Jump this turn, and hits the Silurid who promptly fails his Glimpse the Void trigger.  His Wisp walks and punches Viktoria, and fails to hit her.  At this point, I spend the rest of my activations on Wretches getting me Claim Jump, and moving to deny his Claim Jump markers next turn.  

At the end of the turn, we both score the Strategy.  He denies me Hunting Party, and I deny him Claim Jump.

Score:  4-5

Turn 4:  He wins the Initiative here, and opens with Doppelganger.  She copies Self Loathing from Candy with a trigger, getting a free attack on Vikoria, killing her and standing on her head and popping out the Silurid.  I activate the Scion next, who earns her MVP status by Blinking in to engage Candy and the Silurid, and kills both.  

He interacts with his remaining Silurid and leaps with it, but is unable to get far enough away.  He tries to attack the Scion with his Wisp and fails.  I move the Nothing Beast to engage both his Silurid and his Wisp, and use my Wretches to get Claim Jump, and a Head.

At the end of the turn, I score the Strategy, my final Claim Jump, and another Hunting Party.  He scores Claim Jump, because I foolishly moved a Wretch off of a marker it was denying.  

Score:  7-6

Turn 5:  My opponent opts to concede at this point, and we discuss how the rest of the turn would have gone.  We agree that he would have earned one point for the Strategy by picking up a head with the Doppelganger, but would be unable to score any other points.  He agreed he would be unable to deny me either Headhunter or my last Hunting Party point, given both Nothing Beast and Scion were in range to kill his Wisp.

Score:  9-8

Edited by Diceman87
removed broken photo links
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 7:57 PM, Diceman87 said:

Viktoria of Blood

• Mark of Shez’uul
  • The Soaring Dragon

Game 1

I activate the Vik of Blood, walk up, kills the Pathfinder, and buries thanks to the Soaring Dragon upgrade. 

So I have read this 3 times.  Right amount of details of games.  Maybe some crew thoughts at the end would be nice, but great overall.  I am trying out a crew that is close, 2 less voids replaced with effigy and big Jake.  I do have a question.  What do you think of Soaring Dragon?  You seemed to use it once in game 1 and started buried on game 3 but that's it.  If you had taken oathkeeper, you would have used it every game.  I took Soaring Dragon one game, and did bury once, but still not sure about it.

Thanks

Steven

• Thanks 1

@kegetI'm glad you enjoyed it!

6 hours ago, keget said:

What do you think of Soaring Dragon?  You seemed to use it once in game 1 and started buried on game 3 but that's it.  If you had taken oathkeeper, you would have used it every game. 

I had the same thought after the tournament.  This list really wants to get the bottom of turn 1, top of turn 2 alpha strike off, and part of that is getting Vik of Blood into a clump of enemies with Furious Loyalty up for min Damage 5, ideally on a turn where they don't have much in the way of their hand.  To get this to go off easiest, I'd want to start Blood on the field, have the child cast Sisters in Fury during the 'burn their activations' part of the turn, then deliver Blood to the enemy. 

The problem I had with starting Vik of Blood Buried is that I'd then have to go through hoops to unbury her with Scion, ideally before the Child so I can cast Sisters in Fury, and all of that together meant that I would leave Vik of Blood exposed near the enemy.  The problem I had with using Soaring Dragon to bury was the cost- discarding a third of your hand may help Ashes (Fates Chosen), and the Void-critters, but it sure left me feeling exposed.  

In short - I think Oathkeeper would be a fine choice for Vik of Blood's other slot.  That said, if you are going up against a faction that has some real tough counter-punch models - like Gremlins or Arcanists - I think Soaring Dragon could slot back in.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it.  I've only gotten these three games with the list - so I'll be the first to say I might be missing something.  I'd encourage you to continue playing your list and see what works for you.  

I am curious about how your variant plays.  Any chance you'll be posting a Battle Report of your own to this forum?

As requested I will do a battle summary like I did for my bone Levi.  That said, my one game (that was too long ago to make a summary) I only buried once, at the top of turn 2, that may have keep her alive.  I wanted to do it again later in the game, but did not have 2 cards to pitch. 

The one thing that I do know, is do not use stones on cards in this crew, need 2 to go soaring, 1 to gain voided, 1 to pitch to get a stone when Ash kills something (twice I missed out on free stone, as I was out of cards).  So as long as I have 2 cards 9 or above, save my stones.

• Thanks 1

Game summary...

Std deployment; Guard the stash, claim jump, dig their graves, leave your mark, quick murder, last stand.  I picked my list with out knowing his faction (was going to use the list we talked about above).  He went Reser.  Nickodem (with some upgrades), mort, rogue necro, dog, hardrin, forgotten marshal.  We both picked quick murder, and both got 3 points, I got full stash points, and full LYM.  I do not know what his other was as he did not score it.

Vik of Ashes - She used oathkeeper on turn one to pull up Blood.  Turn 2 shot into a huge combat 3 times (5 of his models and just NB for me), hit a zombie and killed a summoned autopsy (got a stone off effigy boost).  Turn 3, cast fury charged Hardrin and killed him for a stone.  Died on turn 4 as I forgot to move effigy close enough to chain, so she died before she could kill the punk zombie.  She did her job, and made 2 stones and could have made more.

Malifaux Child - Stayed in corner, cast fury a few times...great job for 2 points.

