Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- September

prof_bycid

There is a local tournament coming up (18 november) where i will be playing neverborn, so switching from my kirai crew back to getting everything from zoraida and titania painted.

This month I'll go for the autumn knights, but since I'm making good progress I'll probably add in the rougarou as well.

large.IMG_20170901_172607.jpg.927755406facbe7f12d5415d1dc8a09f.jpg

Here's some WIP as well. Lighting ain't great at the moment so picture quality is not great. For the tooth and thorn I'm thinking of redoing the base as they are such awesome miniatures I don't want to build a base that's too big and takes the attention off of the model. I mostly still have to do some details, the base and the skin, which I'm liking a darker tone in stead of more white as the artwork, dark grey/brown with some purple hints seems to fit.

large.IMG_20170909_103654.jpg.6cd5f03a7b873eda97577dbef956d586.jpglarge.IMG_20170909_103724.jpg.99d5147a7e75ba427ef411b02ac44391.jpglarge.IMG_20170909_103408.jpg.645676bf07859bfcb48ef9cd5d30ebc4.jpglarge.IMG_20170909_103501.jpg.d3e6b0318ff5bceed15ceddd6129c3d9.jpg

• Like 9

I'm going to be an unofficial party crasher here with ya'll, but I'm much more of a hobbyist than a gamer and I like having a community of people to share that with.  Hope you don't mind me barging in!  

So here's my pledge for the month (though, of course, this only counts for me in my own little world ;) ) 

1- Jury (8SS) 

2- Miss Deed (10SS)

3- Grootslang (6SS) 

4- The Midnight Stalker (8SS) 

5- Talos (8SS) 

6- Thalarian Quellers (x2) (Total of 12SS) 

That's a total of 52SS for the month (...but I'm bad at math, you can tell me if I messed that up....) 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Shock & Awe said:

That said... 

I finished my Jury last night, and here's a shot of it.  I still have work to do on the book, but I need the pens I want to write words in her book before I can knock it out. 

What kind of pens do people use for writing in books? I've always (unsuccessful) tried using a thin brush

1 hour ago, wizuriel said:

What kind of pens do people use for writing in books? I've always (unsuccessful) tried using a thin brush

I was recommended these pens by a fellow Malifaux-er on The Wyrd Place: 

https://www.jetpens.com/Sakura-Pigma-Micron-Pen-Size-005-0.2-mm-Black/pd/2042

but I've yet to try it, so I'll let you know if it works...

5 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

I local player uses those pens with good results but I haven't tried them yet. I'd like to do a tattoo or something.

IMHO...It could well be that those pens work for you...but...considering the outlay....a Winsor & Newton Series 7 brush number 0 or 00 will not only work just for that one small application but also  for a myriad of other painterly requirements 👍....with a brush you can knock back the colour/tone of your desired "print " to fit in with your overall paint scheme....it could be that a pen ,albeit very fine,will only give you a solid black that could change the perspective/overpower your chosen palette.......just my $0.002 😉

• Like 1

large.IMG_4320.JPG.40d279802708616b77cc9df2174cb781.JPGFor this month I shall be mainly doing Dr Dufresne and Mr Graves...lurking in the wings is Jakob Lynch....I'd like to do him as well but need to know first  if that would be ok with you other fellows....his skeletal companion I started on some time back but as he isn't on the card and Jakob is still in primer would it be ok to enter him ? I'm completely ok if someone thinks that's off as thanks to Wyrd's constant releases I am not short of other models to make ;)

Dr Dufresne has a cache of 4....what does that translate to in SS ?

@Viruk Rail Golem looks great 👍

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

large.IMG_4320.JPG.40d279802708616b77cc9df2174cb781.JPGFor this month I shall be mainly doing Dr Dufresne and Mr Graves...lurking in the wings is Jakob Lynch....I'd like to do him as well but need to know first  if that would be ok with you other fellows....his skeletal companion I started on some time back but as he isn't on the card and Jakob is still in primer would it be ok to enter him ? I'm completely ok if someone thinks that's off as thanks to Wyrd's constant releases I am not short of other models to make ;)

Dr Dufresne has a cache of 4....what does that translate to in SS ?

@Viruk Rail Golem looks great 👍

Masters are 15ss for our purpose.

• Like 1