Zoraida New build ideas

lame0

So I was watching Alex's new video and honestly I kind of agree with him that Zoraida just feels really tough to make a list for. The issue is for a bunch of her core models you are paying some level of Merc tax and it's hard not to get at least a few of them. I came up with this list as the best I could come up with but I'd love some feedback.

50 SS Gremlins Crew
Zoraida + 4 Pool
 - Powerful Control (2)
 - Tarot Reading (2)
Sammy LaCroix (7)
 - Poisoned Fate (1)
Gremlin Taxidermist (7)
 - Dirty Cheater (1)
Pere Ravage (6)
The Sow (8)
Lightning Bug (5)
Slop Hauler (5)
Will O' The Wisp (3)
Will O' The Wisp (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Flex options:

Sammy or tarot reading + 2x will o' the wisp

For

Trixie/ Francois & hexed bag/ bayou & slop hauler/ Burt & dirty cheater

So this list only has 9 models but on the other hand has lots of potential summoning with Sammy and the taxidermist summoning stuffed piglets, while the Willow o' the wisps bring out the voodoo dolls. Additionally the sow can summon a piglet(rare) or more likely summons two when it dies. 

So I think the sow is pretty great with Zoraida. In fact it's the one model that makes me feel like there is something special for Zoraida in Gremlins. You can also obey an enemy to attack the sow from range to paralyze. One obey on the sow has it charging 9" with an 11" reach on a ml 5 3/5/6 damage track with positive flips to damage and attack. Throw in an extra obey and that range becomes 16" which is great. Smell Fear is finally a good ability now that Zoraida and Sammy are hitting the enemy with far range wp duels giving the sow an extra attack. One thing to note is that although I like the idea of charging in with the sow I'd probably use it for intimidating the charge and hold it back a bit to soften stuff up and make sure I have the paralyze available. 

Edit: removed bit about terrifying for voodoo.

I think Sammy with an 18 inch no cover 4 damage attack is pretty sweet granted you need to do it early but even vs a voodoo doll it's nice because you can manipulate it yourself. Also the Hem target makes it so that you almost always have something to attack with Poisoned Fate. Also Sammy can put the no charge no walk condition on the voodoo doll which isn't bad.

I think pere is a great addition with his 8" charge (10 with rg: 2) that gets him where he's needed to be...in the enemy's face. (Funny story yesterday I one shot Nellie with a severe stupid trigger sh attack with him on his last wound......he is a very variance heavy model)

So overall this list gets you to at least 11 activations turn 2 with potentially 12-13 if you get any summons off of Sammy or the taxidermist. In addition to that control you have significant support (obeys, summons, slows, healing, the wisps call), heavy damage beaters (Sammy, sow, pere & taxidermist) and some paralyze flying about to tie down your opponent. 

Let me know what you think.

13 hours ago, lame0 said:

I think Sammy with an 18 inch no cover 4 damage attack is pretty sweet granted you need to do it early but even vs a voodoo doll it's nice because you can manipulate it yourself. Also the Hem target makes it so that you almost always have something to attack with Poisoned Fate. Also Sammy can put the no charge no walk condition on the voodoo doll which isn't bad.

She can also put the Terrifying test when Activating curse on the Voodoo Doll and the Hemmed target. Voodoo Doll can cheat low to fail the test and get Paralyze. Just be careful of not activating too close to the Doll with your other models.

7 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

She can also put the Terrifying test when Activating curse on the Voodoo Doll and the Hemmed target. Voodoo Doll can cheat low to fail the test and get Paralyze. Just be careful of not activating too close to the Doll with your other models.

Yeah I saw that ability but the one thing I don't love is the fact that they have a lot of time to react. So make a voodoo-> cast the condition -> activate voodoo. Though I guess if you out activate someone you could potentially double paralyze a model. Issue is it feels like they have two chances to activate before they get paralyzed. I was thinking maybe there was the highest value casting it on your own model.

I think it's easy enough to avoid the horror dual on the original model (activate it first lol) so Zoraida could obey Sammy to cast it on Zoraida (or other activated models if she didn't go first) or Sammy could cast it on another model that activated. Then the target doesn't have to take the horror dual and then any voodoo doll that activates within 3 of the target can fail. (Very efficient). That is a pretty huge paralyze effect (16 inch bubble from a 50mm target model not even considering pushing or obeying it around.) Also worst case you take the horror duel on the target (Franc is wp 7, Burt is wp 7, Zoraida is wp 10 and lots of wp 5, taxidermist is wp 4.) 

So I like that condition but I think it can be better sometimes when it's cast on one of my own models to paralyze multiple voodoo dolls . (If I only have one voodoo doll a turn for some reason casting on the voodoo is the best choice.)

Thanks for making me think about it more :D