Vik of Blood - So my opponent did a great move, and moved a summoned Hanged to near his rogue necro.  Placed in a spot that if you attacked the rogue, you had to keep taking horror duels.  I had a 11 and 13, and charged in to the Hanged.  Passed the duel to charge, failed the duel on the first attack (good bye 11), and did 5 damage.  Choose not to trigger whirlwind, as i wanted to get hanged down and not keep taking horror duels.  Failed second duel, so good bye 13, and killed him.  Used my extra attack on rogue, burned a stone for positive on horror duel, and needed second card to pass, did some good damage but did not kill.  So if had taken oath-keeper I would have killed him.  He won initiative and hit her hard.  Blood only survived because I cheated in the RJ on second attack.  She killed rogue with extra attack, then charged the dog.  Missed first attack, hit second with whirlwind trigger, but choose to bury to stay alive.  She came out on turn 3, and killed Mort.  Turn 4 started to kill Neco (only him and punk zombie and regular zombies left), and turn 5 killed him.

Nothing Beast - Got buried on turn 1, dropped off my Scion, and double walked to engage mort and Neco.  Mort had 3 wounds, and NB cheated damage to do 7.  Turn 2 he attacked Mort 3 times but did 2 damage that was prevented.  Was attacked by the forgotten marshal, and returned the favor and killed him, he RJ the flip and got a student in return.  Turn 3, got attacked 3 times by Neco, who got him to one wound, and then Mort chained and finished him off.  Once again, amazed at his tank ability, shocked at how little damage he does some times.  Need to use focus more often with his attacks.

Scion - Dropped off NB turn 1.  Used oath-keeper on turn 2, to walk and charge a zombie to get some cards, missed one attack, but killed on second.  Turn 3 got targeted by slithering student and buried; came back on other side of board, and charged a zombie to get some cards, hit too hard on first attack.  Turn 4 hurt punk zombie...did not go on turn 5 as we stopped once Neco dead.

Big Jake - Turn 1, walked and defensive, and got cards. Turn 2 walked twice to be safely behind stash marker, and got cards.  Did nothing rest of game but passed.  Did his job, and the extra stone was worth moving a 1 and 2 to bottom, and keeping 7 and 11 on top.

Void Wretchs - One ran down side to do LYM, one stayed on a stash, and one on the other stash with Big Jake.  They did not get to slow too much as Neco made all his guys immune to it.  One even flipped high enough to heal the buried Blood.  All did their jobs.

Effigy - Got to stash and was a back up just like Big Jake (so each stash had a wretch and either Jake or effigy)  Did better than wretch as i got 2 stones off the kills of Ash, and keep up mist to make sure no shots were taken (not that he had a lot that could shoot though)

Conclusion - This time oath keeper would have been better, because if I did not have RJ, I would have lost Blood top of turn 2.  With oath-keeper I think i would have been safe at top of turn 2.  Now, Blood may have died in turn 3 without the retreat of the bury, but....

I will try it again, but I am leaning to oath-keeper.

Thanks,

Steven

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keget said:

I had a 11 and 13, and charged in to the Hanged.  Passed the duel to charge, failed the duel on the first attack (good bye 11), and did 5 damage.  Choose not to trigger whirlwind, as i wanted to get hanged down and not keep taking horror duels.  Failed second duel, so good bye 13, and killed him.  Used my extra attack on rogue, burned a stone for positive on horror duel, and needed second card to pass, did some good damage but did not kill. 

If you charged the Hanged you should have only had to take a Horror duel for the Charge and not the follow up attacks. 

Were there a pair of Hanged?

I'm also pretty sure that "Unrelenting Terror" needs LoS.  50mm Ht 3 model like the Rogue Necromancy should do a pretty good job of blocking LoS to The Hanged.

23 hours ago, WWHSD said:

If you charged the Hanged you should have only had to take a Horror duel for the Charge and not the follow up attacks. 

Were there a pair of Hanged?

I'm also pretty sure that "Unrelenting Terror" needs LoS.  50mm Ht 3 model like the Rogue Necromancy should do a pretty good job of blocking LoS to The Hanged.

Found it....just look at the Hanged card....doh

3 minutes ago, keget said:

Found it....just look at the Hanged card....doh

Those things are nasty enough to deal with, especially with a melee heavy crew. They'd be a nightmare if you were applying their Unrelenting Terror even if it didn't have LoS and when charging the Hanged. 

Lovely reports, with just the right amount of detail to be clear without bogging things down.

That crew looks really brutal.  Having played these games with them, would you make any further changes?  I saw above that you were considering swapping Viktoria of Blood's upgrades around a bit.  How about the five Void Wretches? In general I find I get dimishing returns with multiple identical miniatures in Malifaux and wondered if you thought that all five are needed for this to work, or if swapping some of them for (e.g) the Hodgepodge Effigy or a Ronin could tune the crew further.

Also, well done on three victories.

5 hours ago, Argentbadger said:

Lovely reports, with just the right amount of detail to be clear without bogging things down.

That crew looks really brutal.  Having played these games with them, would you make any further changes?  I saw above that you were considering swapping Viktoria of Blood's upgrades around a bit.  How about the five Void Wretches? In general I find I get dimishing returns with multiple identical miniatures in Malifaux and wondered if you thought that all five are needed for this to work, or if swapping some of them for (e.g) the Hodgepodge Effigy or a Ronin could tune the crew further.

Also, well done on three victories.

Thank you!

I do feel after these games that Oathkeeper can replace Soaring Dragon pretty consistently.  

Crew wise, I have considered swapping around the minions.  5 void wretches was because 1) this list was just Tara Voidspam with a different master, and 2) a mess of incorporeal scheme runners is nice on the boards we play on locally (we love terrain here).

Effigy seems like a fine choice, and a Ronin or two in pools with “kill minions” would be a good with hard to kill. I would be leery of dropping below 8 activations, though.  This list really wants to alpha strike at the bottom of turn 1, and maybe get a top of turn 2 as well, and out-activating your opponent is key there.  

Have you tried out a variant yourself?  I’ve gotten onto a Misaki kick lately, so I haven’t dug out the Viks in a while.  I’m curious to see what changes you’d make, and how your games would go!