Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- September

prof_bycid

Welcome to the September painting challenge. 

What is this?:  This is a friendly painting community, not a competition.  Remember that this is a fan-based thing only, and is not sponsored or approved by Wyrd in any way (i.e., screw-ups are on me, not them.). 

Rules:   Models count for the month in which you finish them.  Everyone may fail to make their monthly goal twice and stay in the challenge, but that means it is now too late to sign up this year. 

Tracking sheet: can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUeZczizoFoMjwVDcJVpJtYkKiRvTOf5HpniRHrmijU/edit?usp=sharing

Posting:  At the START of the month: post a photo of your unpainted minis and any plans for them you have.  In the MIDDLE of the month: post work in progress photos if you want, or just banter about ideas.  At the END of the month: post your finished models and the Soul Stone Cost painted, and I will get this on the tracking sheet.  Post this by the end of the month.  And include the total soul stones painted. 

We are getting some really great paint jobs posted---thanks everyone for keeping everyone motivated.  A few are you are really knocking out a lot of models each month!  Okay, ready, ..., and go!

I'll start by finishing Colette and Cassandra completing my Smoke and Mirrors box. After that I may take a break from Arcanists* and paint 3 Terror Tots.

*I had hoped to stay mono-faction through the end of the year but I recently got an offer I couldn't refuse on a bunch of Neverborn.

IMG_20170828_152812067.jpg

• Like 2

This might all fall apart but here's my plan:

• Hodgepodge Emissary (10)
  • Hodgepodge Effigy (4)
  • 3x Terracotta Warrior (15)
  • Yin the Penangalan (8)
  • Sanctioned Spellcaster (5)
  • The Tooth (7)
  • The Claw (7)
  • The Fang (7)

Total 63.

I've already started the TC Warriors and Yin, so I'm hoping this is attainable. If my Alt Sybelle comes in time I'll probably get her done too.

• Like 1

A slight change in my roadmap, I was focusing in arcanists but I'll try to go playing to the ITC 2018 where I would be playing outcast, so my pledge for this month (I'll update later with the pictures) will be more outcast themed:

2 x Coryphees = 14 SS (these are the leftovers from August)

4 x Abominations = 16 SS

1 x Desolation Engine = 13 SS

For a total of 43 SS. Johan is sitting in the bench in case everything goes fine (but bad things happen so...). 

So still can't decide, so I'm just putting up a picture of all immediate painting possibilities. 

A quick head count:

Titania (15)

Nekima (13)

Alt Barbaros (10)

Aeslin (9)

Rougarou (8)

The Knights x3 (21)

Waldgeists x3 (18)

Grootslang (6)

The Gorar (3)

The Jury (8)

Mounted Guard/Ramone x1 (7)

Thelarian Queller x1 (5)

For a potential 133ss if I did my math right and I have a completely bonkers month on painting.

large.20170905_174409.jpg.5e26a7f947c16d9b5fb4a2946da497e4.jpg

• Like 3