Cut of Hinamatsu with black joker and order

D_acolyte

Question

I have 2 questions about Cut of Hinamatsu, I will explain some logic to go with it.

First: If I attack a model which has the condition of Cut by Hinamatsu and flip the black joker do I still do the damage of the Cut by Hinamatsu condition?

Cut of Hinamatsu +number reads “This models suffer +1 damage from attacks from enemy Hinamatsu models.” The rest of it is about when it goes away.

Jokers and the damage flip according to page 52 reads “The Black Joker always deal no damage, so Triggers which are declared after damaging or while damaging (such as Critical Strike) are not applied.”

This damage is not a trigger so the trigger part does not matter.

There are 2 easy arguments:

1: Rule book said you deal no damage and so you deal no damage, I do not think this is correct.

2: Himatsu deals 0 damage from his attack and then you apply the condition on the enemy to Cut of Hinamatsu to increase the deal that is damage. This seems much more in line with various other logic in the game, such as how conditions tend to work and the way reductions/preventions work.

The Second question: On Hinamatsu attack it state the target suffers damage and gain the Cut of Hinamatsu +1 condition. This has no timing mechanism in it so as the act player I get decide the order, am I correct?

If so I would think this to strong. Rational: I could Cut of Hinamatsu +1 and then do damage making my   non-black joker minimum 2. Then when you get to Cut of Hinamatsu +3 on the next attack I can damage you for 4 have the condition reset and then give you Cut of Hinamatsu +1.

When I played Hinamatsu last night I always did it after the damage flip.

1 answer to this question

1 No you have to deal damage to deal +1 damage. The same applies to all the bonus damage out there, like Critical strike, sisters in strength,m bigger than you, halloigens. The inital attack has to deal damage for the bonus damage to be applied.  (FAQ 95 talks about this with regards to the Hallucigens condition)

2 I am of the opinion that you should follow the order of the text. We've never had it clarified, but if the text says "do a and do b" I assume you have to do a first then do b. (Shenlongs heal and condition removal action is the normal one we talk about I think)

• Like 1