Hamelin - where will you dig the Pits?

Mutter

So, it seems that the new upgrade, Plague Pits, is going to be immensely popular. I'm looking forward to spreading the Blight,  too.

But I heven't really decided how to best place the Pit markers strategically. I guess so far away from the opposing zone that no model can reach a marker with just one move would be best.

That way, the earliest they can dispose of them would be turn 2, and it would slow them down immensely (possibly losing a walk AP in the first turn to avoid getting Blight in the first turn, resulting in +2 Blight). But does it make sense to cluster them? So that anybody disposing one gets affected by another? Or strung out, so they can't be avoided?

Any ideas on this would be welcome ...

In Extraction/Guard the Stash place them around center area so enemies will gain Blight if they want to score strategy.

In other strategies I usually place 1-2 markers close to the center so I can move them without problem close to enemy models and third marker usually ends in a position which guarantees spreading Blight on enemy Master or big beater on tun one.

I was thinking about placing them with Crooligans so even if you get there first turn, you can't interact with another model around, and you want to do actions to get ride of the Crooligans?  More blight for you!

• Like 1

Depends on the opponent. I've tried a few games placing them 6-7" from enemy models, worked wonders against McCabe, Wastrels etc. which ended up with 10+ Blight each.

Against Sandeep however, his entire crew can place, push, summon with interact on the turn they are summoned etc. the markers got disspelled pretty quickly. I think I managed to Obey and stuff to make 2 models Blighted before they were all gone.

They are a lot harder to get rid of in the center of the table, when having to worry about Hamelin & friends at the same time but that also means noone gets blighted on turn 1 at all. Worth remembering.

• Like 1

I tend to have them hang back just on my side of the board, wait for their crew to advance and then move them to wear the action is with my crew defending them.

On  a related note, what are people's views on moving them. Can I discard multiple cards at the end of a turn to move either a marker multiple times or multiple markers? I've had opponents say both Yes and No so I'm not sure which way is correct.