Schemes & Stones - Wave 5 Guild Upgrades

Khyodee

Glad you put the Guild episode up :)

I'm not sure that Lady J can place herself the second time if you didn't take the ml attack, as it says "after resolving the attack and any triggers".

Also not sure if I heard that one correct, but disrupt magic gives the opponent a :-fate to cast actions, not to their resist against ca - so there's no real use in chain activating and nuking a model with Sonnia after walking a Witch Hunter up to that model.

Think Hoffmann lost a lot of bad match ups, he at least was one of the best options for stake a claim, but it was dangerous to take him - some armor ignore could screw you.

Not anymore ^^

So, a definite increase in power level imho.

6 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Im not done it yet, but I think you are underestimating tin cans.   The range is much larger than reporters, performers or investigators, so it almost functions as a longer range allison dade.   activating her late in a turn can make set up serious denial

Sure, and dead models don`t get to place markers (usually^^)

It´s just the usual question - what do you leave at home?

Trick shooting is a staple imo, Aura Ancestral is pretty good, Fastest Draw, maybe Vengeance Bullet?

But all depends on schemes and strats of course, as always - I like the upgrade,  just not sure what to leave at home - but it can be totally viable, agreed :)

2 hours ago, Tris said:

Sure, and dead models don`t get to place markers (usually^^)

It´s just the usual question - what do you leave at home?

Trick shooting is a staple imo, Aura Ancestral is pretty good, Fastest Draw, maybe Vengeance Bullet?

But all depends on schemes and strats of course, as always - I like the upgrade,  just not sure what to leave at home - but it can be totally viable, agreed :)

I think it depends on the opponent,  but in a marker heavy set I might run trick shooting and the two new ones.   Especially if I'm expecting take one for the team too..  

3 hours ago, Myyrä said:

I would imagine taking Tin Cans would lead you to playing Perdita somewhat differently. It doesn't make that much sense to invest in her damage if you have other things you want her doing. With Emissary she could even go all in on scheming.

My last game with her I did something similar with jury.  I still kept trick shooting so my opponents had to respect the killing possibility of a 5 point severe, as well as using her 12 quick shot ability to discourage charges going into two. 

Ended up using an action of hers or two a turn with obey for ply for info.  My opponent felt like if I had just killed it would have been an easier game for me,  but I won pretty handily. 

10 minutes ago, trikk said:

Armor 1 won`t really save you. Armor 2 will most likely leave you on a very low would limit. If she gets 4 attacks she can do 12 dmg to a peacekeeper. With the more probable 3 its still 9. If there is any follow up there is a chance you won`t be left with a alot.

Same could be said about more or less any crew facing Viks. What makes Hoffman especially ill-equipped?

The way I see it, Hoffman is exceptionally well-equipped to handle Viks. Riot Breaker alone can pretty much neuter Vik of Blööd. Hoffman also has the ability to strike very far away very fast. That limits how aggressively Viks can deploy and act.

Just now, Myyrä said:

Same could be said about more or less any crew facing Viks. What makes Hoffman especially ill-equipped?

The way I see it, Hoffman is exceptionally well-equipped to handle Viks. Riot Breaker alone can pretty much neuter Vik of Blööd. Hoffman also has the ability to strike very far away very fast. That limits how aggressively Viks can deploy and act.

He still works with a bubble. I agree its a lot better and Riot Breakers will be fun for that but I think if we count armor ignoring stuff, they are still the biggest threat IMHO

3 minutes ago, trikk said:

He still works with a bubble. I agree its a lot better and Riot Breakers will be fun for that but I think if we count armor ignoring stuff, they are still the biggest threat IMHO

Maybe the biggest armor ignoring threat. I'm more worried about stuff targeting Wp right now.

4 hours ago, trikk said:

Do you think you can get the riot breaker in place to stop the alpha strike? Thats always been the big question for me (I tried to use guardians for the same thing).