Le gob

Hi,
A lot of characters in our group have developped crafting skills, mainly for campaign related reasons, but we noticed that the cost to craft an item is 1/4 the selling price. That's basically nothing once you got the toolkit. Our fatemaster was thinging of changing the cost to 1/2 price. 
Did you guys use it? What do you think of the cost?

One thing to also keep in mind is that the description of the Crafting Toolkit on page 225.  It basically states that the toolkit is fairly "large" normally, such that to move it around you might need several people to carry it about.  Now I imagine that is more for stuff like Blacksmithing, homesteading, Artifacting, and printing as I could see a single person able to carry a kit for Art, Stitching *as long as it is not a sowing machine*, Culinary *though might get pretty big if they have to many pots and pans*, Alchemistry *again depends on how complete the set up*, and Explosives *again depends on the complete set up*.  So unless you have a base set up where you can set up a forge station or printing press it can be hard to make stuff as all the Crafting skills need some sort of equipment to work *even if it is just food and a kitchen in Culinary's case*.  You might get away with a small Blacksmithing or Artifacting toolkit if it is just a repair bag rather than a work station but otherwise it is not something you can carry around easily.  Then there is also the time involved as things like swords and guns take at least days to craft unless you are making a shoddy version or you went the extra step to get prepared materials to make it faster *but more costly*.

Now stuff like Alchemy, Explosives, and Culinary might take less but at the same time I would not want to rush any of those either.

• Like 1