Mindless Zombies - Most powerful unit in the game?

Rob Lo

3 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

He doesn't, it's closer to this:

Residents of Rottenburg: Friendly Undead
models within 12" and LoS may take Ml
Actions printed on this model's stat card at -C
Ml during their Activations, but they can only
take one Action printed on this model's stat

Okay, so after reading different versions in this thread now the actual ruletext straight from the broken promises book:

Residents of Rottenburg: Friendly Undead models within 12" and LoS may take Ml Actions printed on this model's stat card,
but they can only 
take one Action printed on this model's statcard per activation and cannot declare triggers

... so this means every activation, not just their own. Right?

21 hours ago, Adran said:

Sorry Disagree. Assuming Rob Lo has the text correct.  Nothing in the above posted wording says they can only use it in their activation. It says that they can only take 1 action per activation, but that means they could take 1 action during Models A activation, one during model b's activation as well as one during their own activation. Each is a different activation. The Playtest files did limit it to their own activation, but that appears to have gone.

If it is Bobs activation, and Bob is engaged with a mindles zombie. Bob declares a walk action and the zombie chooses to declare a disengaging strike. It  can choose to use Undead Minions for the strike. If it hits Bob can use his second AP to walk away again, and whilst the Zombie can declare a disengaging strike, it can't use Undead minions because it has already used 1 action this activation

Yeah, as Daysleeper also confirms, my text was a direct copy from the card in the box. Each friendly undead, whether MZ or necropunk or whatever, can definitely declare it one time per each activation, no matter who the active model is. There is no 'at a -1ML' type clause in the final version.

I face a lot of mindless zombies nowadays and they are getting more and more obnoxious.

Not only can they be summoned from all that corpse markers laying around and therefore be a problem on their own, but they now get a HUGE boost with Asura rotten. Just combine that with Nico or Reva getting corpse candles all day long and other stuff producing corpse markers. They have now the realistic ability to bind enemy models very effectively. They are height 2, so a Devour is not possible at all. Because they are undead you can`t eat them with cats or anything else.

Additionally they can be even more effective against your enemy with interference, claim jump oder any other Scheme/Strategy that says: "If an enemy model is nearby...deny!".

Furthermore they allow the Resser to outactivate ANY opponent with mindless zombies just being cheap activations.

Of course they are easy to hit and dont have many Wds, but they soak up even more AP with that and you get an even greater advantage if your opponent ist forced to deal with those Zombies.

In my opinion they should be cuddled a bit.

Before you will judge me that i am just frustratet or something let me tell you, that i do also play ressers and i find them just too powerful especially with Asura now.

I tried to fight them with different masters and Marcus was the worst here. Having good melee attacks is nice, but 1 AP or sometimes 2 for 1 Zombies is just a bad deal. Blasts from Raspy obviously help, but they produce new corpse markers and the fun begins fresh from the start. Frozen Servants also helps quite well, but a 7 to get this cast off is not an easy task if you are pressured by them. Also the added mobility for Resser via Kentauroi and the charge and place a corspe marker makes it even worse :).

Maybe you share some similar experience.

See you in the Bayou,

Lokibri.

Lady J crew is probably better. No corpses when she kills them.

What does Sonia do that removes the mindless and not kills them (legit question, i know about the blast damage, cant think of good summoning she does or corpse removal)? Just Killing mindless zombies doesnt work as if nico is behind it, the resser draws a bunch of cards and then laughs it all back up again.

37 minutes ago, Kinginyello said:

What does Sonia do that removes the mindless and not kills them (legit question, i know about the blast damage, cant think of good summoning she does or corpse removal)? Just Killing mindless zombies doesnt work as if nico is behind it, the resser draws a bunch of cards and then laughs it all back up again.

Spending LJs ap on killing mindless zombies sounds horrible. 

Not sure if Sonnia can summon stalkers to make the model not place a corpse. There's alsothe whole issue of Nico basicqlly wanting you to kill them. I'm really interewted in seeing how it plays out, the interaction of Asura + Nico just seems broken to me.

10 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Spending LJs ap on killing mindless zombies sounds horrible. 

Not sure if Sonnia can summon stalkers to make the model not place a corpse. There's alsothe whole issue of Nico basicqlly wanting you to kill them. I'm really interewted in seeing how it plays out, the interaction of Asura + Nico just seems broken to me.

Agreed on LJ, though to be honest, anyone spending ap to kill mindless zombies is just depressing. But ml 11 zombies at 2/3/5 is dangerous.

And sonnias summon doesnt stop corpse dropping, which doesn't quite help.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rob Lo said:

Given the number of bits that have to line up just right to get all this to happen I don't think we'll have to worry about it all that much. Time will tell. 

Asura and emissary getting zombies on the board is pretty automatic. They might not get tot ml 11 but they will sure as hell hit hard.

++DISPERSE. DISPERSE.++

(Of course I'm going to champion the stompybot solution! :PBut a slow-which-isn't-slow bypasses Nicodem's preventative aura, and a pulse can trade 1 AP for neutering 2 or 3 zombies.)

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Any game where you are killing mindless zombies is probably lost already. It looks to me like an alpha Nico and Asura turn one or lose situation.

I would be more annoyed if that didn't feel like it was the truth even before Wave 5.

...Wait, this is the Resser forum itself. Oops. Carry on.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2017 at 5:47 PM, Kinginyello said:

If Sonnia is allowed to freely shoot at the Zombies, she will also likely kill anyone who is creating them in the process.

26 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

If Sonnia is allowed to freely shoot at the Zombies, she will also likely kill anyone who is creating them in the process.

He blasts do at most three damage and kills the convenient zombieyou just targeted so you might not get more off in the same activation. That doesn't exactly oneshot Nico at 14 wounds.

Just now, Ludvig said:

He blasts do at most three damage and kills the convenient zombieyou just targeted so you might not get more off in the same activation. That doesn't exactly oneshot Nico at 14 wounds.

I believe a single zombie doesn't count as an infestation either.

Just now, Myyrä said:

I believe a single zombie doesn't count as an infestation either.

Haha, true indeed but if she severes the target she will kill every zombie she blasts. If your opponent placed too many zombies in prime spots to give Sonnia targets it wouldn't matter what they played because it sounds like they would lose anyway. Her main problems are usually models engaging her or breaking LoS. I would assume a competent player would give me as few targets as possible.