MrDeathTrout

Can you choose to paralyze a model with immunity?

Question

If the Necrotic Machine forces a model with Frozen Heart to either take damage or gain Paralyzed can the Frozen Heart model choose to gain Paralyzed, which is then nullified by Frozen Heart?

I think the answer is no because is says to gain the condition which the Frozen Heard model cannot do, so it is not a valid choice.

Frozen Heart: This model is immune to Horror Duels and Paralyzed. 

Necrotic Machines Trigger

:crow:crowInfectious Fluid: After succeeding, the target must discard a card and suffer 1 damage, or gain the Paralyzed Condition.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I think the answer is yes. 

The play gets to choice to discard 1 card and take 1 damage. If they decided  not to (possibly becasue they have no cards) then the trigger gives the paralysed condition, which just doesn't happen to the model because of its immunity, so nothing happens. 

I've just left it here 

Immunity

A model immune to a game rule cannot be affected by that rule. The model never performs a duel to which it is immune. A model immune to Horror Duels, for instance, simply does not perform the duel.

A model immune to a Condition can never receive the Condition. If an Attack (or other source) causes damage and applies a Condition to a model, the model still suffers the damage, but it would not gain the Condition if it is immune. If a model gains immunity to a Condition while it has the Condition, it immediately removes the Condition.

page 36

No, you can't paralyze a model with immunity even if the model's controller wants it to be paralyzed.

Yes, a Frozen Heart model can choose to not discard and take damage to suffer the other consequence (to which they happen to be immune).

21 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Here's the last time this has come up, albeit with different specifics. 

Thank you!  I searched the forum, but missed that one.  It doesn't look like there was  total consensus, but the majority said you can choose the condition.