OUTCAST - ALT MODEL

Nathan Caroland

45 minutes ago, Jordon said:

I'd really love to see an alternate Ronin model. The whole school girl thing just doesn't appeal to me. I'd like to see them take a step back a little to how they looked in 1.5 with a bit more of the samurai/cowboy look

True story: I painted a friend's metal Ronin just so I can borrow them instead of using trashy plastic ones.

They're mercs too, so everyone benefits!

I just want to see a re-release of the alt Hannah model. I'd love to get my hands on one, but those things are in such high demand - and sell for such inflated prices - on auction sites, that they are almost impossible to obtain. Based on the demand and prices the model commands, I actually think that Wyrd is missing a trick by not putting the figure back into production.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, yanlosbeard said:

I just want to see a re-release of the alt Hannah model. I'd love to get my hands on one, but those things are in such high demand - and sell for such inflated prices - on auction sites, that they are almost impossible to obtain. Based on the demand and prices the model commands, I actually think that Wyrd is missing a trick by not putting the figure back into production.

I imagine they have not done it because it was a Kickstarter exclusive rather than a normal Alt Model. 

Ashes and Dust's mechanic could probably lend it to a really cool alternate model. Like a headless body that runs to put its head back on or something. To me it seems like a good opportunity for some creativity. I also do not like the model for Hannah and share the complaints of others about the limited edition model being unavailable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EnternalVoid said:

I imagine they have not done it because it was a Kickstarter exclusive rather than a normal Alt Model. 

In my opinion they should just release it in a different colour or something, so that the original KickStarter backer rewards are still special. I think they've done this before with GenCon exclusive nightmare crew boxes. 

8 hours ago, yanlosbeard said:

In my opinion they should just release it in a different colour or something, so that the original KickStarter backer rewards are still special. I think they've done this before with GenCon exclusive nightmare crew boxes. 

I would argue that is different, as those are event items they have made where the Hannah was a reward item for picking a certain level on the kickstarter.

Personally if they were going to do something with Hannah I would want a whole new sculpt to make it unique.

15 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

Killjoy has been mentioned with a female Killjoy specifically, but I'd like to specifically suggest Killjoy from before he was turned into his current state. Could be cool to see what he was beforehand.

Imagining just the same sculpt with just the belly intact....

Could see them doing a re sculpt of something very generic from the early range as part of a refresh to the model's rules as well, like a Female Hans. (never Miss)

Another Miss option would be to do a Desperate Mercenary female model, or a female Rat Catcher? (Cats  alternative Hamelin release might have stopped this)  

An alternate sculpt Rusty Alyce would go down well for players, but also reduce the sales of master box just to get that model. 

On 31.8.2017 at 10:09 AM, Raimu said:

There was "Lady in Black" by Uriah Heep, which came year before "Man in Black" from Johny Cash, so this can be played around. :)

Actually they were both originally released in the spring of '71. Lady in March, Man in May...

Just nitpicking though, awesome idea! :-)

On 2.9.2017 at 10:34 AM, yanlosbeard said:

I agree on theory, but I'd rather prefer if Wyrd didn't re-release the alt-Hannah. I do have the Kickstarter one, and I do wish I could get more for conversions, but I don't think it's worth it. Wyrd faced a shit storm when releasing the plastic Dreamer kit because the Chompy sculpt was similar to the metal Nightmare edition (80% size, different tail, no Dreamer on shoulder), just imagine the noise level should the re-release a model they explicitly promised they would never again make?

On 3.9.2017 at 10:01 AM, yanlosbeard said:

I don't think a different colour is enough sadly. Collectors are funny that way... Maybe with a slightly different pose?

On 3.9.2017 at 6:27 PM, EnternalVoid said:

Personally if they were going to do something with Hannah I would want a whole new sculpt to make it unique.

This. I have one of each Hannahs, the exclusive one and a converted regular one (they can be made decent with some work...).

I really would love one based on the Kickstarter one, but with a more dynamic pose...