Ten Thunders core models?

Mateyo

Hello! I'm fairly new to Malifaux. I notice some factions have "core" models that are taken in most lists. It seems ten thunders masters seem to do best with their "second" faction units. Am I wrong here? Do we have any core models which work well in a lot of list/with a lot of masters? Thank you!

Emissary, Yasunori, Monks of Low River, Terracotta Warriors and Thunder Brothers all seem like very frequent hires where I play.

You are right that some masters do have really good picks in their second faction. Guild Hound spam is a big draw of McGabe. Depleted are solid when you want cheap minions to stick around with Lynch. Yan Lo loves his Goryo.

• Thanks 1

Nikodemus got most of the really common ones, but you also see a lot of Sensei Yu. Nearly every crew I make or see will have the Emissary or Sensei Yu in it. Sometimes both.

As slightly less common but still great hires there's Chiaki the Niece, Wandering River Monks, and Katanaka Snipers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to Malifaux, and specifically; Welcome to the Greatest of the Factions, beloved of the Game Designer, and whose models draw the green gaze of jealousy whenever they are announced at the crew selection stage,

You will always (99% anyway) be choosing from either: Shadow Emissary or Sensei Yu. These guys supply fast and pushes in different ways, which is really key as we tend to be low on activation count so its imperative to get maximum efficiency from our activation when its our turn.

Terracotta Warriors, Low River Monks, and Thunder Brothers are common hires but I suspect the Thunder Brother might get replaced with Charm Warders once they arrive.

Common models with the Master (from the second faction)

Yan Lo - Goryo

McCabe - Guild Hounds

Lynch - Illuminated are the best (and TT) but you might see a Depleted if the strategy calls for it

Mei Feng - I don't take Arcanist models but I do take the Mech. Porkchop as it has the Foundry characteristic. It can be found in the Gremlin faction

Misaki - Nothing. I might take a Wokou Raider in Interference but not usually

Brewmaster - Wesley (and the 7ss tax *mumble grumble*)